Management

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Management Team

Stick with TW & AW & see it come good.
69%
Get rid & act fast to save the season.
31%

Total votes: 65

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Management

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:00 pm

shawry wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Not quite sure why you're trying to deflect the discussion to being about me. It's a tactic you deploy repeatedly when you've got nothing left to say. I've kept it on topic and been polite.

Everyone can see your "We can't afford to sack Wright" argument has fallen apart, but your deflection tactics are as boring as they are repetitive.

Try defending your argument and keeping it on topic, otherwise it all descends into an embarrassing farce. And if you've nothing worthwhile on topic to add, probably best you stop posting.
Why has the argument fallen apart?

Surely its a perfectly valid opinion to say we can't afford to sack the manager because all things you say are plausible also may not happen and you believe some or all of them are enough to make it a financial risk?

I don't know, As in in the give him chance as I still think we are good enough to not get relegated, and because of that I'm happy enough to give TW more time.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
The argument has fallen apart because there are perfectly plausible scenarios in which we could sack Wright and not be ruined financially.

The argument has four points to it:
A) We'd have to pay off Wright;
B) We'd have to pay off White;
C) We'd have to pay compensation to another club for their manager;
D) A new manager would want money to bring in their own players.

It's a reasonable enough argument. But:

A) Wright's not on a long contract (Not the five year one Gray had certainly). We could surely come to an affordable mutual agreement.
B) White wouldn't necessarily leave - he could even get the job (Of course he may well leave, we don't know). But it's unquestionably a possibility that White could stay.
C) Given we're unlikely to get a manager from a bigger club, how likely is it that we'd pay out a large amount to another club. Would it really be much more than what we paid Nuneaton last year, when our finances were more precarious? I don't think so.
D) Again, we're unlikely to change the squad to the extent we did last season. And even last year, we could afford half a dozen players including Styche on very decent money.

None of these scenarios are outlandish or implausible. Whether they'll happen is another matter. But all I'm saying is they're possible. Would anyone disagree? Is any of what I've outlined wholly impossible?

That's why I don't think it's valid to come and say "We can't afford to sack Wright" in the way Loan_star did. It's too simplistic.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:13 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:he's not abusive
You should see his last PM to me then. Tries to act the clever dick in public , does his bitching behind the scenes.
As for me derailing the thread, as he says it takes two to tango. I tried to end it but he carried it on. If he says things about me then I reserve the right to reply.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:21 pm

Spyman wrote:Why is White "as responsible" as Wright? Wright is the boss - he should be telling White (his assistant) what to do.

If something goes wrong at work, I carry the can, not my number two - unless he's gone against what I asked him to do.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
White will have a big say in things, otherwise why is he there?
It’s quite often the case that the coaching staff leave with the manager, either because they are deemed just as responsible or the new manager wants his own staff in. Agreed to doesn’t happen all the time but it’s another thing to consider when giving the manager the sack. It all adds to the cost.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:37 pm

loan_star wrote:
You should see his last PM to me then. Tries to act the clever dick in public , does his bitching behind the scenes.
As for me derailing the thread, as he says it takes two to tango. I tried to end it but he carried it on. If he says things about me then I reserve the right to reply.
Wow, are you a comedian? That's absolute gold that it is.

You in no way tried to end it. You carried it on because you need the last word. No sane person who reads this thread will believe you.

You're in absolutely no position to try and claim the moral high ground given the abuse you've thrown my way in the last 24 hours.

Seriously fella, stop acting like a cry bully, let it go and grow up. If you want to end it, simply do that.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:49 pm

Seems to be a large dose of pots, kettles and grimy arses around here. FFS give it up lads. :roll:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:51 pm

Let the figures speak for themselves, currently 2 to 1 in favour of sticking with TW. Any politician would kill for a vote of confidence like that. Close the poll and bring on FCUM

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:59 pm

jjljks wrote:Let the figures speak for themselves, currently 2 to 1 in favour of sticking with TW. Any politician would kill for a vote of confidence like that. Close the poll and bring on FCUM
Evidently most people on Uncovered want TW to stay. Believe it or not I'm one of them, albeit with my patience getting thin.

But let's not pretend an online poll of 50 people on Uncovered is anyway representative of the entire fanbase.

A repeat of the Altrincham performance and result against FC United however would see a big shift in my opinion. Likewise, if we win, let's not pretend that's the end of the debate. We thought we turned a corner against AFC Telford and look what happened.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:01 pm

Not sure where Loan Star lost the argument like. I can understand the logic of some points:

A) When is TW’s contract to? At least end of next season. I think the argument that ‘surely’ an agreement can be made doesn’t fill me with confidence. Why shouldn’t TW ask for his full contract to be paid? He hasn’t got another job and if he was to get sacked then the chances of getting another are diminishing.

B) could go either way

C) just depends what’s out there, from what I know if there’s nothing to be excited about. Again could go either way.

D) haven’t 3/4 squad members said they only came because of TW. How long would they hand around, would it effect their performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:46 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:

You in no way tried to end it. You carried it on because you need the last word. No sane person who reads this thread will believe you.

You're in absolutely no position to try and claim the moral high ground given the abuse you've thrown my way in the last 24 hours.

Seriously fella, stop acting like a cry bully, let it go and grow up. If you want to end it, simply do that.
loan_star wrote: I'll assume that this is the end of it, or should it be a stated possibility that this is the end of it? :roll:
:lol:

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:50 pm

D_F_C wrote:Not sure where Loan Star lost the argument like. I can understand the logic of some points:

A) When is TW’s contract to? At least end of next season. I think the argument that ‘surely’ an agreement can be made doesn’t fill me with confidence. Why shouldn’t TW ask for his full contract to be paid? He hasn’t got another job and if he was to get sacked then the chances of getting another are diminishing.

B) could go either way

C) just depends what’s out there, from what I know if there’s nothing to be excited about. Again could go either way.

D) haven’t 3/4 squad members said they only came because of TW. How long would they hand around, would it effect their performance

Been some good points made by quite a few on here, including you know who. Its all a matter of opinion. Anyway we have to trust those in charge to make the correct decision for the football club, whether thats back Wright or sack him. Its all conjecture though, nobody knows the full situation and it could well be other factors that force the decision.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:27 pm

D_F_C wrote:Not sure where Loan Star lost the argument like. I can understand the logic of some points:

There's no reason he shouldn't demand everything he's entitled to. But if it was the case we were looking to get rid, I bet it wouldn't happen.

Usually, if you're a manager and the club doesn't want you, you negotiate some sort of agreement, rather than be stuck in a job where you are failing and not wanted. It's no good for anyone to dig their heels in in that scenario. Why would you put up with all that stress and aggro? Just for a little extra cash? Come off it - any normal person would look to move on and pick up another role as quickly as they could, rather than tarnish their reputation further.

Mutual agreements happen all the time, and that's what I believe would happen if we chose to get rid.

D_F_C wrote: B) could go either way

This is my point. I'm not saying either will happen. Just that they're possibilities, which would reduce the amount we pay out in the event of sacking Wright. It makes sacking him more affordable. In acknowledging they could go either way, you're accepting they could happen, which is my point.
D_F_C wrote: D) haven’t 3/4 squad members said they only came because of TW. How long would they hand around, would it effect their performance
Who's said they ONLY came because of TW? I doubt that's the case at all.

They'd hang around as long as we want them, given we're their employers. What are they going to do? Damage their careers by throwing a fleg because TW isn't around? Refuse to play for us? It's not going to happen, which is why it's not an issue. The players thing is massively overdone.

But let's say hypothetically there are players who came because of Wright, why aren't they putting in the performances to reflect that? It doesn't say much for them that we're in the position we're in, given their devotion to TW. In that instance, we'd be better off without them.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:38 pm

loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:

loan_star wrote: I'll assume that this is the end of it, or should it be a stated possibility that this is the end of it? :roll:
:lol:
That's you trying to end an argument, is it? Interesting you left out the parts where you slagged me off in the same post. :think: As you said yourself, I reserve the right to reply if you're going to say stuff about me.

I'm happy to resolve this over DM, but you're refusing. You'd rather it carried on in public - you've said as much to me yourself.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:47 pm

Darlogramps wrote:

There's no reason he shouldn't demand everything he's entitled to. But if it was the case we were looking to get rid, I bet it wouldn't happen.

Usually, if you're a manager and the club doesn't want you, you negotiate some sort of agreement, rather than be stuck in a job where you are failing and not wanted. It's no good for anyone to dig their heels in in that scenario. Why would you put up with all that stress and aggro? Just for a little extra cash? Come off it - any normal person would look to move on and pick up another role as quickly as they could, rather than tarnish their reputation further.

Mutual agreements happen all the time, and that's what I believe would happen if we chose to get rid.

This is my point. I'm not saying either will happen. Just that they're possibilities, which would reduce the amount we pay out in the event of sacking Wright. It makes sacking him more affordable. In acknowledging they could go either way, you're accepting they could happen, which is my point.
D_F_C wrote: D) haven’t 3/4 squad members said they only came because of TW. How long would they hand around, would it effect their performance

They'd hang around as long as we want them, given we're their employers. What are they going to do? Damage their careers by throwing a fleg because TW isn't around? Refuse to play for us? It's not going to happen, which is why it's not an issue. The players thing is massively overdone.

But let's say hypothetically there are players who came because of Wright, why aren't they putting in the performances to reflect that? It doesn't say much for them that we're in the position we're in, given their devotion to TW. In that instance, we'd be better off without them.
As Loan star says. None of us know where we are financially and we don’t know either DJ’s stance or what Tommy or Alan or the players would do, anything is possible.

Your opinion is that it wouldn’t be that bad, mine is that it would. Plus I’m not ready to call for his head yet.

Another thing that bothers me is the caliber of a replacement. Whilst I don’t like talking of replacements when we still have a manager, but I’ve heard no even reasonable suggests. I’ve no doubt someone will say it doesn’t matter cause they can’t be worse, but it’d bother me

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:05 pm

Darlogramps wrote: That's you trying to end an argument, is it? Interesting you left out the parts where you slagged me off in the same post. :think: As you said yourself, I reserve the right to reply if you're going to say stuff about me.

I'm happy to resolve this over DM, but you're refusing. You'd rather it carried on in public - you've said as much to me yourself.
It was trying to draw a line under it using your own words.
So you want to continue this over DM so you can dish out the abuse to try and keep your sham "I don't resort to abuse" reputation intact? Do me a favour. See me in person since you know who I am and I'll happily converse with you there so that people on here can get on with the proper discussion.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:12 pm

D_F_C wrote: Another thing that bothers me is the caliber of a replacement. Whilst I don’t like talking of replacements when we still have a manager, but I’ve heard no even reasonable suggests. I’ve no doubt someone will say it doesn’t matter cause they can’t be worse, but it’d bother me
I'd hope that if Wright did go they would try for the first choice from last time again, David McGurk. No doubt Armstrongs head would pop up again too. Anyone from lower down the ladder would be a massive gamble. Maybe the Facebook favourite Andy Toman would apply too?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:02 pm

Brian atkinson and sean gregan were the first choice last time and had the job for a few days until ruled out by league rules because of the gray connection. Mcgurk has never managed a club and neither have atkinson and gregan.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:12 pm

loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote: That's you trying to end an argument, is it? Interesting you left out the parts where you slagged me off in the same post. :think: As you said yourself, I reserve the right to reply if you're going to say stuff about me.

So you want to continue this over DM so you can dish out the abuse to try and keep your sham "I don't resort to abuse" reputation intact? Do me a favour. See me in person since you know who I am and I'll happily converse with you there so that people on here can get on with the proper discussion.
Here's a tip. If you want to draw a line under things, don't slag me off in the same post.

As for abuse, stop trying to play the victim. No one's buying it. Typical cry-bully behaviour. You can dish it out, but run off crying when you get some back.

You didn't receive any abuse. What I sent you was no worse than what you sent me.

Anyway, this has gone on long enough. So let's both draw a line under it and move on.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:20 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:

Here's a tip. If you want to draw a line under things, don't slag me off in the same post.

As for abuse, stop trying to play the victim. No one's buying it. Typical cry-bully behaviour. You can dish it out, but run off crying when you get some back.

You didn't receive any abuse. What I sent you was no worse than what you sent me.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Oh right, so I was abusive to you but you haven’t been to me, yet what you said to me in the DM was no worse than what I have said to you? Yet I didn’t receive any abuse? Ok then!
As I have said, stop hiding behind the username and speak to me in person. Hardly running away is it? You’re the one hiding, not me.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:22 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

As Loan star says. None of us know where we are financially and we don’t know either DJ’s stance or what Tommy or Alan or the players would do, anything is possible.

Your opinion is that it wouldn’t be that bad, mine is that it would. Plus I’m not ready to call for his head yet.

Another thing that bothers me is the caliber of a replacement. Whilst I don’t like talking of replacements when we still have a manager, but I’ve heard no even reasonable suggests. I’ve no doubt someone will say it doesn’t matter cause they can’t be worse, but it’d bother me

Atkinson, McGurk, Hardy. I see no reason why none of those couldn't do a better job than TW. TW is failing badly, if we're judging him by his and DJ's own comments about expectations in the summer.

Not so sure on Armstrong given his recent record.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:23 pm

loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Oh right, so I was abusive to you but you haven’t been to me, yet what you said to me in the DM was no worse than what I have said to you? Yet I didn’t receive any abuse? Ok then!
As I have said, stop hiding behind the username and speak to me in person. Hardly running away is it? You’re the one hiding, not me.
Says loan_star, typing behind a username.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:34 pm

You know who I am, plenty do.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:40 pm

loan_star wrote:You know who I am, plenty do.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dear me. Whatever you need to tell yourself.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:42 pm

Yawn.
Thank goodness it's bedtime.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:45 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dear me. Whatever you need to tell yourself.
You’ve even called me by my name on here. For someone who reckons the use of emojis shows that you have lost an argument you have done a good job there.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:54 pm

loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Image Image Image Dear me. Whatever you need to tell yourself.
You’ve even called me by my name on here. For someone who reckons the use of emojis shows that you have lost an argument you have done a good job there.
Crikey, you pick up on something I said months ago in a different context. And then twist what I said so you can have another dig. I really have gotten under your skin.

I've never said using emojis means you've lost an argument. Considering you squeal about twisting stuff, you're quite keen on doing it yourself.

You really don't like anyone standing up to you, do you?

P.S. Still laughing at "You know who I am, plenty do". Quality.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:05 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Image Image Image Dear me. Whatever you need to tell yourself.
Crikey, you pick up on something I said months ago in a different context. And then twist what I said so you can have another dig. I really have gotten under your skin.

I've never said using emojis means you've lost an argument. Considering you squeal about twisting stuff, you're quite keen on doing it yourself.

You really don't like anyone standing up to you, do you?

P.S. Still laughing at "You know who I am, plenty do". Quality.
You don’t like it when someone uses your own tactics against you, do you! And considering you have mentioned things I have said on twitter, about the bother at Fylde, shows that I am right that you know who I am. Keep hiding.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:43 pm

I haven't twisted anything. You claim I do, which doesn't make it true. But then you would because it deflects from your inability to debate properly.

But you admit you twist stuff. So there we are.

I've never denied knowing who you are. Just found your egotistical "You know who I am" nonsense rather amusing. But what does it matter? You're still posting anonymously and most on here don't know your name. So you can't accuse anyone else of hiding when you do it yourself.

If it bothers you, why not change your username to your real name?
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bernie Rhodes knows

Post by Bernie Rhodes knows » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:31 am

Jesus H

Get back after a skinful only to be met by this dullathon

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:58 am

Darlogramps wrote:
D_F_C wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Atkinson, McGurk, Hardy. I see no reason why none of those couldn't do a better job than TW. TW is failing badly, if we're judging him by his and DJ's own comments about expectations in the summer.

Back to the actual point.

Not a list that makes me think wow. As someone has said 2 have no experience as a manager. The other one we’d have to pay for (and possibly his assistant). I originally wanted hardy, but he didn’t show massive interest last time

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:51 am

D_F_C wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
D_F_C wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Back to the actual point.

Not a list that makes me think wow. As someone has said 2 have no experience as a manager. The other one we’d have to pay for (and possibly his assistant). I originally wanted hardy, but he didn’t show massive interest last time

That's not strictly true. Hardy was ready to take the job here. Wright then resigned from Nuneaton and forced our hand. But Hardy was definitely interested.

Perhaps it was more a case of Hardy being satisfied enough at Whitby to not apply for us, but would have taken the job if we offered it to him.

And yeah we'd have to pay - but will it be any more than we paid for Wright? I highly doubt it. Nuneaton were full time, Whitby are part time. And given the financial implications of a relegation battle (lower attendances etc, which impact on us harder) keeping Wright could hurt us more financially, if he continues to fail.

As for the Wow factor- I don't disagree. But we are a side currently in a National League North relegation fight. Who would you like to be in the frame? TW's performance is hardly making anyone go "Wow" either.

I'd rather gamble on an unproven McGurk or Atkinson, than retain Wright if he continues to fail.