Vote of confidence

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Emdubya
Team Supported: Darlington

Vote of confidence

Post by Emdubya » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:00 pm

The dynamic duo have had the dreaded vote of confidence from the board according to Stods Twitter.
We’ll soon see if the usual outcome occurs.

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Vote of confidence

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:01 pm

We have a board?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:07 pm

According to John Tempest we do.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:00 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:We have a board?
Dontpay that much attention then, do you?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:15 am

Hopefully we'll now turn the corner, but it's going to be tough to get a result at Chester next Saturday.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:41 am

So the board think” these guys are passionate and will succeed ” ( quote from John tempest Twitter)
Well if these guys are so passionate why aren’t many of the players based on Fridays game. Some clearly were going through the motions and when went a goal down NOT ONE of them were shouting encouragement to each other, cajoling, etc they just stood on their own hands on hips. Exactly the same during the injury, their management team got the team in a group to instruct them. Ours just let them stand as individuals again doing nothing. But hey it seems like the board think the management team have plenty of passion so that’s ok then!
I honestly believe that any one of our previous 5 seasons teams would beat this one, with a glaring difference, called passion and commitment. If they want to see what passion looks like, watch the first 20 mins of the Whitby game. ....
Hate saying this, but totally frustrated with the whole club at moment, it’s just flat and on a downward spiral.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:12 am

In my opinion it wasn’t even an injury. The goal keeper went down just after their player got sent off and in the couple of minutes that followed, Telford looked rocky.

So..........keeper goes down “injured” - players regroup and get fresh instructions.

It was a clever management tactic that worked well, and as you point out Quakerlad, we as a team let this time drift away.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:30 am

Quakerlad wrote:So the board think” these guys are passionate and will succeed ” ( quote from John tempest Twitter)
Well if these guys are so passionate why aren’t many of the players based on Fridays game. Some clearly were going through the motions and when went a goal down NOT ONE of them were shouting encouragement to each other, cajoling, etc they just stood on their own hands on hips. Exactly the same during the injury, their management team got the team in a group to instruct them. Ours just let them stand as individuals again doing nothing. But hey it seems like the board think the management team have plenty of passion so that’s ok then!
I honestly believe that any one of our previous 5 seasons teams would beat this one, with a glaring difference, called passion and commitment. If they want to see what passion looks like, watch the first 20 mins of the Whitby game. ....
Hate saying this, but totally frustrated with the whole club at moment, it’s just flat and on a downward spiral.
It all feels a bit too pally.

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:55 am

The last thing a football manager usually needs is a vote of confidence from his board.
We know where that often leads.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:30 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:The last thing a football manager usually needs is a vote of confidence from his board.
TWexit :?:

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:00 pm

In reality the board aren’t going to come out and say he’s staying because we can’t afford to replace him at the moment. Just wonder if they will be as positive if we fail to beat Nuneaton in 2 weeks time.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:09 pm

dfc4me wrote:In reality the board aren’t going to come out and say he’s staying because we can’t afford to replace him at the moment. Just wonder if they will be as positive if we fail to beat Nuneaton in 2 weeks time.
I would predict silence if this happens.

Unfortunately because of recent events I have changed my views on T.W and A.W. however they can’t shoulder all the blame for Darlo flatlining.

Styche was sold, and now we rely on a young, inexperienced (doing very well) Harvey Saunders, and an out of sorts (not doing very well) Simon Ainge.

What’s the plan? Do our management team seriously have to make do with this?

Especially after fans raised big money in the BTB scheme?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:26 pm

The issue about confidence here is how much of it an effective manager can give his players, I wonder how many of them would vote for this pair given the choice. I notice Wright has started knocking them with weasel words about being 'too loyal'. Isn't that priceless ? If this 'board' is serious about the club it should dump tawdry Tommy. They could then give White a go - you couldn't say he lacks passion.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:38 pm

I'm very much in favour of a change, but I think you're going too far with the way you're talking about Tommy Wright here.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:02 pm

Whilst I'm not happy with things I'm sure Tommy doesn't want to be in this position. He's always ready to speak about stuff before and after games. Not sure this merits comments like "weasel words". Surely he was just saying that he's stuck with the players and it's not working so maybe it's time to look at some loans?

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:03 pm

Wiseacre wrote:The issue about confidence here is how much of it an effective manager can give his players, I wonder how many of them would vote for this pair given the choice. I notice Wright has started knocking them with weasel words about being 'too loyal'. Isn't that priceless ? If this 'board' is serious about the club it should dump tawdry Tommy. They could then give White a go - you couldn't say he lacks passion.
No need for some of your comments calling Tommy thick, crap and tawdry.Many have expressed opinions since the Telford game but no need for some of the stuff you are coming out with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:37 pm

quakerman wrote:
Wiseacre wrote:The issue about confidence here is how much of it an effective manager can give his players, I wonder how many of them would vote for this pair given the choice. I notice Wright has started knocking them with weasel words about being 'too loyal'. Isn't that priceless ? If this 'board' is serious about the club it should dump tawdry Tommy. They could then give White a go - you couldn't say he lacks passion.
No need for some of your comments calling Tommy thick, crap and tawdry.Many have expressed opinions since the Telford game but no need for some of the stuff you are coming out with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
From day one on here Wisearce has wanted rid of Wright and "bully boy" White in his words and to bring back Gray, for some reason perhaps they believe the words make the argument stronger.

Sadly it doesn't and makes you look like you have some kind of personal issue with the situation. Nothing wrong with people not supporting Wright/White at this point, it's an opinion and everyone has one, just back that up but as you say calling someone names isn't really the way.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:54 pm

From John Tempest's tweet I take that as the board are not looking to make a change and in theory hope that Wright gets a few results and keeps us away from the relegation zone.

This may not suit some but I think the target this season is keep out of trouble even if that's only constantly being a few points away and try to finish the season with a positive situation in terms of costs v revenues.

I will keep plodding down to BM and support the team but I don't think I am getting much back from them currently and the enjoyment has largely disappeared. Sadly I think a number of others will reduce attendance and this will spiral the financial challenges.

If things don't improve then I imagine by February it will change one way or another.

wizardofos

Post by wizardofos » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:10 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
I will keep plodding down to BM and support the team
This just about sums up how I feel as well

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:29 pm

I have and will support darlington fc for as long as I am able to, after more than 50 years watching darlington fc I think I've seen it all before. Keep the faith lads, be thankful to the guys that rescued the club from the Jaws of oblivion, yes we aren't very good at the moment but that can change, turn up support the team make as much noise as you can and help make a difference,
We are all managers in our heads, but couldn't put what is in our heads into practice on the field. You all know that we have good players it's getting them to gel which I think will happen. No matter how it goes I won't ditch darlington fc my home town club.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:01 pm

jjljks wrote:
Feethams 1966 wrote:The last thing a football manager usually needs is a vote of confidence from his board.
Quakerpete look away!
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:19 pm

I think we long standing supporters have become so used to the recent good times that we have forgotten the endless seasons at Feethams when all there was to look forward to was a scrap against relegation/reelection, watching rubbish football and regarding a draw as a good result.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:31 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
jjljks wrote:
Quakerpete look away!
NoBrexit - There, I've corrected the spelling for you! :D