Darlington V Alfreton Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Makka Pakka
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Alfreton Match Thread

Post by Makka Pakka » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:40 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:The difference between the Alfreton game and the Altrincham game the week before, is absolutely massive. We played pretty well against Alfreton. On another day we could have won that game. I thought it was telling that at the end of the game, the team got a standing ovation from most of the fans left in the ground. Hopefully we'll get a few of our key players back for this Saturday.
Standing ovation :lol:

Had Alfreton not been leading & comfortable would the game have gone the way it did? I get the feeling we looked like we were in it because they were content to sit on their lead and not take risks. We only created 2 good chances in the game.

I don't like the line that because we were a lot better than a week earlier then that means we were good. It was a pretty ordinary performance I thought and I was quite disappointed with it.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Alfreton Match Thread

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:50 pm

An ugly, lucky 1-0 win would do on Saturday but given that they are unbeaten, second top, have scored more than us and conceded fewer than half the goals we have i fear we may have to hang on a bit longer to end this long winless home record. Just being realistic like and maybe a bit gloomy as well :(