DFCSG Board nominations required

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

QuakerPete
Team Supported: Darlington

DFCSG Board nominations required

Post by QuakerPete » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:48 am

Dear Member,

Nominations for Directors of Darlington FC Supporters Group

In accordance with the constitution of Darlington FC Supporters Group (DFCSG), one third of the board members elected in 2015 are required to retire at the Annual General Meeting (although they are entitled to seek re-election should they so wish). The last of the 2015 board that are required to stand down and seek re-election are Rob Duncan, Glen Bowes and Neil Raper. In addition, during the year Tony Waters had to stand down due to work commitments. Also John Bell and Terry Black have decided to stand down as has Dave Collinge, who wishes to devote his full attention to his role as Supporters’ Liaison Officer.

The constitution of DFCSG makes provision for a board of up to twelve directors and therefore there will be vacancies for up to seven additional board members to be elected at the next AGM (this has been provisionally set for 25th October but will be subject to formal notification in due course).

With the continual need to develop the infrastructure at Blackwell Meadows and to re-connect the Club with the town, this an important time for Darlington Football Club and DFCSG. Therefore, if you feel you have the necessary skills to make a positive contribution to the operation and development of DFCSG in our role as majority shareholder of Darlington Football Club, then we would very much like to hear from you. Ideally individuals would be able devote no less than 10 hours per month, are able to develop ideas that would benefit both the Group and the Football Club and are able to work under their own steam, or as part of a group to deliver and report back at the monthly board meetings. Representatives from the Group liaise regularly with the Football Club so by being a DFCSG board member you can really influence the direction of the Club.

Anyone wishing to put themselves forward as a Director of DFCSG would need to submit their details on the attached nomination form and return to the address below or email to [/webmail/compose?to[]=membership@darlingtonfc.org]membership@darlingtonfc.org to be received by Friday 28th September 2018 at the latest. The pdf form is editable but to return it by email you would need to print out the completed form, have it signed by your nominators and then email the scanned signed form. If there are more than seven nominations there will be a ballot at the Annual General Meeting.

If you wish to know more about what the role entails please contact me at [/webmail/compose?to[]=chris.stockdale@dfcsg.co.uk]chris.stockdale@dfcsg.co.uk or come and talk to us at the fans table at tSaturday's home match.
​Yours sincerely,​

Chris Stockdale

Chair
Darlington FC Supporters Group

OUR CLUB - OUR FUTURE - OUR CHOICE

darlogabbas

Re: DFCSG Board nominations required

Post by darlogabbas » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:57 pm

The DFCSG need people to actually assist and do stuff on match days to spread the work load

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:29 am

Sadly but being based in Milton Keynes and having a full time job i cant volunteer as i couldn't commit the time needed. :(

It is really important that people who are in a position to volunteer come forward to support the future of our club .

Big thanks to anyone who does

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:48 pm

OUR CLUB - OUR FUTURE - OUR CHOICE

DFCSG AGM - Thursday 25th October
Dear Member,

Set out below is an updated agenda for the DFCSG AGM on Thursday.

If you click on the link below, you can download the draft DFCSG accounts that will be put before the meeting: https://dfcsg.co.uk/61fabe49/draft-2018-accounts.pdf

If you are attending the AGM, there will be a limited supply of copies of the accounts available. So if you have access to a printer, it would help matters if you could bring your own copy with you. Alternatively, you could download the accounts and view them on your tablet.

Please bring your membership card, we intend to use a scanner to simplify registration, but if you forget, don’t worry you will still get in.

Annual General Meeting
Thursday 25th October 2018, 7.45pm
DSRM Social Club, Longfield Road, Darlington DL3 0HX

Meeting Agenda 1.Apologies for Absence
2.Introduction by the Chair
3.Appointment of Directors
4.Secretary’s Report
5.Presentation of Accounts
6.Application of Surplus
7.Appointment of Independent Examiners a.Disapplication to appoint auditors

8.Resolutions for Darlington Football Club AGM a.Reappointment of DFCSG as Corporate Director

9.Any Other Business
Following the closure of formal business, Craig Morley, Darlington FC’s new Commercial Manager will be in attendance for an informal Q & A session.
Yours sincerely,

Chris Stockdale
DFCSG Chair
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:33 pm

Different venue for the AGM, apparently the rugby club wanted £150 to use the bar area for the meeting.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:29 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:Different venue for the AGM, apparently the rugby club wanted £150 to use the bar area for the meeting.
Thats a pish take if true

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:30 pm

: d
Darlopartisan wrote:Different venue for the AGM, apparently the rugby club wanted £150 to use the bar area for the meeting.
Fucking leeches :x .Take the piss every way they can.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:19 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Thats a pish take if true

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
And this is why many Darlo fans are so fed up with the attitude of the rugby club.No time for them to be honest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:31 am

They are not as accommodating as they could be which in turn has created a US and them situation, thought time would help to ease the situation but doesn't seem to have worked yet more understanding from the rugby clubs hierarchy towards the football side is needed here, it's difficult to know what to do to smooth the process of being at Blackwell, but it is what it is at the moment. Hopefully it will get better.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:55 am

If true, that's a fucking joke.

Also hearing that the Rugby Club get half of the commercial money from pitch-side sponsorship & advertising boards etc.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:46 am

It's a Supporters Group AGM, rather than a DFC event - I don't think the Rugby Club are particularly out of order wanting to charge for the space.

Even if it was a DFC event, it depends what the terms of our agreement are as to what space we can use and when.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:32 am

Yet another example, that the Rugby club just see us as cash cows to keep them afloat.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:08 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Yet another example, that the Rugby club just see us as cash cows to keep them afloat.

Why should the Rugby Club give away its facilities, pay for electricty, wages etc and not expect to be paid?

The Rugby Club are a business and if they charge to hire their function rooms, that is no different to other businesses.

The Football Club or Supporters Group have no right to expect anything for free.

The attitudes on both sides are only antagonising the other side. Both sides need to stop the hostilities or the situation won't improve

Fans constantly expecting things for nothing and publically slating the Rugby club on social media will not encourage the Rugby club to act like generous or responsible hosts.

The football club only have a licence to use facilities at the rugby club on match days. The football club do not have a lease and do not have an entitlement to use facilities other than in accordance with the licence.

That said, the Rugby club don't seem to want to do anything not in the agreement to help improve relations either.

Its an engagement made in hell at present

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:44 pm

Spyman wrote:It's a Supporters Group AGM, rather than a DFC event - I don't think the Rugby Club are particularly out of order wanting to charge for the space.

Even if it was a DFC event, it depends what the terms of our agreement are as to what space we can use and when.
Not sure we’ve had to pay before, that’s the rub.

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:59 pm

And this is another reason not many are comfortable with the current arrangement. Unfortunately we need a lottery win to be able to become truly self sufficient

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:29 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Also hearing that the Rugby Club get half of the commercial money from pitch-side sponsorship & advertising boards etc.
You've heard wrong

I'm struggling to get too agitated about the rugby club (allegedly) charging for room hire. It's annoying and yet another reminder we don't have our own facilities, but the relationship between the 2 clubs is effectively we rent facilities off of them, so I'm not sure why anyone would expect this to be any different.

What's more annoying is that they won't even allow us to have a sign on the main road ffs - talk about petty

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:35 pm

al_quaker wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
You've heard wrong

I'm struggling to get too agitated about the rugby club (allegedly) charging for room hire. It's annoying and yet another reminder we don't have our own facilities, but the relationship between the 2 clubs is effectively we rent facilities off of them, so I'm not sure why anyone would expect this to be any different.

What's more annoying is that they won't even allow us to have a sign on the main road ffs - talk about petty
If you think that’s petty, they won’t even allow us to put a sign up on our new shop at the ground.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:01 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
You've heard wrong

If you think that’s petty, they won’t even allow us to put a sign up on our new shop at the ground.
:lol: seriously?! Ridiculous

divas

Post by divas » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:53 pm

Spyman wrote:It's a Supporters Group AGM, rather than a DFC event - I don't think the Rugby Club are particularly out of order wanting to charge for the space.

From a business perspective they’ll have made money on drinks even if hiring out for free. I doubt the bar is sat there tomorrow raking in the cash. The only business plan they have is to try and extort every penny possible from the football club

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
You've heard wrong

Not allowed anything permanent but you will see changes at the next home game.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:41 pm

loan_star wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
You've heard wrong

Not allowed anything permanent but you will see changes at the next home game.
I am sure what ever we come up with will be excellent, but as you know, that’s not the point .
I know we are between a rock and a hard place.
We have to start thinking long term, and as far as I can see the place to start would be the council, we need to somehow engage with them about securing a piece of land that would meet our needs, it happens in other towns/counties.
It might seem pie in the sky , but we will in all probability be bouncing this league for a while, BM is up to national League standard, so again we would probably be in that league for a few seasons .
So that’s probably 4/5 years down the line, i would hate to think we would that in 4/5 years we would be still having to deal with this sort of thing.
We are coming up to 2 years at BM , we are ok ground wise at the moment but for gods sake let’s have a long term plan our future.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:05 am

Darlopartisan - if you are a member best read the report that was emailed to you on Tuesday especially the work the infrastructure group have been doing.

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:07 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:Darlopartisan - if you are a member best read the report that was emailed to you on Tuesday especially the work the infrastructure group have been doing.
I didn't get anything

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:21 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:Darlopartisan - if you are a member best read the report that was emailed to you on Tuesday especially the work the infrastructure group have been doing.
I notice we're still looking at the pipe issue... if that issue can be resolved then structurally we're ok in terms of development, but let's be honest, that isn't really the main issue or stumbling block at BM, there are umpteen creative ways we can achieve a FL ground, be it moving the pipe, erecting a stand in front of the club house, moving the pitch... our biggest problem is we have an absolutely terrible deal with the RFC, it's designed to extort every last penny out of us and allowing us no scope to use the facilities to generate our income. Imagine being an Ann Summers rep and having a party in your rented house and the landlord taking all the profit from you... we need out of that deal as soon as possible, it should be possibly the highest priority off the field. Johnston suggested it's worthless as a legal document "not worth the paper it's printed on" were his words... so let's extricate ourselves from it and if BM is the answer then re-negotiate it, if not tell the leeches at the RFC to stick it where the sun never shines. If we can't then 20 years at this ground under this deal will be a very bad prospect for us.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:22 am

Must of missed it, I’ll have another look, thanks.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:29 am

Shawry - have you checked spam otherwise email membership secretary.
Swansquaker - did you read last paragraph of infrastructure report.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:51 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:Shawry - have you checked spam otherwise email membership secretary.
Swansquaker - did you read last paragraph of infrastructure report.
Yes, it said the following:

Moving forward, it is anticipated that the infrastructure workload will continue to be centred on meeting future Ground Grading/Football League Membership requirements at Blackwell Meadows and/or the Sporting Village negotiations.

It doesn't mention BM negotiations... it does talk about the Sporting Village negotiations, but not BM, it only mentions ground grading/FL membership issues at BM. So let's say the sports village is a no-go... nothing here mentions re-negotiating the deal at BM?