Brackley Away Sat

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Brackley Away Sat

Post by onewayup » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:31 pm

After the preseason build up i was disappointed at our surrender to curson and said so however I did say that I overreacted with my disappointment, after the last two game's there is a much improved performance both games and it can and should get even better the more game time these players get, I am thinking we can make the playoffs and may be even better that. Keep working lads, Saturday was excellent.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:28 pm

It was excellent but we need to stop handing teams easy goals.

I don't think Tommy would be too impressed with Brackley's goals on Saturday.

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:35 pm

It’ll be interesting to hear Lo’s opinion on Brackely’s first. TW mentioned about Maddison being stronger, but looking at the goal-cam it seemed that Ndlovu did a little more than just stand on the keeper. It seemed quite a clever way of freeing up a free-header in the box IMO.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Agreed, it looks like Nd lovu was stood on maddison stopping him from moving towards the ball as you say free header.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:43 am

onewayup wrote:Agreed, it looks like Nd lovu was stood on maddison stopping him from moving towards the ball as you say free header.
Jonny M clearly impeded, well off the ball and was quickly over to the ref to protest. In this league, there seems to be little protection afforded to keepers so either he needs to fall over screaming as soon as he is touched, or be more robust and expect more physicality in the game. We know there is no VAR and the standard of refereeing is very variable, so JM will have to learn how best to cope.

The lad has made a good start, am impressed with his distribution, good anticipation, reflex saves and developing a good relationship with the defence. Still need to keep a clean sheet, and Blyth might not be the easiest game to get it. Nevertheless, it will come, once we can field a settled defence. :thumbup:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:46 am

Quakers83 wrote:It’ll be interesting to hear Lo’s opinion on Brackely’s first. TW mentioned about Maddison being stronger, but looking at the goal-cam it seemed that Ndlovu did a little more than just stand on the keeper. It seemed quite a clever way of freeing up a free-header in the box IMO.
It is probably a foul if seen he uses his body but it is a movement into the keeper rather than anywhere else.. There are probably on average 7 simultaneous challenges taking place in the penalty area from a corner so it’s pretty easy to see why it would be missed the focus tends to go towards the immediate challenge on the ball as being the one that has the biggest impact.

Wright has a point. If Maddison knows it’s coming or expects it all he had to do was step to the right and Ndluvo ends up on the floor and he ends up free. Wright will have done the job that Ndluvo did there many times in the past I am sure and will have someone in our team doing it down the other end.

It’s probably one of those contacts that is ‘expected’ by the majority of players.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:46 am

Many thanks for the great highlights package. I look at a fair few of the match videos for different clubs and I've yet to see a more professionally done package than the one Kev puts together on our You Tube site. Top quality.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:11 am

These videos really are a godsend to exiles. A great result, some defensive work to be done. Maddison looks like he needs to hit the weights to me.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:22 pm

Just watched the highlights. Aside from the quality of the production and commentary there's some encouraging football there.

Front two (or three with Thompson) look like they can link up well, Styches industry alongside Thompson's technique and pace with the ball,and Ainges pure physicality. I like what i see.

A couple of defensive lapses for their goals, Collins ball watching for the second and Maddisson maybe naive for the first but you expect that to a certain extent at this level. I thought Burn looked good and I'd imagine Galbraith and Collins will be competing to partner him longer term.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC