Dunston

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 2665
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Dunston

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Have knocked out Chester and are now 1 match from the 1st rd proper, Well done Dunston and Liam Marrs

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Alfie
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 8:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Eye, Suffolk

Re: Dunston

Post by Alfie » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:35 pm

And a decent financial prize - £15K ?

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11723
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Dunston

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:41 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Have knocked out Chester and are now 1 match from the 1st rd proper, Well done Dunston and Liam Marrs

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I thought today was the last round before the League sides joined the competition? It's been a long time since a NL side made it to the first round proper, so hopefully they have or will do so.

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 2665
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Dunston

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:54 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:Have knocked out Chester and are now 1 match from the 1st rd proper, Well done Dunston and Liam Marrs

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I thought today was the last round before the League sides joined the competition? It's been a long time since a NL side made it to the first round proper, so hopefully they have or will do so.
I think it's the Conference teams now then the league teams I think..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11723
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Dunston

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:56 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:Have knocked out Chester and are now 1 match from the 1st rd proper, Well done Dunston and Liam Marrs

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I thought today was the last round before the League sides joined the competition? It's been a long time since a NL side made it to the first round proper, so hopefully they have or will do so.
I think it's the Conference teams now then the league teams I think..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Ok thanks I was wrong. I did believe that when we entered the competition, we only needed to win two games to get to the first round of the competition.

joejaques
Posts: 2650
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Dunston

Post by joejaques » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:46 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:Have knocked out Chester and are now 1 match from the 1st rd proper, Well done Dunston and Liam Marrs

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I thought today was the last round before the League sides joined the competition? It's been a long time since a NL side made it to the first round proper, so hopefully they have or will do so.
I think it's the Conference teams now then the league teams I think..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Ok thanks I was wrong. I did believe that when we entered the competition, we only needed to win two games to get to the first round of the competition.
How long has it taken us to ONLY win two cup games? :roll:
Image

jjljks
Posts: 1416
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Dunston

Post by jjljks » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:59 pm

Well done, Dunston. Perhaps they could give us some tips on how to win Cup games for next year?

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6021
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Dunston

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:55 pm

joejaques wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:Have knocked out Chester and are now 1 match from the 1st rd proper, Well done Dunston and Liam Marrs

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I thought today was the last round before the League sides joined the competition? It's been a long time since a NL side made it to the first round proper, so hopefully they have or will do so.
I think it's the Conference teams now then the league teams I think..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Ok thanks I was wrong. I did believe that when we entered the competition, we only needed to win two games to get to the first round of the competition.
How long has it taken us to ONLY win two cup games? :roll:
Other than the daft league cups that nobody cares about, I can only remember us winning one proper cup game since we got the boot down to the NL.

shildonlad
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Dunston

Post by shildonlad » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:20 pm

No doubt the media will make a meal of it and forget that there will be 3 other north east sides (4 if you count York) in 4thqr. Last northern league team to make it to round 1 was shildon in 2003, played notts county, team included ex darlo lads lee Ellison, Danny key and Gary Barnes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11723
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Dunston

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:55 pm

shildonlad wrote:No doubt the media will make a meal of it and forget that there will be 3 other north east sides (4 if you count York) in 4thqr. Last northern league team to make it to round 1 was shildon in 2003, played notts county, team included ex darlo lads lee Ellison, Danny key and Gary Barnes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for that, 15 years is a long time.

shildonlad
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Dunston

Post by shildonlad » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:01 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
shildonlad wrote:No doubt the media will make a meal of it and forget that there will be 3 other north east sides (4 if you count York) in 4thqr. Last northern league team to make it to round 1 was shildon in 2003, played notts county, team included ex darlo lads lee Ellison, Danny key and Gary Barnes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for that, 15 years is a long time.
Just shows how the leagues above are getting stronger and northern leagues teams ain’t as big as they think. When shildon qualified they avoided conference teams and back then there weren’t half as many pro conference teams


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

feethamslad
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Dunston

Post by feethamslad » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:28 pm

Home to Gateshead in the next round.

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 2665
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Dunston

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:07 pm

feethamslad wrote:Home to Gateshead in the next round.
Nice Derby game

jjljks
Posts: 1416
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Dunston

Post by jjljks » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:10 am

And will be shown live on BBC. Kerrcchhiingg!

User avatar
divas
Posts: 12840
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Dunston

Post by divas » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:43 am

Only streamed on the website rather than on TV

quakerste
Posts: 1329
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:07 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Dunston

Post by quakerste » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:59 am

You can watch the games on the red button on the tv channel 601. I watched the Chorley game last weekend. Couldn't see a lot due to the rain on the camera lenses.

Post Reply