You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:55 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Posts: 131
Team Supported: Darlington
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:
So Syers gone Collins gone, how’s the budget looking now! ?


if it's not looking extremely healthy I'll be flabbergasted.



It's looking like we need to cull another player, that's how the budget is looking.

_________________
TAFKAQ

@1883Of


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2339
Team Supported: Darlington
No that didnt occur to me during or after the Telford game because it just looked so similar to God knows how many other games this season when we werent shedding players... like the first game of the season.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:48 pm
Posts: 78
Team Supported: Darlington
So what the hell has happened for us to have to further cull the already depleted squad? The club does know that you need players to fulfill a fixture right? I'm absolutely fuming.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3568
Team Supported: Darlington
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
Issues between the dug-out and some of the more frustrated unhappy players have been clear to see.


:roll:

You're relentless man, relentless.

Has it not occurred to you that the reason we were so apathetic against Telford was because the players knew what was on the cards?

Syers isn't the last to go either.

Say what you like about TW, and I agree with a fair bit you say (but not all), but he's having to deal with constantly having to sell players. Having to, not wanting to, necessarily. How many is it now?

One good thing is that we are paying all of our bills on time. That's something new for this club.


Don’t players try to play well if they’re being watched by others clubs or get wind that they may be in for a move? Sort of like a tradition.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Posts: 131
Team Supported: Darlington
carlodarlo wrote:
So what the hell has happened for us to have to further cull the already depleted squad? The club does know that you need players to fulfill a fixture right? I'm absolutely fuming.


The club also knows that it needs to pay bills as well, and this is now something that is now being done by fluid budget management.

Up until this season we just were letting bills mount up and then asking fans to raise 50/60/70k most seasons to bail us out.

_________________
TAFKAQ

@1883Of


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:48 pm
Posts: 78
Team Supported: Darlington
I just can't understand how we can't seem to fund a squad at this level with our support and all the money that has been raised when far smaller clubs than us can. We must be paying some of these lads a small fortune.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Posts: 131
Team Supported: Darlington
carlodarlo wrote:
I just can't understand how we can't seem to fund a squad at this level with our support and all the money that has been raised when far smaller clubs than us can. We must be paying some of these lads a small fortune.


Our budget was set at around 250k which we understood to be competitive. Some of the players no doubt will be on very good part time money, but that's all pretty irrelevant as long as the total wages paid don't add up to more than the budget.

Some of these far smaller clubs have benefactors with deep pockets don't forget.

But regarding the budget, it does look to me like the club is realising that it can't meet the agreed budget due to finances being less than forecast.

Hence letting players go to balance the books.

In previous seasons we would have muddled along and let the bills pile up before in Jan/Feb declaring that we need may thousands of pounds raising by fans just to see the season out. That was getting embarrassing.

_________________
TAFKAQ

@1883Of


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1328
Team Supported: Darlington
So who actually knows what? The rumours are that Syers has gone. Has O'Hanlon been told he has to leave too? And are we getting replacement players, because if we replace these 2 with academy players, then we are in the shite.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Posts: 1141
Team Supported: Darlington
A recently departed player, signed by Wright, was allegedly on £900 per week, with another, still at the club, on £700.

If this is true, it’s madness.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 1178
Team Supported: Darlington
Syers was the one lad who could come off the bench and add a threat to our attack. Really sorry to see him go, but good luck to him for the future. I don't like all the rumours flying about which could all be nipped in the bud by getting such announcements up on our web-site immediately. Surely this is something our new Commercial Director could do in their spare time?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Posts: 131
Team Supported: Darlington
Seeing as though it's all now out in the open we might as well discuss what has been going on
- apparently its Syers to Farsley and O'Halon to Kidderminster, obviously as well as Collins going.

The O'Hanlon deal I'm hearing has hit a snag so he's not going just yet.

Regarding O'Hanlon though, I very much doubt it was Tommy's idea to get rid of him because he rates him. To be honest Kidderminster is a brilliant move for O'Hanlon because it would be full time football much closer to home. So it may well be (I'm just guessing here mind) that we don't want to stand in his way, rather than we have to sell him.

Whether we get replacements for these guys will depend on the reason for them going. Is it to break even? In that case, probably not. Or have they gone for other reasons? If so you would imagine yes they will be replaced on way or another, using the money saved on their wages.

_________________
TAFKAQ

@1883Of


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1328
Team Supported: Darlington
I thought that the paying OTT money had stopped when MG left. Clearly not. Maybe we had to overspend after TW came in or we would have gone down. It now looks like there may be a wage cap on players coming in after the end of last season.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1448
Team Supported: Darlington
Vodka_Vic wrote:
So who actually knows what? The rumours are that Syers has gone. Has O'Hanlon been told he has to leave too? And are we getting replacement players, because if we replace these 2 with academy players, then we are in the shite.
But this is what's getting fans backs up, nothing is coming out of the club regarding finances or looking to bring replacements in.Not enjoying this one little bit, for god's sake someone from the club step forward and say something.Also noticed no interview with Tommy which we always get on Thursday after training or have I missed it.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7826
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
Beano wrote:
A recently departed player, signed by Wright, was allegedly on £900 per week, with another, still at the club, on £700.

If this is true, it’s madness.


Doesn’t sound very true to be honest as simply maths says that would blow our budget with only a few players.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Posts: 131
Team Supported: Darlington
Beano wrote:
A recently departed player, signed by Wright, was allegedly on £900 per week, with another, still at the club, on £700.

If this is true, it’s madness.


It's probably not true.

You know how people always add a couple of hundred on to the real figures? That's probably the case here. I heard a recently departed player was on 700 not 900.

There may be a handful of players on 500 or so and to be honest that would be affordable from a 250k ish budget if the squad is relatively small - £500 a week over 40 weeks is 20k.

_________________
TAFKAQ

@1883Of


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7826
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
jjljks wrote:
I don't like all the rumours flying about which could all be nipped in the bud by getting such announcements up on our web-site immediately. Surely this is something our new Commercial Director could do in their spare time?


I suspect they are planning a proper release once news is actually confirmed. The club aren’t staffed to respond to leaks and rumours as and when it happens.

Announcements can’t be made until there is an announcement to make “we might or might not be selling this player” is not a particularly informative announcement.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3568
Team Supported: Darlington
jjljks wrote:
Syers was the one lad who could come off the bench and add a threat to our attack. Really sorry to see him go, but good luck to him for the future. I don't like all the rumours flying about which could all be nipped in the bud by getting such announcements up on our web-site immediately. Surely this is something our new Commercial Director could do in their spare time?


Agreed.

And re Quakerz post above - IF we sell O’Hanlon too and IF we don’t replace these two players with suitable replacements then this is utter madness.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Posts: 131
Team Supported: Darlington
Vodka_Vic wrote:
I thought that the paying OTT money had stopped when MG left. Clearly not.


You can't say clearly not when none of us know the exact facts.

What is a fact is that the budget Gray was given was 334k, this has been reduced not increased, and it was only due to the BTB that it was set at approx 250k this year.

I mean I suppose it's possible that we've exceeded that budget, rather than us not having enough money to meet the agreed budget, or maybe both - but unless we get to see the books we don't know for certain.

_________________
TAFKAQ

@1883Of


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 256
Location: 53°22'N, 0°01'W
Team Supported: Darlington FC
This is the reality of being sustainable at this level. We have to have a revolving door to balance our books as we’ve no sugar daddy to approach for a few extra quid when we feel the need. This will keep happening unless we chase dirty cash or get our off-field revenue stream gushing


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:36 pm 
Online

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5093
Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Also noticed no interview with Tommy which we always get on Thursday after training or have I missed it.

You've missed it - its there on the official site

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 2417
Team Supported: Darlington
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Seeing as though it's all now out in the open we might as well discuss what has been going on
- apparently its Syers to Farsley and O'Halon to Kidderminster, obviously as well as Collins going.

The O'Hanlon deal I'm hearing has hit a snag so he's not going just yet.

Regarding O'Hanlon though, I very much doubt it was Tommy's idea to get rid of him because he rates him. To be honest Kidderminster is a brilliant move for O'Hanlon because it would be full time football much closer to home. So it may well be (I'm just guessing here mind) that we don't want to stand in his way, rather than we have to sell him.

Whether we get replacements for these guys will depend on the reason for them going. Is it to break even? In that case, probably not. Or have they gone for other reasons? If so you would imagine yes they will be replaced on way or another, using the money saved on their wages.

Not many in the shed rated him, they have been slagging the lad off the last 2 game.. Fecking unbelievable

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2339
Team Supported: Darlington
Also emphasises the fall-out from the abject failure in the cups... yet again. AND the fall-out from dwindling attendances caused by the absolutely appalling home form over a long period.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Posts: 131
Team Supported: Darlington
Yeah alright, we get it man.

_________________
TAFKAQ

@1883Of


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2339
Team Supported: Darlington
Wasn't sure whether I'd made that point before :x


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Posts: 131
Team Supported: Darlington
Once or twice I think ;)

_________________
TAFKAQ

@1883Of


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Posts: 43
Team Supported: Darlington
Styche gone, Syers gone, crowds dwindling.

Race to the bottom :cry:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 1178
Team Supported: Darlington
lo36789 wrote:
jjljks wrote:
I don't like all the rumours flying about which could all be nipped in the bud by getting such announcements up on our web-site immediately. Surely this is something our new Commercial Director could do in their spare time?


I suspect they are planning a proper release once news is actually confirmed. The club aren’t staffed to respond to leaks and rumours as and when it happens.

Announcements can’t be made until there is an announcement to make “we might or might not be selling this player” is not a particularly informative announcement.


I don't want someone from the club to confirm or deny rumours, just get the club's official pronouncement out as soon as the ink is dry on the contracts. I know we aren't a full-time club, but to post an update on the website asap is not a career requiring a masters degree in IT.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1448
Team Supported: Darlington
Quaker85 wrote:
Styche gone, Syers gone, crowds dwindling.

Race to the bottom :cry:
If we fail to add to the squad then relegation is an absolute certainty.Really hope we bring loan signings in and try and put a positive spin on things as this is too depressing for words.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:03 pm
Posts: 221
Team Supported: Darlington
Syers was one of our better players but has spent most of this season either on the bench or, with a couple of exceptions, played out of position its hardly surprising he was unhappy and may have wanted away. For O’Hanlon the travel from Telford for training and home matches must be a nightmare for him so a move nearer home would be sensible. However we need not only to free up wages so we can bring in replacements but also get transfer fees for contracted players which can go towards balancing the books.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11479
Team Supported: Darlington
Styche and Syers - both accountants aren't they?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group