You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:12 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2339
Team Supported: Darlington
Overall it's clear TW wasn't keen on Syers as in the main this season he didn't use him very much. Syers knew that and didn't seem very happy about warming the bench most of the time so I think the move obviously suits him because he wants to play football regularly.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3568
Team Supported: Darlington
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
50 years wrote:
Syres I felt was our best player. Covered virtually every blade of grass against Telford and still looked the most dangerous player. Some one mentioned that Alan W had a go at him during the match and he responded back so may be he has just had enough of being on the bench and clearly not appreciated. Big miss as I really like him in the team. Something not right at the moment and those at the top now need to explain what is going wrong as I am totally confused.


Syers didn’t have a good game last Friday night, he cocked up passes, fumbled opportunities and generally looked out of sorts.

The rest of your post I agree with, especially about the lack of communication coming from the club - which is surprising after all we’ve been through over the last few years.

And he deserves to go because of one game .. Give it a rest FFS

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Of course he doesn't "deserve to go because of one game" I never wrote any such thing - are you drunk?

And as for you Gramps, I only pointed out that Syers had a bad game on Friday night, which he did - I then wrote that I agreed with 50 years post, which praises him (Syers) - are you drunk too?

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 4155
Team Supported: Darlington
While it's concerning that clearly the money coming into the club isn't as much as first budgeted for, at least the board are taking proactive steps to deal with it now. As others have mentioned, the need for annual bail-outs from fans was getting embarrassing.

This however does make things considerably harder on the pitch. With Syers and O'Hanlon going, we're even shorter on bodies and experience (less so Collins because he was always bloody injured). We'll see next week presumably who, if anyone, is coming into the club, but my word do we need reinforcements, particularly as we come to the busy and draining Christmas period.

However one negative from my point of view, it provides TW and those who think he should stay with a perfect excuse. "He's having to deal with budget reductions etc etc" will be the familiar refrain.

Now while it is a factor, it shouldn't be used to excuse what happens on the pitch. We all expect to see a coherent tactical plan, a semblance of organisation, players putting in effort, working for their manager, rather than squabbling. Squad departures have little bearing on that.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 4155
Team Supported: Darlington
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
50 years wrote:
Syres I felt was our best player. Covered virtually every blade of grass against Telford and still looked the most dangerous player. Some one mentioned that Alan W had a go at him during the match and he responded back so may be he has just had enough of being on the bench and clearly not appreciated. Big miss as I really like him in the team. Something not right at the moment and those at the top now need to explain what is going wrong as I am totally confused.


Syers didn’t have a good game last Friday night, he cocked up passes, fumbled opportunities and generally looked out of sorts.

The rest of your post I agree with, especially about the lack of communication coming from the club - which is surprising after all we’ve been through over the last few years.

And he deserves to go because of one game .. Give it a rest FFS

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Of course he doesn't "deserve to go because of one game" I never wrote any such thing - are you drunk?

And as for you Gramps, I only pointed out that Syers had a bad game on Friday night, which he did - I then wrote that I agreed with 50 years post, which praises him (Syers) - are you drunk too?


Now if I'd posted something like "are you drunk?" you'd be throwing a hissy fit about me getting personal. Very uncalled for. Don't start getting upset because you've been called out for making a bad post.

The point is your were being daft in singling out Syers for one bad performance when A) he wasn't the only one and B) he's been, by general consensus, exceptionally consistent in the 80+ games he's played for us.

Why focus on one negative for Syers, when there are a lot of positives? It doesn't come across at all that you were trying to praise him.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 2542
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
50 years wrote:
Syres I felt was our best player. Covered virtually every blade of grass against Telford and still looked the most dangerous player. Some one mentioned that Alan W had a go at him during the match and he responded back so may be he has just had enough of being on the bench and clearly not appreciated. Big miss as I really like him in the team. Something not right at the moment and those at the top now need to explain what is going wrong as I am totally confused.


Syers didn’t have a good game last Friday night, he cocked up passes, fumbled opportunities and generally looked out of sorts.

The rest of your post I agree with, especially about the lack of communication coming from the club - which is surprising after all we’ve been through over the last few years.

And he deserves to go because of one game .. Give it a rest FFS

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Of course he doesn't "deserve to go because of one game" I never wrote any such thing - are you drunk?

And as for you Gramps, I only pointed out that Syers had a bad game on Friday night, which he did - I then wrote that I agreed with 50 years post, which praises him (Syers) - are you drunk too?


Now if I'd posted something like "are you drunk?" you'd be throwing a hissy fit about me getting personal. Very uncalled for. Don't start getting upset because you've been called out for making a bad post.

The point is your were being daft in singling out Syers for one bad performance when A) he wasn't the only one and B) he's been, by general consensus, exceptionally consistent in the 80+ games he's played for us.

Why focus on one negative for Syers, when there are a lot of positives? It doesn't come across at all that you were trying to praise him.
Surely the comment about his performance was in response to the comment about him covering every blade of grass etc?

Not really a dig at all, just a response to what appeared praising what was a poor performance (No need to mention the rest of the team as it was a direct response about an individual)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 1049
Team Supported: Darlington
Syers was on £800 a week FACT was never worth that....another MG mistake. Right decision to get rid.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3568
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
Now if I'd posted something like "are you drunk?" you'd be throwing a hissy fit about me getting personal. Very uncalled for. Don't start getting upset because you've been called out for making a bad post.

The point is your were being daft in singling out Syers for one bad performance when A) he wasn't the only one and B) he's been, by general consensus, exceptionally consistent in the 80+ games he's played for us.

Why focus on one negative for Syers, when there are a lot of positives? It doesn't come across at all that you were trying to praise him.



I like Syers.

He's one of my favourite players.

I'm not happy that he's gone.

This thread is about him.

I pointed out that he had a bad game on Friday.

Which he did.

So did other team members.

But this thread is about him (see above)

I hope this makes things clear.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 4155
Team Supported: Darlington
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Now if I'd posted something like "are you drunk?" you'd be throwing a hissy fit about me getting personal. Very uncalled for. Don't start getting upset because you've been called out for making a bad post.

The point is your were being daft in singling out Syers for one bad performance when A) he wasn't the only one and B) he's been, by general consensus, exceptionally consistent in the 80+ games he's played for us.

Why focus on one negative for Syers, when there are a lot of positives? It doesn't come across at all that you were trying to praise him.



I like Syers.

He's one of my favourite players.

I'm not happy that he's gone.

This thread is about him.

I pointed out that he had a bad game on Friday.

Which he did.

So did other team members.

But this thread is about him (see above)

I hope this makes things clear.


Seems I've very much touched a nerve. But at least you've proved you can do it! Maybe try being clear first time around next time. There's a good lad.

FWIW - I thought Syers was one of our better performers in a wretched team display against Telford. At least he looked like he gave a stuff, which is why I thought your criticism of him was harsh and unfair.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:17 pm
Posts: 186
Team Supported: Darlington
wizardofos wrote:
The new Commercial Manager's salary has to be found from somewhere.
In reality, selling all the advertising boards around the ground @ £500 apiece plus a few extra match sponsorships isn't even going to pay a basic wage.
I'm assuming a capable individual is going to want a minimum of £25k a year otherwise they might as well get themselves an HGV licence and earn substantially more.



So we have got a Commercial Manager to improve our income streams to get us to a better financial footing, which, as everyone agrees, is an important need for the club to develop. But the adjunct to this is, can the CM produce enough revenue to cover his salary and generate significant income beyond this to justify his appointment? If the CM can't do this then his appointment is not helping the club as it takes out more than it delivers, which on such small margins that we operate on can only damage the club. Now our CM hasn't been in post very long and it is probably too soon to say if the sums will eventually justify this appointment. But it may have already had the unintended impact of forcing the release of players to help balance the books in the here and now.

Maybe there was no requirement to have cup runs when the budget was set at the start of the season, as everything was within the money raised pre-season, but the additional load placed on the finances by appointing a CM possibly made the need for cup success less than a nice to have but more of a necessity. It might explain why Styche had to go after the FA Cup exit and further departures are now happening in the wake of Trophy failure. So we cover the cost of the CM, not by the means he was appointed to achieve, but by cutting the playing staff.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7826
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
bga wrote:
Syers was on £800 a week FACT was never worth that....another MG mistake. Right decision to get rid.


Well...caps lock fact means it must be true.

Every player seems to be on £800+ this seems incredibly unlikely otherwise we would only have 7 players.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:54 am
Posts: 85
Team Supported: Darlington
It’s just a complete mess, we have sold basically many of our best players, Heaton, Turnbull, Gillies, Styche, Syers, O’Hanlon, presumably all bringing in cash, with some decent amounts among them . We received an extra £20k for the goal celebration, the fans raised £80k, and we are still averaging nearly 1500 in gates YET we continue to have to sell players for financial reasons. Are you kidding, what is going on!

What on earth was the average gate used in this seasons budget predictions, it must have been a lot higher than 1500 which quite honestly is ridiculous and someone should answer these questions for us. We were told that cup runs had not been included and would be a bonus, so that’s out of the equation.

We are down to what is probably the smallest squad in the league which needs some explaining and thinking a couple of young kids on loan will get us out of this mess will just not happen.

And by the way, this does not get TW off the hook because it is largely down to him in my opinion why on the field we are also so poor.

Thing is, we really care about our club and these type of rants are born out of pure frustration and lack of communication so come on management team, talk to us!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:17 pm
Posts: 186
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakerlad wrote:
It’s just a complete mess, we have sold basically many of our best players, Heaton, Turnbull, Gillies, Styche, Syers, O’Hanlon, presumably all bringing in cash, with some decent amounts among them . We received an extra £20k for the goal celebration, the fans raised £80k, and we are still averaging nearly 1500 in gates YET we continue to have to sell players for financial reasons. Are you kidding, what is going on!

What on earth was the average gate used in this seasons budget predictions, it must have been a lot higher than 1500 which quite honestly is ridiculous and someone should answer these questions for us. We were told that cup runs had not been included and would be a bonus, so that’s out of the equation.

We are down to what is probably the smallest squad in the league which needs some explaining and thinking a couple of young kids on loan will get us out of this mess will just not happen.

And by the way, this does not get TW off the hook because it is largely down to him in my opinion why on the field we are also so poor.

Thing is, we really care about our club and these type of rants are born out of pure frustration and lack of communication so come on management team, talk to us!


Well after a fairly negative reaction on this site to being dumped out of another cup a week ago I was still of a mind that we should wait and see how the next few league games go before twitching over the panic button, but this latest news can't help but knock the faith of the most optimistic supporter. The club surely reads the posts made on here and can see the level of disquiet that last Friday's result delivered. So you would think that they would be moving heaven and earth to get some good news feeds onto the official site. We got the news of Harvey's new contract and TW's positive reaction to this and the belief that our reasonable away form might allow us to cancel some of the gloom with a result at Chester. But no, the club has completely swept the legs from underneath any of that by an announcement that makes no effort to get some much needed positivity flowing. And I do wonder what impact this will have on the fragile confidence of the remaining team members.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12527
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakerlad wrote:
It’s just a complete mess, we have sold basically many of our best players, Heaton, Turnbull, Gillies, Styche, Syers, O’Hanlon, presumably all bringing in cash, with some decent amounts among them . We received an extra £20k for the goal celebration, the fans raised £80k, and we are still averaging nearly 1500 in gates YET we continue to have to sell players for financial reasons. Are you kidding, what is going on!

What on earth was the average gate used in this seasons budget predictions, it must have been a lot higher than 1500 which quite honestly is ridiculous and someone should answer these questions for us. We were told that cup runs had not been included and would be a bonus, so that’s out of the equation.

We are down to what is probably the smallest squad in the league which needs some explaining and thinking a couple of young kids on loan will get us out of this mess will just not happen.

And by the way, this does not get TW off the hook because it is largely down to him in my opinion why on the field we are also so poor.

Thing is, we really care about our club and these type of rants are born out of pure frustration and lack of communication so come on management team, talk to us!


The answer to what’s going on is in your post. Last seasons team was hugely expensive - even with a big cut this season it’s still too expensive so shows just how crazy last season was and why it swallowed up all of that income that came after it. Without that income we’d have been gone. You keep bringing this up, either you’re failing to realise that just because income comes in after the cost has been incurred it doesn’t mean it’s not going to pay off previous debts. There’s really nothing more too it. Accounts should be available soon and then maybe we won’t have to read the same post every few days. It’s almost like your insinuating some kind of wrongdoing but won’t actually say it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3568
Team Supported: Darlington
lo36789 wrote:
bga wrote:
Syers was on £800 a week FACT was never worth that....another MG mistake. Right decision to get rid.


Well...caps lock fact means it must be true.

Every player seems to be on £800+ this seems incredibly unlikely otherwise we would only have 7 players.


I simply don't believe this £800/£900 a week stuff - and Farsley are going to match this?

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3568
Team Supported: Darlington
divas wrote:
Quakerlad wrote:
It’s just a complete mess, we have sold basically many of our best players, Heaton, Turnbull, Gillies, Styche, Syers, O’Hanlon, presumably all bringing in cash, with some decent amounts among them . We received an extra £20k for the goal celebration, the fans raised £80k, and we are still averaging nearly 1500 in gates YET we continue to have to sell players for financial reasons. Are you kidding, what is going on!

What on earth was the average gate used in this seasons budget predictions, it must have been a lot higher than 1500 which quite honestly is ridiculous and someone should answer these questions for us. We were told that cup runs had not been included and would be a bonus, so that’s out of the equation.

We are down to what is probably the smallest squad in the league which needs some explaining and thinking a couple of young kids on loan will get us out of this mess will just not happen.

And by the way, this does not get TW off the hook because it is largely down to him in my opinion why on the field we are also so poor.

Thing is, we really care about our club and these type of rants are born out of pure frustration and lack of communication so come on management team, talk to us!


The answer to what’s going on is in your post. Last seasons team was hugely expensive - even with a big cut this season it’s still too expensive so shows just how crazy last season was and why it swallowed up all of that income that came after it. Without that income we’d have been gone. You keep bringing this up, either you’re failing to realise that just because income comes in after the cost has been incurred it doesn’t mean it’s not going to pay off previous debts. There’s really nothing more too it. Accounts should be available soon and then maybe we won’t have to read the same post every few days. It’s almost like your insinuating some kind of wrongdoing but won’t actually say it.


That could well be a good explanation divas - but wouldn't it be better coming from the club? See Quakerlad's last paragraph.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 11084
Team Supported: Darlington
bga wrote:
Syers was on £800 a week FACT was never worth that....another MG mistake. Right decision to get rid.


If that was the case, then it's a no brainer to let him go, as he wasn't an automatic first team choice. Those type of wages are really full time wages, which clearly given our current final position we can't afford.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 119
Team Supported: Darlington
The accounts to 30th June 2018 will be very interesting.

In year ending 30th June 2016 we posted a loss of £176,000, with coincidentally a spend on players wages of £176,000. Of course it's not a simple as this, but: you could argue that we had nothing to spend on wages that year.
In year ending 30th June 2017 we posted a loss of £158,000, with a spend on players wages of £245,000.
The new accounts will also include a full year at BM for the first time, with the reported higher rental figures and extra paid stewarding at each match. If we haven't recorded another loss it will be a miracle.

The above gives a flavour of what those in charge are trying to turn round.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Posts: 391
Team Supported: Darlington
divas wrote:
Quakerlad wrote:
It’s just a complete mess, we have sold basically many of our best players, Heaton, Turnbull, Gillies, Styche, Syers, O’Hanlon, presumably all bringing in cash, with some decent amounts among them . We received an extra £20k for the goal celebration, the fans raised £80k, and we are still averaging nearly 1500 in gates YET we continue to have to sell players for financial reasons. Are you kidding, what is going on!

What on earth was the average gate used in this seasons budget predictions, it must have been a lot higher than 1500 which quite honestly is ridiculous and someone should answer these questions for us. We were told that cup runs had not been included and would be a bonus, so that’s out of the equation.

We are down to what is probably the smallest squad in the league which needs some explaining and thinking a couple of young kids on loan will get us out of this mess will just not happen.

And by the way, this does not get TW off the hook because it is largely down to him in my opinion why on the field we are also so poor.

Thing is, we really care about our club and these type of rants are born out of pure frustration and lack of communication so come on management team, talk to us!


The answer to what’s going on is in your post. Last seasons team was hugely expensive - even with a big cut this season it’s still too expensive so shows just how crazy last season was and why it swallowed up all of that income that came after it. Without that income we’d have been gone. You keep bringing this up, either you’re failing to realise that just because income comes in after the cost has been incurred it doesn’t mean it’s not going to pay off previous debts. There’s really nothing more too it. Accounts should be available soon and then maybe we won’t have to read the same post every few days. It’s almost like your insinuating some kind of wrongdoing but won’t actually say it.



If that was the case and last season ‘even with cuts ‘ was to expensive then however painful it might of been at the time should of been dealt with preseason not mid season, unless we were hoping for a cup run, but that can’t be it as we have never budgeted for one.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2339
Team Supported: Darlington
It really is all about communication now. I have never expected a blow by blow account of every little detail surrounding the club. But as a group of fans we have been praised for rallying round every single time this club has faced a challenge and always been there to pull things out of the bag whether by buying extended season tickets, paying for infrastructure or buying shares.

So if the club has hit a brick wall that requires emergency action or if things have to be rejigged in a major way on the playing side due to new circumstances then I think we should just be told what is happening and why. The lack of proper communication has only led to speculation, rumour and misinformation swirling around. A lot of that could have been avoided and I also think people have an expectation that as a fan-owned club it would, and should, be done differently. It's just too big an issue to be allowed to drift along without a proper explanation in this way and will damage the club... in fact that is already happening.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:54 am
Posts: 85
Team Supported: Darlington
The answer to what’s going on is in your post. Last seasons team was hugely expensive - even with a big cut this season it’s still too expensive so shows just how crazy last season was and why it swallowed up all of that income that came after it. Without that income we’d have been gone. You keep bringing this up, either you’re failing to realise that just because income comes in after the cost has been incurred it doesn’t mean it’s not going to pay off previous debts. There’s really nothing more too it. Accounts should be available soon and then maybe we won’t have to read the same post every few days. It’s almost like your insinuating some kind of wrongdoing but won’t actually say it.

Divas, I am not insinuating any wrong doing at all, and certainly don’t think that.

In February at the Dolphin centre DJ told us he needed £50k to “ pay off all the old debt once and for all and put the club on a sound financial footing”. We the fans duly obliged!

All I keep repeating now, and yes it may be getting boring to you, is how given the above statement PLUS all the other extra income from transfers etc since then and the prudent financial management he said was now in place, can we possibly be in such a mess.

I think we deserve a proper explanation that’s all, and at the moment the communication is really poor.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1328
Team Supported: Darlington
A couple of points to build on previous posts.
1. Gramps says that People now have a ready made excuse as to why TW should stay. I'll also add that it certainly won't help our profile if we were to look for a replacement. Who would want to come here as manager at the moment?
2. Responding to WOO's loss figures, how the hell did we turn those numbers around?
3. I just wonder what predictions were made when planning to come to BM/agreeing to rent figures etc. Could it be that the expectations were that we would have much higher crowds, closer to 2,000, so our profit margins are much much lower than expected and indeed are losses. Anyone know what the predictions were? If it was closer to 2,000 then this might explain our bigger initial budgets which we're now having to adjust with smaller crowds, and if it remains the same in the future then will make it very difficult to afford even the NLN.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3568
Team Supported: Darlington
I'm sure I remember reading that the crowd predictions were sensible. 1400 to 1500 I think.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 2542
Team Supported: Darlington
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
I'm sure I remember reading that the crowd predictions were sensible. 1400 to 1500 I think.
Wasn't our average less than 1500 last year?

Surely history would say go lower than the previous season and use extra to bolster later?



Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5093
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
It really is all about communication now. I have never expected a blow by blow account of every little detail surrounding the club. But as a group of fans we have been praised for rallying round every single time this club has faced a challenge and always been there to pull things out of the bag whether by buying extended season tickets, paying for infrastructure or buying shares.

So if the club has hit a brick wall that requires emergency action or if things have to be rejigged in a major way on the playing side due to new circumstances then I think we should just be told what is happening and why. The lack of proper communication has only led to speculation, rumour and misinformation swirling around. A lot of that could have been avoided and I also think people have an expectation that as a fan-owned club it would, and should, be done differently. It's just too big an issue to be allowed to drift along without a proper explanation in this way and will damage the club... in fact that is already happening.


Good post. I'm not one who believes that because we're fan owned have to know every detail, but it's clear that something isn't quite as expected behind the scenes. Time for an update of some description

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1328
Team Supported: Darlington
I know the crowd predictions for this coming season were 1400-1500, but were they also that in early 2016 when we were planning to come home?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7826
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
Vodka_Vic wrote:
3. I just wonder what predictions were made when planning to come to BM/agreeing to rent figures etc. Could it be that the expectations were that we would have much higher crowds, closer to 2,000, so our profit margins are much much lower than expected and indeed are losses. Anyone know what the predictions were? If it was closer to 2,000 then this might explain our bigger initial budgets which we're now having to adjust with smaller crowds, and if it remains the same in the future then will make it very difficult to afford even the NLN.


I think this isn’t too far of the mark tbh. The expectation / anticipation was that crowds would increase not decrease on returning to Darlington.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 4155
Team Supported: Darlington
Vodka_Vic wrote:
A couple of points to build on previous posts.
1. Gramps says that People now have a ready made excuse as to why TW should stay. I'll also add that it certainly won't help our profile if we were to look for a replacement. Who would want to come here as manager at the moment?


Plenty of people. You always get out of work managers etc applying, regardless of the circumstance. Whether these are the right candidates is a different matter
but the idea no one at all would want the job is incorrect.

TW's performance needs to be judged on how we perform on the pitch. I still expect to see effective tactical plans, coherent strategy, sensible formations which fit our squad, and motivated players. The departures of people who are largely fringe players (with the exception of Styche - O'Hanlon is technically still with us), doesn't change that.

So if we judge that Wright isn't achieving this, complaining about departures isn't an excuse. I still expect to see commitment, effort and some level of tactical coherence.

Nor should he be kept by default, which is in essence what you're arguing ("no one wants it, so you have to keep Wright" is a bad argument). We judge Wright on his merits for the job and whether he can take us forward.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1328
Team Supported: Darlington
Just doing some maths too. Our budget is estimated at being around 250k. We currently have 14 first teamers, this including Vaulks and Glover. This 250k includes 80+ BTB. If BTB doesn't raise as much as expected for next year, and with the best will in the world it probably won't, if we have around 210k assuming a squad of 16, the do the maths. Ouch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1328
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
A couple of points to build on previous posts.
1. Gramps says that People now have a ready made excuse as to why TW should stay. I'll also add that it certainly won't help our profile if we were to look for a replacement. Who would want to come here as manager at the moment?


Plenty of people. You always get out of work managers etc applying, regardless of the circumstance. Whether these are the right candidates is a different matter
but the idea no one at all would want the job is incorrect.

TW's performance needs to be judged on how we perform on the pitch. I still expect to see effective tactical plans, coherent strategy, sensible formations which fit our squad, and motivated players. The departures of people who are largely fringe players (with the exception of Styche - O'Hanlon is technically still with us), doesn't change that.

So if we judge that Wright isn't achieving this, complaining about departures isn't an excuse. I still expect to see commitment, effort and some level of tactical coherence.

Nor should he be kept by default, which is in essence what you're arguing ("no one wants it, so you have to keep Wright" is a bad argument). We judge Wright on his merits for the job and whether he can take us forward.


Gramps, I'm agreeing with you on this point and adding to it. Why are you saying I'm arguing it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dave Syers gone
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3568
Team Supported: Darlington
Somebody remind me - do our players get paid over 52 weeks, or the football season?

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group