FC United V Darlington match thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

FC United V Darlington match thread

Post by poppyfield » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:54 am

Just hope we can get a win :thumbup:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

tdk1

Re: FC United V Darlington match thread

Post by tdk1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:57 am

Just 172 hours til kick off...

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:58 am

Someone is looking forward to the game

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:09 am

Ah, I see what I've done there :oops: :lol:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:43 am

poppyfield wrote:Just hope we can get a win :thumbup:
Talk about being keen. :lol:

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:07 am

Let me know if we win then I might go next week LOL

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Comedy gold!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:43 pm

FCUM really are the pits. They were knocked out of the FA Cup at home to Witton Albion today and had THREE players sent off. They still haven't won at home this season... what can possibly go wrong next Saturday :silent: ?

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:19 pm

After the misery on here it’s great to have a faux pas like that :lol:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:33 pm

Cheers Pete.
LoidLucan wrote:FCUM really are the pits. They were knocked out of the FA Cup at home to Witton Albion today and had THREE players sent off. They still haven't won at home this season... what can possibly go wrong next Saturday :silent: ?
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:29 pm

:D

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:57 pm

LoidLucan wrote:FCUM really are the pits. They were knocked out of the FA Cup at home to Witton Albion today and had THREE players sent off. They still haven't won at home this season... what can possibly go wrong next Saturday :silent: ?
To be fair Witton did beat Spendy in the last round so FC wouldn't have been that much of a challenge.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:53 am

Has Stythe been called up for Gibraltar again, therefore missing this match?
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:39 am

MikeinBlack2 wrote:Has Stythe been called up for Gibraltar again, therefore missing this match?
Styth? Touch of the Alan Brazil “deepeth depth” there

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:43 am

Styche called up for the Gibraltar squad, so might be time to go back to the starting 11 who did so well against Telford.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:31 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:Styche called up for the Gibraltar squad, so might be time to go back to the starting 11 who did so well against Telford.
I wouldn't be too disappointed with that. Although I do think when fit Ainge has a lot to offer when fully fit. We saw at the start of the season how good he is in the air. Get him in that condition and With the likes of Thompson, Trotman, O'Hanlon who can all cross a ball and Wheatley on set pieces we could have a real threat. Getting to the byline and something coming across the box.

One thing is for sure TW and AW have had double the amount of time they usually would to prepare the team for this game. Everyone should be well drilled and know their roles. In addition, FCUM had 3 players sent off in their defeat to Witton Albion on Saturday. All 3 will be banned for our visit on Saturday. We need to step up.

Another interesting question is who will pick up the arm band with Stchye away. Hughes, Ainge, Galbraith? Could one of them seize the opportunity to lead by example and set the tone for an improved performance and result?

feethamslad

Post by feethamslad » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:28 pm

I phoned FCUM yesterday to try and arrange disabled parking and seating for the match. Quite shambolic. Do not press '1' for tickets this transfers you to their booking agency Eventim that first of all couldn't find the match, secondly said it was not available then said it was fully booked. All wrong! Apparently the '1' tickets option is for season tickets.

I then called again pressing '9' to speak to reception who tried to help - not convinced - will see when we get there on Saturday.

The match is segregated but it is NOT all ticket - pay on the day.

Hope this helps.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:38 pm

I'd hope we have up to 400 make the trip over for this vital game.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:02 pm

Nowhere near Pete 200-250 max.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:24 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I'd hope we have up to 400 make the trip over for this vital game.
Why a vital game??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:28 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I'd hope we have up to 400 make the trip over for this vital game.
Why a vital game??

Because they're bottom and we're fourth bottom.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:01 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Why a vital game??

To be fair it's not gonna define any of our seasons as we are only in October maybe if we are both still where we are (which is more than likely) then we can say it's a vital game but NOT now FFS...

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:02 pm

quakerste wrote:Nowhere near Pete 200-250 max.
It's one of the grounds I like to visit but sadly not this time as I'm away in Bonnie wee..

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:20 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
quakerste wrote:Nowhere near Pete 200-250 max.
It's one of the grounds I like to visit but sadly not this time as I'm away in Bonnie wee..
They are beset with similar problems to us in terms of finances. Seem to have run out of dosh after making a great start as a fan-owned club, so my gripe was the unterraced standing area for away fans. Otherwise, great fans for a banter with old Miner's welfare club near ground serves a cheap beer :thumbup:

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:22 am

Two seasons ago we took a big following and it was more difficult to see but last season you could practically choose your spot. Think it will be the same on Saturday! Looking forward to the game and meeting up with the usual suspects.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:37 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Why a vital game??

To be fair it's not gonna define any of our seasons as we are only in October maybe if we are both still where we are (which is more than likely) then we can say it's a vital game but NOT now FFS...
It's vital in the sense that if we can't beat these, then who else do we measure up against. These are bottom for a reason and if we can't beat these then TW has to do the right thing.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:45 pm

Yep, FC United are bottom of the table, without a permanent manager, lost to NPL opposition in the FA Cup, on a terrible run and have players suspended.

Failing to beat them would be inexcusable.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Think it's a very important game for the management. They've had double the amount of time they normally would to prepare for a game. We should be well drilled clear roles and clear idea of how we go about beating FCUM. In addition, it will teach us about the players, they know TW and AW are in a bit of trouble at the minute. How much do they want to give to turn that around for the management pair? Think it will also speak volumes about managemeny decision making too. We know Wheatley is carrying a hernia injury. If he plays on Saturday and is only half fit then why weren't we getting him booked in for an operation while we had a clear 2 weeks off and getting someone in on loan to cover the extra couple of weeks of recovery.

In regards to our opponents, barring perhaps crisis hit nuneaton theres noone better in the league to be playing right now. FC United sit in last place with 6 points from their 11 games and a -15 goal difference. Further cast into disarray following their managers resignation earlier in the season stating he couldn't take the club forwards. They seem a team at a bit of a cross roads in terms of their existence. They have financed themselves to the hilt to achieve their new ground. But now must trade off keeping their cost of football low (which attracted many of their fans in the first place) with the requirement to fund squad improvements. To keep them competitive. Further to add to their misery they were knocked out of the cup at the weekend having 3 players sent off in the process. All will be banned for our visit on Saturday.

For us, we know we will be without Reece Styche who is away on international duty. It gives others an opportunity to step up. Not just to lay their claim to a position in regards to Saunders and Ainge, but also to lay claim to the captaincy.

For me and fitness depending is would start Ainge up front. Bit of man management tell him he's the main man this week build his ego and confidence. If he plays like we know he can then that no.9 shirt is his etc.

Captain is an interesting one. I'd imagine the candidates with be Hughes, Galbraith, Syers and Ainge. Whoever it is we need a loud voice on that pitch too many times we've been too quiet and meek this season. I want someone oozing authority. And again if we do well that armband can be yours again come the Boston game.

For me I'd set us up:

------------------------- Maddison ----------------------------

Trotman ----- Hughes ----- Galbraith ---- O'Hanlon 

------------------- Wheatley --- Elliott ------------------------

Thompson ------------ Syers ---------------- Nicholson

----------------------------- Ainge --------------------------------

Subs: Bancroft, Burn, Henshall, Saunders, Glover.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:10 pm

Does anybody know what our players did this weekend? Presumably in for extra training in the absence of a game?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:33 pm

Good, balanced assessment JE93. The only change I'd make to that team (presuming Wheatley is fit enough to start) is start Saunders over Ainge. He did terrifically against Telford and for me, deserves another chance. But I see the case for starting Ainge too.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY