You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:31 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Nuneaton on the brink...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2483
Team Supported: Darlington
It's looking like they could well go under.... what a mess. I don't want to be cruel but would that mean only two clubs would get relegated?

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/the-club-needs-help-says-2060657


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1374
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
It's looking like they could well go under.... what a mess. I don't want to be cruel but would that mean only two clubs would get relegated?

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/the-club-needs-help-says-2060657



Come on, this is the FA we are talking about. They would probably think fit to relegate 4 teams and promote a team from the South Coast to NLN!

Trying to second guess the FA is like trying to nail jelly to the ceiling

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Posts: 569
Team Supported: Darlington
I presume this means we'll be getting some more players.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 11275
Team Supported: Darlington
Yarblockos wrote:
I presume this means we'll be getting some more players.


I very much doubt they are any worth having.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Posts: 1852
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:
I presume this means we'll be getting some more players.


I very much doubt they are any worth having.


There's a punchline to this that I feel everybody can come to by themselves.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Posts: 451
Team Supported: Darlington
They play York tonight, if they win we will be in the bottom 3.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Newton Aycliffe
Team Supported: Darlington
Currently we are heading for the bottom 3. :thumbdown:

_________________
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 1242
Team Supported: Darlington
Finished 2-2 so ok for at least 2 weeks


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2483
Team Supported: Darlington
Apparently they played with spirit, passion and desire and should have won last night. s***, they were one of my very, very few bankers to finish below us,


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 11275
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
Apparently they played with spirit, passion and desire and should have won last night. s***, they were one of my very, very few bankers to finish below us,


They were probably playing like that, hopefully to get a contract somewhere else! :roll:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2483
Team Supported: Darlington
They need people to come forward to save the club in the next seven to ten days or it could be shut down. They supposedly have a monthly shortfall of £17,000 to £19,000 and need people to form a board and put together financial budgets and meet the club's obligations otherwise it's curtains.
I'm sure Port Vale owner Norman Smurthwaite, who bought the ground and is a property developer, will find alternative uses for his asset should the worst happen to the club.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Posts: 1852
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
They need people to come forward to save the club in the next seven to ten days or it could be shut down. They supposedly have a monthly shortfall of £17,000 to £19,000 and need people to form a board and put together financial budgets and meet the club's obligations otherwise it's curtains.
I'm sure Port Vale owner Norman Smurthwaite, who bought the ground and is a property developer, will find alternative uses for his asset should the worst happen to the club.


That is a massive shortfall.

Don't they share a ground with the local rugby club, re. The question of what happens to the stadium?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2483
Team Supported: Darlington
The monthly players budget is £25,000.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Posts: 408
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
The monthly players budget is £25,000.

Are they p/t? If so, I'm not surprised they're in the clarts because that's a ridiculous amount of money.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 11275
Team Supported: Darlington
biccynana wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
The monthly players budget is £25,000.

Are they p/t? If so, I'm not surprised they're in the clarts because that's a ridiculous amount of money.


They were full-time last season, with a squad of cheap youngsters. I haven't heard that they have gone part-time and that perhaps explains there terrible shortfall each week.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Posts: 218
Team Supported: Darlington
biccynana wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
The monthly players budget is £25,000.

Are they p/t? If so, I'm not surprised they're in the clarts because that's a ridiculous amount of money.


They're supposedly F/T but I don't think that they ever truly were fully full time. I think at best they were training 3 times a week during the day, instead of the traditional 2 nights a week.

I vaguely recall Tommy alluding to this when asked why he would swap a full time club for a part time one. Also, I can't remember where I heard it but I was under the impression last season that their budget was around 250k.

You couldn't even run a decent F/T squad on 25k a month. 18 players at an average £1388 a month each? In reality more like £1250 each on average (gross not take home) because the club would have to also pay employers national insurance.

As a P/T budget it's a good budget, but ridiculous, no. Our budget is similar - around 250k paid over between 9 and 10 months.

_________________
TAFKAQ

@1883Of


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2483
Team Supported: Darlington
Nuneaton are very close to admin now. Owner has just quit after three months in charge, players not being paid on time, £30,000 HMRC bill is due and they say they need ten investors to pledge £10,000 a season on a rolling basis, taking 10% of the shares each, and that will allow them to get them through to the end of the season. Us, Curzon Ashton and FCUM are the only clubs they have beaten this season (how the feck did we manage that?). There would be a lot of clubs losing points if they can't complete the season. I'm sure the league will want to avoid that if they can as they have just 13 games left to play.

Desperate times at the club.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1374
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
Nuneaton are very close to admin now. Owner has just quit after three months in charge, players not being paid on time, £30,000 HMRC bill is due and they say they need ten investors to pledge £10,000 a season on a rolling basis, taking 10% of the shares each, and that will allow them to get them through to the end of the season. Us, Curzon Ashton and FCUM are the only clubs they have beaten this season (how the feck did we manage that?). There would be a lot of clubs losing points if they can't complete the season. I'm sure the league will want to avoid that if they can as they have just 13 games left to play.

Desperate times at the club.



Can't remember the details of the rules, but there is a point in season when record is not expunged and all future games are awarded to opposition as 0-0 wins - ie 3 pts awarded but goal difference not changed!

This approach follows the rulings in the court litigation after Spennymoor United went out of business near the end of a season and expunging records had one effect on promotion and play offs and awarding wins to opposition had a very different effect


Whatever, its sad to see a professional football club in Nuneaton struggling again to exist

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 165
Location: Chesterfield
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
spen666 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
Nuneaton are very close to admin now. Owner has just quit after three months in charge, players not being paid on time, £30,000 HMRC bill is due and they say they need ten investors to pledge £10,000 a season on a rolling basis, taking 10% of the shares each, and that will allow them to get them through to the end of the season. Us, Curzon Ashton and FCUM are the only clubs they have beaten this season (how the feck did we manage that?). There would be a lot of clubs losing points if they can't complete the season. I'm sure the league will want to avoid that if they can as they have just 13 games left to play.

Desperate times at the club.



Can't remember the details of the rules, but there is a point in season when record is not expunged and all future games are awarded to opposition as 0-0 wins - ie 3 pts awarded but goal difference not changed!

This approach follows the rulings in the court litigation after Spennymoor United went out of business near the end of a season and expunging records had one effect on promotion and play offs and awarding wins to opposition had a very different effect


Whatever, its sad to see a professional football club in Nuneaton struggling again to exist

Think its after march when clubs would be awarded a 3-0 win by default who had yet to play them. Seems a while since a club at that level went bust during season so not sure what happened last time

_________________
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1374
Team Supported: Darlington
shildonlad wrote:
spen666 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
Nuneaton are very close to admin now. Owner has just quit after three months in charge, players not being paid on time, £30,000 HMRC bill is due and they say they need ten investors to pledge £10,000 a season on a rolling basis, taking 10% of the shares each, and that will allow them to get them through to the end of the season. Us, Curzon Ashton and FCUM are the only clubs they have beaten this season (how the feck did we manage that?). There would be a lot of clubs losing points if they can't complete the season. I'm sure the league will want to avoid that if they can as they have just 13 games left to play.

Desperate times at the club.



Can't remember the details of the rules, but there is a point in season when record is not expunged and all future games are awarded to opposition as 0-0 wins - ie 3 pts awarded but goal difference not changed!

This approach follows the rulings in the court litigation after Spennymoor United went out of business near the end of a season and expunging records had one effect on promotion and play offs and awarding wins to opposition had a very different effect


Whatever, its sad to see a professional football club in Nuneaton struggling again to exist

Think its after march when clubs would be awarded a 3-0 win by default who had yet to play them. Seems a while since a club at that level went bust during season so not sure what happened last time



In a discussion regarding another club on the late Tony Kempster's Website the following was stated
Quote:
If they've played more than 75% of their fixtures (They need to fulfill another 4 games to meet that percentage) then i believe "The Spennymoor Rule" would apply, meaning that their record would be kept and any future opponents would be automatically awarded 3-0 victories

If not then their records will be expunged

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum ... ASC;mh=25;

I can't vouch this is correct, but it would seem to make sense ie 75%

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 10:43 am
Posts: 116
Team Supported: Darlington
Expunged would suit us well. Anything to dull the memory of that dire mid-week game against Nuneaton.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:29 pm
Posts: 248
Team Supported: Darlington
dsr wrote:
Expunged would suit us well. Anything to dull the memory of that dire mid-week game against Nuneaton.



It was a saturday


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Posts: 103
Team Supported: Darlington
A game that will live in infamy [emoji15]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Posts: 152
Team Supported: Darlington
From @nbfcupdates on Twitter, Saturday's game 'should' be fine, which is alarming to hear. If Saturday's game isn't confirmed on yet, they may not even get into March


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 10:43 am
Posts: 116
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo Since 68 wrote:
It was a saturday


Of course. Perhaps my memory is fading, as well as (thankfully) my memory of the game.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 1271
Team Supported: Darlington
Quaker85 wrote:
A game that will live in infamy [emoji15]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Infamy! Infamy? They've all got it in for me (another fine Carry On).

There is something basically wrong and rotten with football and as the old adage says, a fish rots from the head down. FA needs to make sure that grassroots clubs get more of a share of the money generated at the top level. Until this happens, more local clubs will cease to operate and future generations will lose opportunities and interest in the game. Very sad.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Posts: 886
Team Supported: Darlington
Non league football is a huge part of the culture of football in this country. It is relatively unique, and is part of our heritage. It should be protected.

Here's hoping Nuneaton pull through.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3657
Team Supported: Darlington
jjljks wrote:
Quaker85 wrote:
A game that will live in infamy [emoji15]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Infamy! Infamy? They've all got it in for me (another fine Carry On).

There is something basically wrong and rotten with football and as the old adage says, a fish rots from the head down. FA needs to make sure that grassroots clubs get more of a share of the money generated at the top level. Until this happens, more local clubs will cease to operate and future generations will lose opportunities and interest in the game. Very sad.


It is sad when any club gets into difficulty, but if the FA were to pump more money downwards the same issues would still happen to the same clubs.

Every club needs trustworthy, capable people in charge to keep the financial side of things in check. We have learnt this the hard way, and in fact are still learning this the hard way.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 165
Location: Chesterfield
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
The fa will probably get the blame but when folk are running these clubs into the deck what are they supposed to do, hoy money into a blackhole?

_________________
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
jjljks wrote:
Quaker85 wrote:
A game that will live in infamy [emoji15]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Infamy! Infamy? They've all got it in for me (another fine Carry On).

There is something basically wrong and rotten with football and as the old adage says, a fish rots from the head down. FA needs to make sure that grassroots clubs get more of a share of the money generated at the top level. Until this happens, more local clubs will cease to operate and future generations will lose opportunities and interest in the game. Very sad.


This is not grass roots.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 45 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group