New Kit Prices

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AlanSprouts
Team Supported: Darlington

New Kit Prices

Post by AlanSprouts » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:27 pm

Anyone got any idea how much the new kits are gonna be? Got to say that £36 a pop is a bit steep for League 2. Would we not sell more if they were price pointed at just under £30 ? Or how about a discount if you buy both home and away as I will be doing.

dfcchris

Re: New Kit Prices

Post by dfcchris » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:37 pm

I'm with you on that. I am undecided which one to buy but like them both so I too think an incentive if you buy them both would be good. Not to mention I have 2 kids buying them also. Loyal forever. Up the Darlo.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:38 pm

AlanSprouts wrote:Anyone got any idea how much the new kits are gonna be? Got to say that £36 a pop is a bit steep for League 2. Would we not sell more if they were price pointed at just under £30 ? Or how about a discount if you buy both home and away as I will be doing.
You'll find out in September.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Darlo_Fanatic

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:41 pm

Errea is very unreliable i have heard so think October that way you won't be disapointed
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

darlomilo

Post by darlomilo » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:44 am

you get 5% disscount with a season ticket on anything in the club shop

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:30 pm

£36 has become pretty much standard and I don't think the club should lower the prices unless they need to to stay inline with the rest of the League.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Child_in_Time

Post by Child_in_Time » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:12 pm

AlanSprouts wrote:Got to say that £36 a pop is a bit steep for League 2.
Why should a league 2 shirt be less expensive than any other? It's still a shirt which will cost the same to make as any other Errea shirt no matter what division the team play in.

Are you suggesting that we should make less profit on each shirt because we are in League 2? Good idea, that should help solve our financial problems!

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:59 pm

We're a niche market, it's not as though we're Man Utd ordering 100,000 shirts at a big bulk discount. By rights we should be paying more as less are produced.

£36 isn't bad, less than a quid a game to wear your team's colours, I'll probably end up getting both shirts though the away one looks shite.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:08 pm

It is the kids prices at £30 that is the killer. £36 and £20 would be better!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

AlanSprouts

Post by AlanSprouts » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:39 pm

Child_in_Time wrote:
Why should a league 2 shirt be less expensive than any other? It's still a shirt which will cost the same to make as any other Errea shirt no matter what division the team play in.

Are you suggesting that we should make less profit on each shirt because we are in League 2? Good idea, that should help solve our financial problems!
Far from it. Just seems to me that 1000 shirts sold at £16 mark-up (anyone any idea exactly how many sirts we sell?) for example would be better turned into 2000 shirts at £10 mark-up. More profit for club plus less arseholes wandering around town in Premershite tops.

mobi

Post by mobi » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:22 pm

AlanSprouts wrote:
Child_in_Time wrote:

Far from it. Just seems to me that 1000 shirts sold at £16 mark-up (anyone any idea exactly how many sirts we sell?) for example would be better turned into 2000 shirts at £10 mark-up. More profit for club plus less arseholes wandering around town in Premershite tops.
Of course you are right, but you're figures are pure fantasy. Cutting shirt prices by £6 would not lead to a 100% increase in sales, never would. We have a very small market, and I'm sure the people who work at the club will realise this.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:41 pm

Spyman wrote:£36 has become pretty much standard and I don't think the club should lower the prices unless they need to to stay inline with the rest of the League.
A valid point. The club would be better offering a deal for buying the whole kit, especially for kids, e.g. £50 for the shirt, shorts and socks or £60 for both shirts.

Personally I'd find £60 for both shirts quite an incentive to buy, but that is easy for me to say. Certainly, an adult and child combo deal could be considered.