Scarborough / Walshaw

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

wizardofos
Team Supported: Darlington

Scarborough / Walshaw

Post by wizardofos » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:51 am

I notice Scarborough are well clear at the top of the Evo with James Walshaw the league's top scorer. It would be a nice trip next year.

spen666

Re: Scarborough / Walshaw

Post by spen666 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:35 am

wizardofos wrote:I notice Scarborough are well clear at the top of the Evo with James Walshaw the league's top scorer. It would be a nice trip next year.

Knowing the FA, if Scarborough do win promotion, they will put Scarborough in National League South and move Torquay to National League North!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:41 am

wizardofos wrote:I notice Scarborough are well clear at the top of the Evo with James Walshaw the league's top scorer. It would be a nice trip next year.
It would be nice to go to their new ground back in Scarborough.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:14 am

Proper football club, Scarborough. I see they've had a bounce in attendances since returning home also... something akin to what we would've liked, i suspect.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:33 am

H1987 wrote:Proper football club, Scarborough. I see they've had a bounce in attendances since returning home also... something akin to what we would've liked, i suspect.
We'd of had a bounce in crowds if we were top of the table.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:03 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
H1987 wrote:Proper football club, Scarborough. I see they've had a bounce in attendances since returning home also... something akin to what we would've liked, i suspect.
Reckon it would've made a difference if we had made it home a year earlier?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:56 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
You do remember we finished 5th that season??

Bad matchday experience and the fact we're viewed by many in the town as being a basket case of a club (three administrations and four different home stadiums in 13 years does that for you) are more of a factor.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:12 pm

We did manage to get 1,800 in for the final home game of that season, when all we had was hope of an appeal other than that it was the end of the season.

If we were still wining most weeks then we would be around that mark if not higher but we are not. If we are not winning then the ground doesn't exactly have that pull you along feeling.

It's going to take time and hard work to build us up again, as you say being a basket case for so long has massively reduced our hardcore.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:34 pm

If we had come home into our own stadium then we would be having larger crowds in my opinion even in our present position

Beano

Post by Beano » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:02 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
You do remember we finished 5th that season??

Bad matchday experience and the fact we're viewed by many in the town as being a basket case of a club (three administrations and four different home stadiums in 13 years does that for you) are more of a factor.
Totally this.