You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:12 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: What's happening?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:44 pm 

Team Supported: Darlington
Tommy won a cup match. Does he not know this is forbidden?

Post subject: Re: What's happening?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:24 am 

Interesting one that cup game. Obviously nobody's that bothered how we get on in that cup, but quite a few first tamers got a run out to build fitness, which is a bit risky but makes s but of sense. I think they were all, except glover, players who live locally though, which again sort of makes sense.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:23 am 

tdk1 wrote:
Interesting one that cup game. Obviously nobody's that bothered how we get on in that cup, but quite a few first tamers got a run out to build fitness, which is a bit risky but makes s but of sense. I think they were all, except glover, players who live locally though, which again sort of makes sense.

Pretty sure the cup rules state you have to play a percentage of players who have featured in recent first team games. So hence the selection. Pretty sure it’s why in the past we’ve bought youth team players on as subs in the past as we approached Durham Coubty Cup games.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:02 am 

I thought that was for things like the doodson. I thought the county Cup was different? Tw seems to be saying it was optional in the echo.

As always, there is a decent chance I'm wrong though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:47 am 

tdk1 wrote:
I thought that was for things like the doodson. I thought the county Cup was different? Tw seems to be saying it was optional in the echo.

As always, there is a decent chance I'm wrong though.

Actually you might be right.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:22 pm 

tdk1 wrote:

Let's hope we avoid Shildon (won 10-0) South Shields (won 11-0) and Consett (won 9-0) in Monday's draw, they seem to take it seriously! Good to see Harvey score again will do his confidence no harm at all.