You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:42 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:51 pm
Posts: 1028
Team Supported: Darlington
Dear Member,

Nominations for Directors of Darlington FC Supporters Group

In accordance with the constitution of Darlington FC Supporters Group (DFCSG), one third of the board members elected in 2015 are required to retire at the Annual General Meeting (although they are entitled to seek re-election should they so wish). The last of the 2015 board that are required to stand down and seek re-election are Rob Duncan, Glen Bowes and Neil Raper. In addition, during the year Tony Waters had to stand down due to work commitments. Also John Bell and Terry Black have decided to stand down as has Dave Collinge, who wishes to devote his full attention to his role as Supporters’ Liaison Officer.

The constitution of DFCSG makes provision for a board of up to twelve directors and therefore there will be vacancies for up to seven additional board members to be elected at the next AGM (this has been provisionally set for 25th October but will be subject to formal notification in due course).

With the continual need to develop the infrastructure at Blackwell Meadows and to re-connect the Club with the town, this an important time for Darlington Football Club and DFCSG. Therefore, if you feel you have the necessary skills to make a positive contribution to the operation and development of DFCSG in our role as majority shareholder of Darlington Football Club, then we would very much like to hear from you. Ideally individuals would be able devote no less than 10 hours per month, are able to develop ideas that would benefit both the Group and the Football Club and are able to work under their own steam, or as part of a group to deliver and report back at the monthly board meetings. Representatives from the Group liaise regularly with the Football Club so by being a DFCSG board member you can really influence the direction of the Club.

Anyone wishing to put themselves forward as a Director of DFCSG would need to submit their details on the attached nomination form and return to the address below or email to [/webmail/compose?to[]=membership@darlingtonfc.org]membership@darlingtonfc.org to be received by Friday 28th September 2018 at the latest. The pdf form is editable but to return it by email you would need to print out the completed form, have it signed by your nominators and then email the scanned signed form. If there are more than seven nominations there will be a ballot at the Annual General Meeting.

If you wish to know more about what the role entails please contact me at [/webmail/compose?to[]=chris.stockdale@dfcsg.co.uk]chris.stockdale@dfcsg.co.uk or come and talk to us at the fans table at tSaturday's home match.
​Yours sincerely,​


Chris Stockdale

Chair
Darlington FC Supporters Group

OUR CLUB - OUR FUTURE - OUR CHOICE


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:29 am
Posts: 4
Team Supported: Darlington
The DFCSG need people to actually assist and do stuff on match days to spread the work load


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:39 pm
Posts: 980
Team Supported: Darlington
Sadly but being based in Milton Keynes and having a full time job i cant volunteer as i couldn't commit the time needed. :(

It is really important that people who are in a position to volunteer come forward to support the future of our club .

Big thanks to anyone who does


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Posts: 1467
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlington FC Supporters Group

OUR CLUB - OUR FUTURE - OUR CHOICE












DFCSG AGM - Thursday 25th October
Dear Member,

Set out below is an updated agenda for the DFCSG AGM on Thursday.

If you click on the link below, you can download the draft DFCSG accounts that will be put before the meeting: https://dfcsg.co.uk/61fabe49/draft-2018-accounts.pdf

If you are attending the AGM, there will be a limited supply of copies of the accounts available. So if you have access to a printer, it would help matters if you could bring your own copy with you. Alternatively, you could download the accounts and view them on your tablet.

Please bring your membership card, we intend to use a scanner to simplify registration, but if you forget, don’t worry you will still get in.

Darlington FC Supporters Group
Annual General Meeting
Thursday 25th October 2018, 7.45pm
DSRM Social Club, Longfield Road, Darlington DL3 0HX

Meeting Agenda 1.Apologies for Absence
2.Introduction by the Chair
3.Appointment of Directors
4.Secretary’s Report
5.Presentation of Accounts
6.Application of Surplus
7.Appointment of Independent Examiners a.Disapplication to appoint auditors

8.Resolutions for Darlington Football Club AGM a.Reappointment of DFCSG as Corporate Director

9.Any Other Business
Following the closure of formal business, Craig Morley, Darlington FC’s new Commercial Manager will be in attendance for an informal Q & A session.
Yours sincerely,

Chris Stockdale
DFCSG Chair

_________________
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Posts: 371
Team Supported: Darlington
Different venue for the AGM, apparently the rugby club wanted £150 to use the bar area for the meeting.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 2399
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlopartisan wrote:
Different venue for the AGM, apparently the rugby club wanted £150 to use the bar area for the meeting.

Thats a pish take if true

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Posts: 514
Team Supported: Darlington
: d
Darlopartisan wrote:
Different venue for the AGM, apparently the rugby club wanted £150 to use the bar area for the meeting.

Fucking leeches :x .Take the piss every way they can.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Posts: 58
Team Supported: Darlington
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:
Different venue for the AGM, apparently the rugby club wanted £150 to use the bar area for the meeting.

Thats a pish take if true

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


And this is why many Darlo fans are so fed up with the attitude of the rugby club.No time for them to be honest.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Posts: 1393
Team Supported: Darlington
They are not as accommodating as they could be which in turn has created a US and them situation, thought time would help to ease the situation but doesn't seem to have worked yet more understanding from the rugby clubs hierarchy towards the football side is needed here, it's difficult to know what to do to smooth the process of being at Blackwell, but it is what it is at the moment. Hopefully it will get better.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 11116
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlopartisan wrote:
Different venue for the AGM, apparently the rugby club wanted £150 to use the bar area for the meeting.

If true, that's a fucking joke.

Also hearing that the Rugby Club get half of the commercial money from pitch-side sponsorship & advertising boards etc.

_________________
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLWWDDD


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11464
Team Supported: Darlington
It's a Supporters Group AGM, rather than a DFC event - I don't think the Rugby Club are particularly out of order wanting to charge for the space.

Even if it was a DFC event, it depends what the terms of our agreement are as to what space we can use and when.

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 11007
Team Supported: Darlington
Yet another example, that the Rugby club just see us as cash cows to keep them afloat.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1281
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Yet another example, that the Rugby club just see us as cash cows to keep them afloat.



Why should the Rugby Club give away its facilities, pay for electricty, wages etc and not expect to be paid?

The Rugby Club are a business and if they charge to hire their function rooms, that is no different to other businesses.

The Football Club or Supporters Group have no right to expect anything for free.

The attitudes on both sides are only antagonising the other side. Both sides need to stop the hostilities or the situation won't improve

Fans constantly expecting things for nothing and publically slating the Rugby club on social media will not encourage the Rugby club to act like generous or responsible hosts.

The football club only have a licence to use facilities at the rugby club on match days. The football club do not have a lease and do not have an entitlement to use facilities other than in accordance with the licence.

That said, the Rugby club don't seem to want to do anything not in the agreement to help improve relations either.

Its an engagement made in hell at present

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Posts: 371
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
It's a Supporters Group AGM, rather than a DFC event - I don't think the Rugby Club are particularly out of order wanting to charge for the space.

Even if it was a DFC event, it depends what the terms of our agreement are as to what space we can use and when.


Not sure we’ve had to pay before, that’s the rub.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 2520
Team Supported: Darlington
And this is another reason not many are comfortable with the current arrangement. Unfortunately we need a lottery win to be able to become truly self sufficient

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:29 pm 
Online

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5053
Team Supported: Darlington
AndyPark wrote:

Also hearing that the Rugby Club get half of the commercial money from pitch-side sponsorship & advertising boards etc.

You've heard wrong

I'm struggling to get too agitated about the rugby club (allegedly) charging for room hire. It's annoying and yet another reminder we don't have our own facilities, but the relationship between the 2 clubs is effectively we rent facilities off of them, so I'm not sure why anyone would expect this to be any different.

What's more annoying is that they won't even allow us to have a sign on the main road ffs - talk about petty

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Posts: 371
Team Supported: Darlington
al_quaker wrote:
AndyPark wrote:

Also hearing that the Rugby Club get half of the commercial money from pitch-side sponsorship & advertising boards etc.

You've heard wrong

I'm struggling to get too agitated about the rugby club (allegedly) charging for room hire. It's annoying and yet another reminder we don't have our own facilities, but the relationship between the 2 clubs is effectively we rent facilities off of them, so I'm not sure why anyone would expect this to be any different.

What's more annoying is that they won't even allow us to have a sign on the main road ffs - talk about petty


If you think that’s petty, they won’t even allow us to put a sign up on our new shop at the ground.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:01 pm 
Online

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5053
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlopartisan wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
AndyPark wrote:

Also hearing that the Rugby Club get half of the commercial money from pitch-side sponsorship & advertising boards etc.

You've heard wrong

I'm struggling to get too agitated about the rugby club (allegedly) charging for room hire. It's annoying and yet another reminder we don't have our own facilities, but the relationship between the 2 clubs is effectively we rent facilities off of them, so I'm not sure why anyone would expect this to be any different.

What's more annoying is that they won't even allow us to have a sign on the main road ffs - talk about petty


If you think that’s petty, they won’t even allow us to put a sign up on our new shop at the ground.

:lol: seriously?! Ridiculous

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12496
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
It's a Supporters Group AGM, rather than a DFC event - I don't think the Rugby Club are particularly out of order wanting to charge for the space.

Even if it was a DFC event, it depends what the terms of our agreement are as to what space we can use and when.


From a business perspective they’ll have made money on drinks even if hiring out for free. I doubt the bar is sat there tomorrow raking in the cash. The only business plan they have is to try and extort every penny possible from the football club


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5746
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlopartisan wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
AndyPark wrote:

Also hearing that the Rugby Club get half of the commercial money from pitch-side sponsorship & advertising boards etc.

You've heard wrong

I'm struggling to get too agitated about the rugby club (allegedly) charging for room hire. It's annoying and yet another reminder we don't have our own facilities, but the relationship between the 2 clubs is effectively we rent facilities off of them, so I'm not sure why anyone would expect this to be any different.

What's more annoying is that they won't even allow us to have a sign on the main road ffs - talk about petty


If you think that’s petty, they won’t even allow us to put a sign up on our new shop at the ground.


Not allowed anything permanent but you will see changes at the next home game.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Posts: 371
Team Supported: Darlington
loan_star wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
AndyPark wrote:

Also hearing that the Rugby Club get half of the commercial money from pitch-side sponsorship & advertising boards etc.

You've heard wrong

I'm struggling to get too agitated about the rugby club (allegedly) charging for room hire. It's annoying and yet another reminder we don't have our own facilities, but the relationship between the 2 clubs is effectively we rent facilities off of them, so I'm not sure why anyone would expect this to be any different.

What's more annoying is that they won't even allow us to have a sign on the main road ffs - talk about petty




If you think that’s petty, they won’t even allow us to put a sign up on our new shop at the ground.


Not allowed anything permanent but you will see changes at the next home game.


I am sure what ever we come up with will be excellent, but as you know, that’s not the point .
I know we are between a rock and a hard place.
We have to start thinking long term, and as far as I can see the place to start would be the council, we need to somehow engage with them about securing a piece of land that would meet our needs, it happens in other towns/counties.
It might seem pie in the sky , but we will in all probability be bouncing this league for a while, BM is up to national League standard, so again we would probably be in that league for a few seasons .
So that’s probably 4/5 years down the line, i would hate to think we would that in 4/5 years we would be still having to deal with this sort of thing.
We are coming up to 2 years at BM , we are ok ground wise at the moment but for gods sake let’s have a long term plan our future.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:40 pm
Posts: 674
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlopartisan - if you are a member best read the report that was emailed to you on Tuesday especially the work the infrastructure group have been doing.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 2520
Team Supported: Darlington
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Darlopartisan - if you are a member best read the report that was emailed to you on Tuesday especially the work the infrastructure group have been doing.
I didn't get anything

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:46 pm
Posts: 636
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Darlopartisan - if you are a member best read the report that was emailed to you on Tuesday especially the work the infrastructure group have been doing.


I notice we're still looking at the pipe issue... if that issue can be resolved then structurally we're ok in terms of development, but let's be honest, that isn't really the main issue or stumbling block at BM, there are umpteen creative ways we can achieve a FL ground, be it moving the pipe, erecting a stand in front of the club house, moving the pitch... our biggest problem is we have an absolutely terrible deal with the RFC, it's designed to extort every last penny out of us and allowing us no scope to use the facilities to generate our income. Imagine being an Ann Summers rep and having a party in your rented house and the landlord taking all the profit from you... we need out of that deal as soon as possible, it should be possibly the highest priority off the field. Johnston suggested it's worthless as a legal document "not worth the paper it's printed on" were his words... so let's extricate ourselves from it and if BM is the answer then re-negotiate it, if not tell the leeches at the RFC to stick it where the sun never shines. If we can't then 20 years at this ground under this deal will be a very bad prospect for us.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Posts: 371
Team Supported: Darlington
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Darlopartisan - if you are a member best read the report that was emailed to you on Tuesday especially the work the infrastructure group have been doing.


Must of missed it, I’ll have another look, thanks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:40 pm
Posts: 674
Team Supported: Darlington
Shawry - have you checked spam otherwise email membership secretary.
Swansquaker - did you read last paragraph of infrastructure report.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:46 pm
Posts: 636
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Shawry - have you checked spam otherwise email membership secretary.
Swansquaker - did you read last paragraph of infrastructure report.


Yes, it said the following:

Moving forward, it is anticipated that the infrastructure workload will continue to be centred on meeting future Ground Grading/Football League Membership requirements at Blackwell Meadows and/or the Sporting Village negotiations.

It doesn't mention BM negotiations... it does talk about the Sporting Village negotiations, but not BM, it only mentions ground grading/FL membership issues at BM. So let's say the sports village is a no-go... nothing here mentions re-negotiating the deal at BM?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: al_quaker, Google [Bot] and 35 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group