You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:41 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 4176
Team Supported: Darlington
shawry wrote:
I don't see what's wrong with how the caton saga has been done, it's fairly normal to transfer list players and make them available telling them they aren't in his plans.

Also not sure about TW alienating players, it could well be sour grapes about getting less game time/released as Saunders, Thompson, Galbraith seem relatively happy?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk


Do they? Wish they would play as if they are relatively happy on the pitch.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Posts: 137
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
The off-field issues are another thing that are starting to grate. Clearly there's been a big bust-up with Collins and we are therefore without the services of someone who can play at centre-back and full-back when we are running with a small squad. It needs to be sorted ASAP but just seems to be dragging on so meanwhile we pay for the services of someone who is clearly no longer part of the picture when we are often down to the bare bones and have 16-year-olds on the bench. Is there no room for compromise and common sense to be brought into this? We can't afford to have situations like this just left to rumble on week after week. A personal bust-up and the club suffers.



Collins is fucking shite so it makes no difference if he is in the squad or not.

I imagine the bust up will be about TW thinking he's shite and a liability who costs us goals on the very rare occasions that he's "fit" - and Collins disagreeing with that assessment.

_________________
TAFKAQ

@1883Of


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3596
Team Supported: Darlington
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Collins is fucking shite so it makes no difference if he is in the squad or not.



That's the spirit -Ghost!

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 pm
Posts: 39
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County
I never thought that MG was employed to be nice to the fans, rather to get Darlington re-started. Which he did. TW might be a nice bloke but I agree with the recent point that if he'd been in charge back then we'd never have left the Northern League. Gray took us to the play-offs in our first season in this league - there should be no question about his ability.
He was daft to go to York, they've always been a difficult club to manage. They seem to see themselves as a non-league Newcastle United. It wasn't Gray who started up that crazy seating war and I don't blame him for kicking up.
It's time to forgive and forget and get him back. It's bad having a manager like Wright who gets ridiculously inconsistent performances from his team. You might enjoy a cup of tea and natter with TW more than with Mr Grey but we're looking at football managers. We know Martin can do it and I think the jury's about to come in on Tommy. He's been living on goodwill for too long, some of the stuff he's served up this season has been pretty bad. Why can't a team that plays well against Telford sag so badly afterwards. That has to be the managements fault and I wouldn't miss a bully boy like Alan White either.
So, let's see some relationship counselling for the club and MG. Failing that what's Jim Platt doing these days ?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Posts: 534
Team Supported: Darlington
Wiseacre wrote:
I never thought that MG was employed to be nice to the fans, rather to get Darlington re-started. Which he did. TW might be a nice bloke but I agree with the recent point that if he'd been in charge back then we'd never have left the Northern League. Gray took us to the play-offs in our first season in this league - there should be no question about his ability.
He was daft to go to York, they've always been a difficult club to manage. They seem to see themselves as a non-league Newcastle United. It wasn't Gray who started up that crazy seating war and I don't blame him for kicking up.
It's time to forgive and forget and get him back. It's bad having a manager like Wright who gets ridiculously inconsistent performances from his team. You might enjoy a cup of tea and natter with TW more than with Mr Grey but we're looking at football managers. We know Martin can do it and I think the jury's about to come in on Tommy. He's been living on goodwill for too long, some of the stuff he's served up this season has been pretty bad. Why can't a team that plays well against Telford sag so badly afterwards. That has to be the managements fault and I wouldn't miss a bully boy like Alan White either.
So, let's see some relationship counselling for the club and MG. Failing that what's Jim Platt doing these days ?

I think it’s you that needs the counselling.Gray can’t manage without shitloads of money .In fact Gray can’t manage WITH shitloads of money as proved by his time at York.No one would deny what he achieved here but he had us on the bones of our arse while doing it and has bad mouthed us on several occasions since he left.
Absolutely no way would or should he ever darken our door again .


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 11164
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
Wouldn't see me at another Darlo game if MG ever did come back. Sure I wouldn't be the only 1.

_________________
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLWWDDDDLLLL


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3596
Team Supported: Darlington
Wiseacre wrote:
It wasn't Gray who started up that crazy seating war


..... But he was proud to go and do his patriotic chore
And yes it's true that he's not the man he used to be
Oh, Gray
Don't take your love to town

..... Kenny Rogers

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 pm
Posts: 543
Location: Hereford
Team Supported: Darlington
AndyPark wrote:
Wouldn't see me at another Darlo game if MG ever did come back. Sure I wouldn't be the only 1.

Make that 2.
Wiseacre's 1st post, "bring Gray back", I smell a chimp choker


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 2419
Team Supported: Darlington
We wouldn't have a club if Gray came back in that case..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 11104
Team Supported: Darlington
banktopp wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Wouldn't see me at another Darlo game if MG ever did come back. Sure I wouldn't be the only 1.

Make that 2.
Wiseacre's 1st post, "bring Gray back", I smell a chimp choker


I'd be the same, I'd go to BM and protest outside.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Posts: 46
Team Supported: Darlington
The issue of the training and all the travelling our non-NE based players are enduring is an interesting one. Back in the day, the echo used to report that Cyril Knowles would have the players report for training at 7am on Sunday mornings after particularly poor performances.

I'm guessing this isn't an option open to Tommy with the squad spread over the UK as it is?

I believe York trained last Sunday because they had the midweek game at Nuneaton. Not doing them much good though is it :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 2543
Team Supported: Darlington
Quaker85 wrote:
The issue of the training and all the travelling our non-NE based players are enduring is an interesting one. Back in the day, the echo used to report that Cyril Knowles would have the players report for training at 7am on Sunday mornings after particularly poor performances.

I'm guessing this isn't an option open to Tommy with the squad spread over the UK as it is?

I believe York trained last Sunday because they had the midweek game at Nuneaton. Not doing them much good though is it [emoji38]
It's not a possible because we are part time, not because our players live outside the area

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1270
Team Supported: Darlington
Didn't we have a previous poster who "supported"Darlo and Notts County? Who did you support when we were in the same division? He's fishing.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 1185
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
banktopp wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Wouldn't see me at another Darlo game if MG ever did come back. Sure I wouldn't be the only 1.

Make that 2.
Wiseacre's 1st post, "bring Gray back", I smell a chimp choker


I'd be the same, I'd go to BM and protest outside.


Literally, we cannot afford to have MG back at any price. Give TW some time, then if it isn't working, he would recognise this and do the honourable thing by resigning. Until then, fans have to be behind him and the club 100%


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 pm
Posts: 39
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County
I promise no more Martin after this. I think counselling can help though; over 50 years of following Quakers led me to it. My first Feethams memory is of Bobby Cummings heading us to promotion against Luton Town and my last is Neil Wainwright bringing us level from 2-0 down in the last match there. I see Notts as I live down here now but it's not the real thing - it's Darlo forever for me. That's why I've got a bee in my wooly hat about MG - he made us win, but living away from the town I never absorbed the bad stuff from him at Fans Forums and so forth. I can see it's beyond repair with him and maybe we need to be realistic and settle for some seasons of consolidation and slower but sustainable growth. We must stay up first and I don't believe TW can swing it, if he hasn't turned things round now will he ever? As for his fragrant assistant, the awful defence must be down to him. White was an effective if impulsive defender but I can't imagine what he tells our lot. Also, are they fit enough ? If possible some local players would help. I think whichever way you look at it the club is being poorly managed. If they can do it in training why does it go wrong in a game - what's Styche's loss of form about - and most of all, when he can get them to play why does it turn brown again next game ? If we do get another performance and result at FC he can't say 'our season starts here' and if we don't the pair of them should resign.


Report this post
Top


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group