Darlo Uncovered
http://darlofc.co.uk/forum/

Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering
http://darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36600
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bga [ Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/jack-va ... -pickering

I am getting bored with this now. I liked him the few games I saw him play, thought he looked composed and fit. Clearly though he is not in TW's plans?

Author:  shawry [ Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

Tbh there's little point him being part of our squad purely because he's 4th choice, he is better off on loan.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Author:  bga [ Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

It is Catch 22 isn't it this way he always remain 4th choice?

Author:  shawry [ Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

bga wrote:
It is Catch 22 isn't it this way he always remain 4th choice?
I get that, but it does him no favours keeping hold of him as he won't get game time, better to go on loan.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Author:  divas [ Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

The kid couldn’t get a game at Whitby and nor can he get in our team. I’m not sure why he’s made out to be some kind of superstar we’re refusing to play. The lad has had a decent couple of cameos but he’s not ready to be first, second or third choice

Author:  H1987 [ Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

As long as we have a recall option in case of injuries, I guess it’s ok.

I’d like to see some loans coming in, rather than going out. Our bench has been a joke lately.

Author:  PierremontQuaker03 [ Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

H1987 wrote:
As long as we have a recall option in case of injuries, I guess it’s ok.

I’d like to see some loans coming in, rather than going out. Our bench has been a joke lately.


Will be interesting to see who is on the bench, they seem to put academy players on their these days, and given that we have two games in quick succession I am not sure sending off Vaulks is a wise move. I can understand if he was sent out after the game on Tues as there is no game for a while.
I see Boston have brought in a player from Salford on loan, yet nothing from us - its almost that we dont want to push on and that we don't even want to have a go at getting into the playoffs.

Author:  shawry [ Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
H1987 wrote:
As long as we have a recall option in case of injuries, I guess it’s ok.

I’d like to see some loans coming in, rather than going out. Our bench has been a joke lately.


Will be interesting to see who is on the bench, they seem to put academy players on their these days, and given that we have two games in quick succession I am not sure sending off Vaulks is a wise move. I can understand if he was sent out after the game on Tues as there is no game for a while.
I see Boston have brought in a player from Salford on loan, yet nothing from us - its almost that we dont want to push on and that we don't even want to have a go at getting into the playoffs.
If you think the team is good enough to compete why would you bring a loan player in? We should really only do that if they are guaranteed game time, and as things stand we can't do that I guess. If we got an injury/suspension now then I'd expect to see some movement though (position dependent)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Author:  darlo reborn [ Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

To have better options from the bench if we need to change things and also give other people a rest when we have a few games in quick succesion

Author:  shawry [ Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

darlo reborn wrote:
To have better options from the bench if we need to change things and also give other people a rest when we have a few games in quick succesion
But we whinge when vaulks didn't get a game when on loan, so who do we expect to get on loan to sit on the bench? Alternatively why gamble on a player that you will play (to keep he owning club happy) and have a player you own sit on the bench when you know they are good enough.



Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Author:  darlo reborn [ Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

Who do we have on bench who can change a game nobody

Author:  HarrytheQuaker [ Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

And Vaulks would be a game changer??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Author:  HarrytheQuaker [ Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

darlo reborn wrote:
Who do we have on bench who can change a game nobody

What about Syers??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Author:  darlo reborn [ Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

They are people who are already in the squad I`m on about getting loan people instead of kids to give more options

Author:  shawry [ Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

darlo reborn wrote:
They are people who are already in the squad I`m on about getting loan people instead of kids to give more options
The point is you won't get anyone on loan to sit on the bench, not a game changer anyway, and if you get someone to go straight into the side you are devaluing our current players (ok possibly not a bad move) and they are going to want to move on if they are deemed not good enough.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Author:  banktopp [ Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
darlo reborn wrote:
Who do we have on bench who can change a game nobody

What about Syers??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Certainly changed it today when he came on, we were winning 2-0 before that.
I do hope the change was forced by an injury to Elliott, otherwise a very bad tactical decision by the manager.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk[/quote]

Author:  HarrytheQuaker [ Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

He didn't play today probably because it were the Fa Trophy and we don't want him cup tied for the later stages

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Author:  bga [ Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
He didn't play today probably because it were the Fa Trophy and we don't want him cup tied for the later stages

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Then he could have been on the bench for us and got some match day experiance? Though I accept we had Burn as cover for defenders.

Author:  jjljks [ Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

Does the player get any say in the proposed loan? I can see why someone may want to get a game every week, maintain fitness and gain experience, however surely this must be balanced against the need to provide cover on the already stretched squad?

Author:  D_F_C [ Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

He's at least 4th choice CB. Hughes, Galbraith, Burn (and even Trotman was drafted in as a CB the other week). He's clearly not going to play and is not likely to even get on the bench

There's also Collins to come back (if he ever does)

Author:  PierremontQuaker03 [ Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

jjljks wrote:
Does the player get any say in the proposed loan? I can see why someone may want to get a game every week, maintain fitness and gain experience, however surely this must be balanced against the need to provide cover on the already stretched squad?


I presume its a combination of Manager and Player. At the end of the day Vaulks does not want to be sat on the bench at his age - he needs to look after himself and make sure he does well for himself - football is a ruthless game and you can become surplus to requirements at any time.
My hope this time is that we have an emergency recall clause so we can get him back if required for a next game.

Author:  PierremontQuaker03 [ Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

D_F_C wrote:
He's at least 4th choice CB. Hughes, Galbraith, Burn (and even Trotman was drafted in as a CB the other week). He's clearly not going to play and is not likely to even get on the bench

There's also Collins to come back (if he ever does)


I will lay an egg if Collins plays again for us under Tommy Wright

Author:  Darlo_Pete [ Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

Ridiculous decision to send Vaulks off to Pickering. It's not as though they are just one league below us. Not sure what TW has against Vaulks, but wish they'd sort out their differences.

Author:  D_F_C [ Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Ridiculous decision to send Vaulks off to Pickering. It's not as though they are just one league below us. Not sure what TW has against Vaulks, but wish they'd sort out their differences.


He's about 6th choice CB. He isn't going to play, so how about game time. Unless you think he's first or second choice?

Author:  AndyPark [ Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Ridiculous decision to send Vaulks off to Pickering. It's not as though they are just one league below us. Not sure what TW has against Vaulks, but wish they'd sort out their differences.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Author:  jjljks [ Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

Pickering's next match is the FA Trophy, so hopefully Vaulks doesn't play else he is cup tied and our squad is stretched so he could not come back to play for us in that competition. Thought the idea was he gets to play some games? Bizarre decision to let him go just now.
Mind, we never go far in cups ;)

Author:  HarrytheQuaker [ Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vaulks goes on loan to Pickering

jjljks wrote:
Pickering's next match is the FA Trophy, so hopefully Vaulks doesn't play else he is cup tied and our squad is stretched so he could not come back to play for us in that competition. Thought the idea was he gets to play some games? Bizarre decision to let him go just now.
Mind, we never go far in cups ;)

He didn't play in the last round so hopefully he won't in this..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/