Darlington v Stockport

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, botrash, charlie, uncovered

Darlogramps
Posts: 4461
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Stockport

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:14 pm

shawry wrote:I don't see what's wrong with how the caton saga has been done, it's fairly normal to transfer list players and make them available telling them they aren't in his plans.

Also not sure about TW alienating players, it could well be sour grapes about getting less game time/released as Saunders, Thompson, Galbraith seem relatively happy?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Do they? Wish they would play as if they are relatively happy on the pitch.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Stockport

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:44 pm

LoidLucan wrote:The off-field issues are another thing that are starting to grate. Clearly there's been a big bust-up with Collins and we are therefore without the services of someone who can play at centre-back and full-back when we are running with a small squad. It needs to be sorted ASAP but just seems to be dragging on so meanwhile we pay for the services of someone who is clearly no longer part of the picture when we are often down to the bare bones and have 16-year-olds on the bench. Is there no room for compromise and common sense to be brought into this? We can't afford to have situations like this just left to rumble on week after week. A personal bust-up and the club suffers.
Collins is fucking shite so it makes no difference if he is in the squad or not.

I imagine the bust up will be about TW thinking he's shite and a liability who costs us goals on the very rare occasions that he's "fit" - and Collins disagreeing with that assessment.
TAFKAQ

@1883Of

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 3823
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Stockport

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:14 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:Collins is fucking shite so it makes no difference if he is in the squad or not.

That's the spirit -Ghost!
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Wiseacre
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Re: Darlington v Stockport

Post by Wiseacre » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:09 pm

I never thought that MG was employed to be nice to the fans, rather to get Darlington re-started. Which he did. TW might be a nice bloke but I agree with the recent point that if he'd been in charge back then we'd never have left the Northern League. Gray took us to the play-offs in our first season in this league - there should be no question about his ability.
He was daft to go to York, they've always been a difficult club to manage. They seem to see themselves as a non-league Newcastle United. It wasn't Gray who started up that crazy seating war and I don't blame him for kicking up.
It's time to forgive and forget and get him back. It's bad having a manager like Wright who gets ridiculously inconsistent performances from his team. You might enjoy a cup of tea and natter with TW more than with Mr Grey but we're looking at football managers. We know Martin can do it and I think the jury's about to come in on Tommy. He's been living on goodwill for too long, some of the stuff he's served up this season has been pretty bad. Why can't a team that plays well against Telford sag so badly afterwards. That has to be the managements fault and I wouldn't miss a bully boy like Alan White either.
So, let's see some relationship counselling for the club and MG. Failing that what's Jim Platt doing these days ?

Emdubya
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Stockport

Post by Emdubya » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Wiseacre wrote:I never thought that MG was employed to be nice to the fans, rather to get Darlington re-started. Which he did. TW might be a nice bloke but I agree with the recent point that if he'd been in charge back then we'd never have left the Northern League. Gray took us to the play-offs in our first season in this league - there should be no question about his ability.
He was daft to go to York, they've always been a difficult club to manage. They seem to see themselves as a non-league Newcastle United. It wasn't Gray who started up that crazy seating war and I don't blame him for kicking up.
It's time to forgive and forget and get him back. It's bad having a manager like Wright who gets ridiculously inconsistent performances from his team. You might enjoy a cup of tea and natter with TW more than with Mr Grey but we're looking at football managers. We know Martin can do it and I think the jury's about to come in on Tommy. He's been living on goodwill for too long, some of the stuff he's served up this season has been pretty bad. Why can't a team that plays well against Telford sag so badly afterwards. That has to be the managements fault and I wouldn't miss a bully boy like Alan White either.
So, let's see some relationship counselling for the club and MG. Failing that what's Jim Platt doing these days ?
I think it’s you that needs the counselling.Gray can’t manage without shitloads of money .In fact Gray can’t manage WITH shitloads of money as proved by his time at York.No one would deny what he achieved here but he had us on the bones of our arse while doing it and has bad mouthed us on several occasions since he left.
Absolutely no way would or should he ever darken our door again .

AndyPark
Posts: 11391
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Stockport

Post by AndyPark » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:44 pm

Wouldn't see me at another Darlo game if MG ever did come back. Sure I wouldn't be the only 1.
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLWWWDDDDLLLLWDWWLWDLLDWDLDLLWLLWWWLD

*includes all cup games*

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 3823
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Stockport

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:11 pm

Wiseacre wrote:It wasn't Gray who started up that crazy seating war
..... But he was proud to go and do his patriotic chore
And yes it's true that he's not the man he used to be
Oh, Gray
Don't take your love to town

..... Kenny Rogers
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

banktopp
Posts: 597
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Hereford

Re: Darlington v Stockport

Post by banktopp » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:52 pm

AndyPark wrote:Wouldn't see me at another Darlo game if MG ever did come back. Sure I wouldn't be the only 1.
Make that 2.
Wiseacre's 1st post, "bring Gray back", I smell a chimp choker

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 2653
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Stockport

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:21 pm

We wouldn't have a club if Gray came back in that case..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11642
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Stockport

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:42 pm

banktopp wrote:
AndyPark wrote:Wouldn't see me at another Darlo game if MG ever did come back. Sure I wouldn't be the only 1.
Make that 2.
Wiseacre's 1st post, "bring Gray back", I smell a chimp choker
I'd be the same, I'd go to BM and protest outside.

Quaker85
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Stockport

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 am

The issue of the training and all the travelling our non-NE based players are enduring is an interesting one. Back in the day, the echo used to report that Cyril Knowles would have the players report for training at 7am on Sunday mornings after particularly poor performances.

I'm guessing this isn't an option open to Tommy with the squad spread over the UK as it is?

I believe York trained last Sunday because they had the midweek game at Nuneaton. Not doing them much good though is it :lol:

shawry
Posts: 2575
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Stockport

Post by shawry » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:09 am

Quaker85 wrote:The issue of the training and all the travelling our non-NE based players are enduring is an interesting one. Back in the day, the echo used to report that Cyril Knowles would have the players report for training at 7am on Sunday mornings after particularly poor performances.

I'm guessing this isn't an option open to Tommy with the squad spread over the UK as it is?

I believe York trained last Sunday because they had the midweek game at Nuneaton. Not doing them much good though is it Image
It's not a possible because we are part time, not because our players live outside the area

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Stockport

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:10 am

Didn't we have a previous poster who "supported"Darlo and Notts County? Who did you support when we were in the same division? He's fishing.....

jjljks
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Stockport

Post by jjljks » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:42 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
banktopp wrote:
AndyPark wrote:Wouldn't see me at another Darlo game if MG ever did come back. Sure I wouldn't be the only 1.
Make that 2.
Wiseacre's 1st post, "bring Gray back", I smell a chimp choker
I'd be the same, I'd go to BM and protest outside.
Literally, we cannot afford to have MG back at any price. Give TW some time, then if it isn't working, he would recognise this and do the honourable thing by resigning. Until then, fans have to be behind him and the club 100%

Wiseacre
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Re: Darlington v Stockport

Post by Wiseacre » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:05 pm

I promise no more Martin after this. I think counselling can help though; over 50 years of following Quakers led me to it. My first Feethams memory is of Bobby Cummings heading us to promotion against Luton Town and my last is Neil Wainwright bringing us level from 2-0 down in the last match there. I see Notts as I live down here now but it's not the real thing - it's Darlo forever for me. That's why I've got a bee in my wooly hat about MG - he made us win, but living away from the town I never absorbed the bad stuff from him at Fans Forums and so forth. I can see it's beyond repair with him and maybe we need to be realistic and settle for some seasons of consolidation and slower but sustainable growth. We must stay up first and I don't believe TW can swing it, if he hasn't turned things round now will he ever? As for his fragrant assistant, the awful defence must be down to him. White was an effective if impulsive defender but I can't imagine what he tells our lot. Also, are they fit enough ? If possible some local players would help. I think whichever way you look at it the club is being poorly managed. If they can do it in training why does it go wrong in a game - what's Styche's loss of form about - and most of all, when he can get them to play why does it turn brown again next game ? If we do get another performance and result at FC he can't say 'our season starts here' and if we don't the pair of them should resign.


Report this post
Top

Post Reply