Vaulks on loan to Whitby

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Vaulks on loan to Whitby

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:59 pm

As above.

Clearly not in TW's immediate plans. With Collins dropped it suggests Burn and Galbraith will be first choice centre backs going forward.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Re: Vaulks on loan to Whitby

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:10 pm

Sorry to hear that news. Vaulks has never let us down when he's played for us. Hope he does well at Whitby and comes back to us an even better player than he already is. Having said that I think game time is exactly what he needs at the moment, rather than keeping the bench warm.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:19 pm

Only reason is lack of the reserves this year. TW said this was what would happen to squad players. Will be in when injuries allow I'm sure.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:46 pm

I think this is a positive move. Giving him some proper game time at a decent level. I’ve been impressed in what I’ve seen so far. But he’s still very young. I fully expect him to be a mainstay at centre half next season. And then to move up the leagues not long after that. But he needs time. Vaulks is the next Heaton, we can all see it. But dropping him into the defence at the moment would do neither him, nor the club as a whole benefit. His time will come.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:10 am

The lad needs a run out to develop his game. Good luck & stay injury free in case we need him back :clap:

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:31 pm

Starts today for Whitby against Witton Albion. Good to see him straight into the starting line up.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:13 pm

Think we're going to have to recall him with Galbraith injured and Collins "injured".

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:16 pm

Don't they have to go for at least a month?

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:37 pm

Quakerz wrote:Think we're going to have to recall him with Galbraith injured and Collins "injured".
Can't Ainge play at CB

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:06 pm

banktopp wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Think we're going to have to recall him with Galbraith injured and Collins "injured".
Can't Ainge play at CB
He did 2nd half

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:47 pm

Vaulks is needed back at CB now! Our need is greater than Whitby, though probably why TW chose to say Collins was 'injured'.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:52 am

Hope we had an something written into the loan deal, that he could come back if we had an emergency?

petenita

Post by petenita » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:44 pm

jjljks wrote:Vaulks is needed back at CB now! Our need is greater than Whitby, though probably why TW chose to say Collins was 'injured'.
I noticed that Collins was struggling to run at the end of the first half, so I don’t doubt that he was injured

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:28 pm

AW in his post-match interview said that Ainge would be playing centre half for the time being. Failing that they would be bringing someone in. I Don't understand this as I thought we would be using our 'squad'. We all said Vaulks would be needed at some point. Well now he is, but he's playing for Whitby. Some puzzling stuff going on.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:33 pm

I'm pretty sure you can't recall loan players in the first month. He needed match time and no one would of anticipated Galbraith and Collins both being injured on Saturday.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:38 am

So, with Styche going away for Gibraltar, how are we giong to line up next week? :roll:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:33 am

Can we swap Collins for Vaulks?

divas

Post by divas » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:41 am

6.6.2 Short Term Loan Transfers – A Club can have up to a maximum of twelve (12) Short Term Loans during a Playing Season. The minimum period of a Short Term Loan transfer must be twenty-eight (28) days with a maximum period to the end of the Playing Season.
The Competition shall not approve more than two (2) Short Term Loan transfers to or from any one Club, including Premier League and Football League Clubs, at any one time.
On completing the National League System Temporary Transfer Form or FA form H3, a Club must send the original to the FA, one copy to the Company, and a third copy to the secretary of the League with which the player is registered.
To extend the period of any Short Term Loan transfer a further National League System Temporary Transfer Form or FA form H3 must be completed and copies sent as directed above. If the Short Term Loan transfer is extended only the Club for whom the Player was originally registered will be allowed to cancel the agreement at any time within the extension period, i.e. after 28 days. In the case of a goalkeeper Clubs may mutually agree, if they so wish, to include a recall clause in the agreement to enable the Club for who the Player was originally registered to recall the Player at any time during the loan period. Players other than goalkeepers may not be recalled within the first month, i.e. 28 days, of any loan.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:55 am

divas wrote:6.6.2 Short Term Loan Transfers – A Club can have up to a maximum of twelve (12) Short Term Loans during a Playing Season. The minimum period of a Short Term Loan transfer must be twenty-eight (28) days with a maximum period to the end of the Playing Season.
The Competition shall not approve more than two (2) Short Term Loan transfers to or from any one Club, including Premier League and Football League Clubs, at any one time.
On completing the National League System Temporary Transfer Form or FA form H3, a Club must send the original to the FA, one copy to the Company, and a third copy to the secretary of the League with which the player is registered.
To extend the period of any Short Term Loan transfer a further National League System Temporary Transfer Form or FA form H3 must be completed and copies sent as directed above. If the Short Term Loan transfer is extended only the Club for whom the Player was originally registered will be allowed to cancel the agreement at any time within the extension period, i.e. after 28 days. In the case of a goalkeeper Clubs may mutually agree, if they so wish, to include a recall clause in the agreement to enable the Club for who the Player was originally registered to recall the Player at any time during the loan period. Players other than goalkeepers may not be recalled within the first month, i.e. 28 days, of any loan.
Is that a "no" then?

Nigel Batches Beard

Post by Nigel Batches Beard » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:19 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:Only reason is lack of the reserves this year. TW said this was what would happen to squad players. Will be in when injuries allow I'm sure.
playing on loan at Whitby probably will bring him on

playing at Wearside League Level where the reserves were - apart from fitness, probably not

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:34 pm

So is that official that he has to have been at Whitby a month before we can recall him and if that is the case when will the month be up?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Looks like an unused sub again today. You couldn't make it up when we are down to the bare bones.

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:02 pm

While we’re talking about Whitby. Dale Hopson was available in the summer and went to Whitby. One we missed perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:40 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:when will the month be up?
28 days from the 24th Aug.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:37 pm

biccynana wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:when will the month be up?
28 days from the 24th Aug.
Cheers for that. So it's a while before we can get him back. Can't see the point of him being at Whitby if he can't get on the pitch.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:52 am

Unused sub again for Whitby last night. He will be getting very little benefit from this stint at Whitby if this keeps up. Perhaps Chris Hardy doesn't want to change things too much as they are doing well this season in seventh place.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:01 am

I can't see who is getting any benefit with this deal - DFC/Vaulks/Whitby?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:02 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:I can't see who is getting any benefit with this deal - DFC/Vaulks/Whitby?
Perhaps Whitby just took him as cover in case of injuries / suspensions to regulars.
Something which did not occur to DFC.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:13 am

Has anyone considered that he might not be good enough yet? If he's not getting into the Whitby team, what makes him more suited to play in the division above?

He has looked alright when we have seen him, but those glimpses have been sporadic. We don't know what he's like in training and so on.

bga

Post by bga » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:14 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:I can't see who is getting any benefit with this deal - DFC/Vaulks/Whitby?
Surely there has to be some financial advantage to us in that Whitby must be paying a percentage of his wages even if a small amount? What puzzles me about this is what the two clubs agree formally or informally between each other. The length of loan and financials (as above) have to be documented you would hope. But what of the Footballing side of things, surely TW would have only let him go on the understanding he would get a certain amount of game time, and whilst this might not be guaranteed maybe Whitby have had a change of heart having seen him in training etc? Maybe a Gentleman's agreement that has backfired on TW? I suppose having some of his wages paid is at least something!