Blacklistings

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

mikkyx
Site Admin

Blacklistings

Post by mikkyx » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:28 pm

Received a few PMs about users being blacklisted when they try to post - the forum was attacked by a large amount of spam a few weeks back so I turned everything up to 11 to try and stop them - seems a few of you got caught up in the crossfire, apologies for that.

Have turned everything back down to pre-attack levels now, hopefully the spammers have gotten bored and gone elsewhere by now, and I can leave things turned down without anyone getting blacklisted. Keep the PMs coming it you're still affected, though.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

en passant
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blacklistings

Post by en passant » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:01 am

mikkyx wrote:Received a few PMs about users being blacklisted when they try to post - the forum was attacked by a large amount of spam a few weeks back so I turned everything up to 11 to try and stop them - seems a few of you got caught up in the crossfire, apologies for that.

Have turned everything back down to pre-attack levels now, hopefully the spammers have gotten bored and gone elsewhere by now, and I can leave things turned down without anyone getting blacklisted. Keep the PMs coming it you're still affected, though.
Thanks for the info. As one of those effected I did find it a bit odd that I had no ability to post for a few days, although I did think that it would have something to do with the series of spam messages you refer to. The message you get when you have been banned from posting does refer to your login/email as a potential source of spam and it does set your mind racing at what you may have done wrong to deserve the ban. I don't post very often but losing the ability to do so really brings it home how much you can come to rely on having a voice other than the shouty one used on match days. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

shawry

Post by shawry » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:36 am

The spam is back today though it seems:(

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:30 am

Appreciate your efforts Mikky, they seem to go quiet for a while and then attack en-masse.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:27 pm

Back again today Mickey, but only half a dozen so far. :roll:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:33 pm

There's a few more now.

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Appreciate your efforts Mikky, they seem to go quiet for a while and then attack en-masse.
so what the hell has 11000 posts been then ? your only bothered because your rugger thread has been done ...get a grip man ..admin have lives to lead

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:18 pm

Keep up the good work, whatever it is you do to remove them....I have no idea!