You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:04 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Management Team
Stick with TW & AW & see it come good. 68%  68%  [ 43 ]
Get rid & act fast to save the season. 32%  32%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 63
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2356
Team Supported: Darlington
The wisdom of a bunch of players travelling vast distances for training and home matches is open to question to start with for a whole range of reasons but it certainly should not mean that TW is untouchable no matter how low we plunge on the pitch and how inept he should prove to be. If a manager proves incapable of putting together a side that can win matches, it will only ever end one way, whatever the circumstances surrounding the players at the club or why they signed. With a quarter of the season gone, TW's winning ratio of 18% and his longer term stats don't bode well.
I also think some of the doubts about TW raised on here have been legitimate and reasonable rather than panicky and rabid.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5798
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
Genuine question - what is it that makes you think he can turn it around? And what would it take for you to think he's got to go?

And do we need to be "swimming in funds"?.


First question, he did it last season and we have shown that we have a very capable side, it’s up to Wright to get them firing again. Come end of November and we are bottom 3 then the board need to start earning their corn in that respect.
And yes we do need to be swimming in funds, we aren’t in a position to chuck money away in the hope that another clubs reject can sort us out, or that an up and coming manager would be within our price range again.
Plus, why would White stay? If it’s the management that’s culpable for the bad run of form then he’s just as culpable as Wright.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5798
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
I also think some of the doubts about TW raised on here have been legitimate and reasonable rather than panicky and rabid.


I specifically mentioned the Facebook page where some of comments are OTT.
It’s more of a proper debate on here compared to that place.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:27 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 4176
Team Supported: Darlington
loan_star wrote:

First question, he did it last season and we have shown that we have a very capable side, it’s up to Wright to get them firing again.


But this is different to last season. He's failing with his own players, who he himself said were an improvement on last season. We should be expecting more than a relegation battle. Scrambling out of the relegation zone into mid-table is not good enough (some on here would claim it to be a success, but it wouldn't be). A repeat of last year would be a big failure, given the comments from TW and DJ over the summer.

loan_star wrote:
And yes we do need to be swimming in funds, we aren’t in a position to chuck money away in the hope that another clubs reject can sort us out, or that an up and coming manager would be within our price range again.


You haven't explained why that would require us to be swimming in money. A mutual agreement with TW would hardly break the bank. Anyone know his contract length? Can't imagine it's the five years we'd given Gray.

And we'd only pay out compensation for a new boss if we approached another club. Given it's unlikely we'd take a manager from above us, would we need to go wild with compensation for a lower club's boss? Again I don't see how, if done sensibly, it would break the bank. So in saying we need to be "swimming" in money, you're exaggerating in my opinion.

It's also an assumption to say there'd be squad and coaching staff changes too. They could happen, but not necessarily. Certainly squad-wise I don't see us changing it up like last year.

And the financial impact of keeping TW if he continues to fail could be way more serious and long-lasting. We can't afford to see a long-term dip in attendances because the team is playing bad football and losing.

So there are massive flaws in the "we can't afford to sack TW" argument. I think we can.

loan_star wrote:
Plus, why would White stay? If it’s the management that’s culpable for the bad run of form then he’s just as culpable as Wright.


Plenty of examples of coaches and assistants staying on. White might fancy the job himself. The idea he would definitely go after a Wright sacking is an assumption. So saying we'd definitely have to pay him off is not necessarily correct.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 11104
Team Supported: Darlington
Stick with TW & AW, I have faith that they can turn things round and we can move to calmer waters.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:03 pm
Posts: 223
Team Supported: Darlington
I would give TW a little more time though not convinced anything change. Hopefully DJ has already started sounding out possible replacements so that if/when TW has to be removed we will have someone lined up to take over rather than taking weeks advertising and interviewing.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 pm
Posts: 543
Location: Hereford
Team Supported: Darlington
dfc4me wrote:
I would give TW a little more time though not convinced anything change. Hopefully DJ has already started sounding out possible replacements so that if/when TW has to be removed we will have someone lined up to take over rather than taking weeks advertising and interviewing.

I would hope DJ is not going behind Wright's back and sounding out replacements because that can never be kept secret.

I would also hope DJ is giving Tommy his full support whilst at the same time making clear that Tommy has until the new year to turn around the clubs form, after which other options will have to be discussed.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 11164
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
dfc4me wrote:
I would give TW a little more time though not convinced anything change. Hopefully DJ has already started sounding out possible replacements so that if/when TW has to be removed we will have someone lined up to take over rather than taking weeks advertising and interviewing.

I would be very disappointed in DJ if he was going behind our managers back, why would he need to?

I'd be fully expecting him to be backing TW.

_________________
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLWWDDDDLLLL


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Posts: 534
Team Supported: Darlington
banktopp wrote:
dfc4me wrote:
I would give TW a little more time though not convinced anything change. Hopefully DJ has already started sounding out possible replacements so that if/when TW has to be removed we will have someone lined up to take over rather than taking weeks advertising and interviewing.

I would hope DJ is not going behind Wright's back and sounding out replacements because that can never be kept secret.

I would also hope DJ is giving Tommy his full support whilst at the same time making clear that Tommy has until the new year to turn around the clubs form, after which other options will have to be discussed.

The new year?.Sorry,but unless we see a reasonable return of points this month ,4 or 5 in not unreasonable,then he needs to go.After all the big talk of the summer this season is going down the pan quickly.Whether he has overestimated the quality of his signings or “lost the changing room” I don’t know but what we have now is unacceptable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Posts: 137
Team Supported: Darlington
Emdubya wrote:
The new year?.Sorry,but unless we see a reasonable return of points this month ,4 or 5 in not unreasonable,then he needs to go.


4 or 5 points from the 4 matches this month is not good enough.

_________________
TAFKAQ

@1883Of


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Posts: 534
Team Supported: Darlington
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Emdubya wrote:
The new year?.Sorry,but unless we see a reasonable return of points this month ,4 or 5 in not unreasonable,then he needs to go.


4 or 5 points from the 4 matches this month is not good enough.

Quite right.Thought we only had three games.My bad.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2356
Team Supported: Darlington
I would have thought the pressure will go up another couple of notches should we lose to FCUM. They are absolutely atrocious, havent won at home and have a goal difference of -15. If we dont see them off it really would be very difficult to see how this plunge towards the bottom will be halted. Meanwhile we yet again sit with our noses pressed against the window while FA Cup fever picks up and vital cash comes rolling in for many clubs. There's no getting away from it, in terms of the budget we have and TW's stated aims and brave words this has been a pretty disastrous first quarter of the season.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3596
Team Supported: Darlington
When things got really bad last season the team and management turned it round - however in the final run in they ran out of gas and that's where our poor run started.

I know you shouldn't compare seasons like for like but I hope we're not in a position where our players can only perform when the pressure is well and truly on - as in being threatened by relegation.

Is there a problem with motivation here?

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5798
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:

First question, he did it last season and we have shown that we have a very capable side, it’s up to Wright to get them firing again.


But this is different to last season. He's failing with his own players, who he himself said were an improvement on last season. We should be expecting more than a relegation battle. Scrambling out of the relegation zone into mid-table is not good enough (some on here would claim it to be a success, but it wouldn't be). A repeat of last year would be a big failure, given the comments from TW and DJ over the summer.

loan_star wrote:
And yes we do need to be swimming in funds, we aren’t in a position to chuck money away in the hope that another clubs reject can sort us out, or that an up and coming manager would be within our price range again.


You haven't explained why that would require us to be swimming in money. A mutual agreement with TW would hardly break the bank. Anyone know his contract length? Can't imagine it's the five years we'd given Gray.

And we'd only pay out compensation for a new boss if we approached another club. Given it's unlikely we'd take a manager from above us, would we need to go wild with compensation for a lower club's boss? Again I don't see how, if done sensibly, it would break the bank. So in saying we need to be "swimming" in money, you're exaggerating in my opinion.

It's also an assumption to say there'd be squad and coaching staff changes too. They could happen, but not necessarily. Certainly squad-wise I don't see us changing it up like last year.

And the financial impact of keeping TW if he continues to fail could be way more serious and long-lasting. We can't afford to see a long-term dip in attendances because the team is playing bad football and losing.

So there are massive flaws in the "we can't afford to sack TW" argument. I think we can.

loan_star wrote:
Plus, why would White stay? If it’s the management that’s culpable for the bad run of form then he’s just as culpable as Wright.


Plenty of examples of coaches and assistants staying on. White might fancy the job himself. The idea he would definitely go after a Wright sacking is an assumption. So saying we'd definitely have to pay him off is not necessarily correct.


You say I am making assumptions over certain points but isn't that exactly what you are doing too?
You assume that we can come to a mutual agreement with Wright. You assume that White may want the job or stay as a coach even though hes just as responsible as Wright for how things are on the pitch.
You also assume it won't cost us that much to get a new manager in. Also its a hope that things would improve under a new man, just as I hope Wright turns it round.

With regard to last season, yes the players are different but he has shown that he can turn a team round, even when the players aren't all his. However if by the end of next month we are bottom 3 then I think he needs to be assessing his own situation rather than the club having to sack him.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:57 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 4176
Team Supported: Darlington
loan_star wrote:

You say I am making assumptions over certain points but isn't that exactly what you are doing too?
You assume that we can come to a mutual agreement with Wright. You assume that White may want the job or stay as a coach even though hes just as responsible as Wright for how things are on the pitch.
You also assume it won't cost us that much to get a new manager in. Also its a hope that things would improve under a new man, just as I hope Wright turns it round.

With regard to last season, yes the players are different but he has shown that he can turn a team round, even when the players aren't all his. However if by the end of next month we are bottom 3 then I think he needs to be assessing his own situation rather than the club having to sack him.


You're confusing "assumptions" with "stated possibilities." I haven't assumed anything will happen.

I've stated it was a possibility that White would stay on (which it is) and that it was a probability we wouldn't make massive changes to the squad (again, not implausible). And it may also be the case that we don't break the bank in appointing a new manager. All scenarios which are perfectly plausible. I'm not saying they will happen, but it is definitely the case that some or all of these could potentially happen.

Stating that something could potentially happen is not the same as assuming it will.

The difference here is you stated definitively that we couldn't afford to sack Wright. That was quite clearly your point. What I've done is present a number of scenarios in which it is entirely possible for us to get rid of Wright without causing ourselves financial ruin.

Therefore the argument "We can't afford to sack Wright" doesn't work. It's an invalid counter argument as it's too simplistic.

It also doesn't say much for your belief in Wright that your case for him staying is, by your own admission, based on hope and circumstance, than any faith in his ability.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5798
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:

You say I am making assumptions over certain points but isn't that exactly what you are doing too?
You assume that we can come to a mutual agreement with Wright. You assume that White may want the job or stay as a coach even though hes just as responsible as Wright for how things are on the pitch.
You also assume it won't cost us that much to get a new manager in. Also its a hope that things would improve under a new man, just as I hope Wright turns it round.

With regard to last season, yes the players are different but he has shown that he can turn a team round, even when the players aren't all his. However if by the end of next month we are bottom 3 then I think he needs to be assessing his own situation rather than the club having to sack him.


You're confusing "assumptions" with "stated possibilities." I haven't assumed anything will happen.

I've stated it was a possibility that White would stay on (which it is) and that it was a probability we wouldn't make massive changes to the squad (again, not implausible). And it may also be the case that we don't break the bank in appointing a new manager. All scenarios which are perfectly plausible. I'm not saying they will happen, but it is definitely the case that some or all of these could potentially happen.

Stating that something could potentially happen is not the same as assuming it will.

The difference here is you stated definitively that we couldn't afford to sack Wright. That was quite clearly your point. What I've done is present a number of scenarios in which it is entirely possible for us to get rid of Wright without causing ourselves financial ruin.

Therefore the argument "We can't afford to sack Wright" doesn't work. It's an invalid counter argument as it's too simplistic.

It also doesn't say much for your belief in Wright that your case for him staying is, by your own admission, based on hope and circumstance, than any faith in his ability.


Ah yeh I thought it would be something like that. you just twist things to suit your own argument every time.
"Assumptions and stated possibilities" :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've got to admit, thats a belter even by your standards of statement twisting. Well done. 10/10


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:33 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 4176
Team Supported: Darlington
Not quite sure why you're trying to deflect the discussion to being about me. It's a tactic you deploy repeatedly when you've got nothing left to say. I've kept it on topic and been polite.

Everyone can see your "We can't afford to sack Wright" argument has fallen apart, but your deflection tactics are as boring as they are repetitive.

Try defending your argument and keeping it on topic, otherwise it all descends into an embarrassing farce. And if you've nothing worthwhile on topic to add, probably best you stop posting.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Last edited by Darlogramps on Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5798
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
Not quite sure why you're trying to deflect the discussion to being about me. It's a tactic you do repeatedly when you've got nothing left to say. I've kept it on topic and been polite.

I know your "We can't afford to sack Wright" argument has fallen apart, but your deflection tactics are as boring as they are repetitive.

Try defending your argument and keeping it on topic, otherwise it all descends into an embarrassing farce.


Because you twist things, you always do and yet you seem incapable of recognising this. It only ends up in an embarrassing farce when you do exactly that. Got to admit it made me laugh with your stated possibilities and assumptions. The best yet.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:52 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 4176
Team Supported: Darlington
Ok, so you've got nothing further to add and are going to resort to the usual boring deflections and attacks on me. A sure sign you've lost the argument.

The reason you're going down this road is to save face, after the weaknesses in your own argument were exposed. You're the one who took this off-topic, not me. Attack the argument, not the man.

Sacking TW wouldn't lead to financial problems as you claimed. We could do it and I've explained why, so it's not a valid counter-argument.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm
Posts: 801
Location: Newton Aycliffe
Team Supported: Darlington
TW is running out of time there is no question and I'd say anything less than a win next week and it's curtains, win and he has bought himself another week or two - hoping it is the latter. :thumbup:

However, my question to those wanting to give him more time is this, would you be happy if the club kept Wright on longer but got relegated or changed manager and stayed up? All scenarios are hypothetical of course as we can't predict the future, but as things stand and appear to be going, which is the bigger picture?

_________________
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7840
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
real_darlo_85 wrote:
TW is running out of time there is no question and I'd say anything less than a win next week and it's curtains, win and he has bought himself another week or two - hoping it is the latter. :thumbup:

However, my question to those wanting to give him more time is this, would you be happy if the club kept Wright on longer but got relegated or changed manager and stayed up? All scenarios are hypothetical of course as we can't predict the future, but as things stand and appear to be going, which is the bigger picture?


Or kept Wright and stayed up or changed manager and got relegated.

I think there is still 5 more games to gel and actually get some consistency in performances.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5798
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
Ok, so you've got nothing further to add and are going to resort to the usual boring deflections and attacks on me. A sure sign you've lost the argument.

The reason you're going down this road is to save face, after the weaknesses in your own argument were exposed. You're the one who took this off-topic, not me. Attack the argument, not the man.

Sacking TW wouldn't lead to financial problems as you claimed. We could do it and I've explained why, so it's not a valid counter-argument.


Why add anything else when you just twist it? I've stated my opinion and I'm happy with it. As for attacking people, you do it all the time as well, you just don't realise it.
I'll assume that this is the end of it, or should it be a stated possibility that this is the end of it? :roll:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:08 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 4176
Team Supported: Darlington
Oh dear - you're embarrassing yourself now. You lost the argument and can't take it.

There's been no twisting of words nor have I attacked anyone personally. Just your typical cry bully tactics because your own ego can't take people proving you wrong.

We've established that we could afford to sack TW if we're sensible about approaching it, so that's no longer a valid argument for keeping him.

Doubtless you'll need to have the last word so go ahead. But I'm sure all right-minded people in this thread will see your "We can't afford to sack Wright" assertion has been thoroughly disproved.




Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 2543
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
Not quite sure why you're trying to deflect the discussion to being about me. It's a tactic you deploy repeatedly when you've got nothing left to say. I've kept it on topic and been polite.

Everyone can see your "We can't afford to sack Wright" argument has fallen apart, but your deflection tactics are as boring as they are repetitive.

Try defending your argument and keeping it on topic, otherwise it all descends into an embarrassing farce. And if you've nothing worthwhile on topic to add, probably best you stop posting.
Why has the argument fallen apart?

Surely its a perfectly valid opinion to say we can't afford to sack the manager because all things you say are plausible also may not happen and you believe some or all of them are enough to make it a financial risk?

I don't know, As in in the give him chance as I still think we are good enough to not get relegated, and because of that I'm happy enough to give TW more time.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5798
Team Supported: Darlington
shawry wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Not quite sure why you're trying to deflect the discussion to being about me. It's a tactic you deploy repeatedly when you've got nothing left to say. I've kept it on topic and been polite.

Everyone can see your "We can't afford to sack Wright" argument has fallen apart, but your deflection tactics are as boring as they are repetitive.

Try defending your argument and keeping it on topic, otherwise it all descends into an embarrassing farce. And if you've nothing worthwhile on topic to add, probably best you stop posting.
Why has the argument fallen apart?

Surely its a perfectly valid opinion to say we can't afford to sack the manager because all things you say are plausible also may not happen and you believe some or all of them are enough to make it a financial risk?

I don't know, As in in the give him chance as I still think we are good enough to not get relegated, and because of that I'm happy enough to give TW more time.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk


Thanks Shawry. Unfortunately a certain person on here can't accept other people have opinions and spends his life thrapping around on his keyboard trying to win an argument because he doesnt like those opinions.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1270
Team Supported: Darlington
This started off as a reasonable discussion and rapidly deteriorated (again). Surely it's a possibility that if Tommy is shown the door (I'm personally ambivalent about this for now) it could cost us dearly or it might not cost us at all. It may be an expensive call or it may not. We don't know so I think either side of the argument may be right but who knows what the future holds? I'm definitely in the FC United away end!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 11104
Team Supported: Darlington
I'm making the trip over, for what is a crucial game, see you at the game DBTS. Doesn't threads that Gramps gets involved in usually veer away from the actual subject of the thread?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1270
Team Supported: Darlington
I think he just loves an argument! He never threatens anyone and he's not abusive but he can be annoying. The nature of the forum means its inhabited by all sorts. See you at FC.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:36 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 4176
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I'm making the trip over, for what is a crucial game, see you at the game DBTS. Doesn't threads that Gramps gets involved in usually veer away from the actual subject of the thread?
Except I kept this one topic. Loan_Star was the one who lost the argument so threw his toys out of the pram and turned it another bitchfest about me.

More than happy to remain on topic. But it takes two to tango.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Management
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11484
Team Supported: Darlington
Why is White "as responsible" as Wright? Wright is the boss - he should be telling White (his assistant) what to do.

If something goes wrong at work, I carry the can, not my number two - unless he's gone against what I asked him to do.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group