statement from the club

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

banktopp
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: statement from the club

Post by banktopp » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:50 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
al_quaker wrote:Fair enough statement - its good that there is a proactive step to address financial issues rather than a cash call come the end of the season. I am struggling to understand how gate receipts are below budget when we are averaging a not unexpected 1457 - maybe we've more concessions than expected or something like that.

I'm looking forwards, albeit with some trepidation, to finding out about the two options for the long term future. This is absolutely key - I feel we're in desperate need of some sort of medium term plan for the club people can rally around
Just a guess here but probably a) stay at BM, move the pipe and properly develop the main stand and open end, which would cost millions, and b) move to the Arena site as part of the sporting village and try and build a suitable ground on site from scratch, which would cost millions.

Cheapest option would be to stay and not move the pipe, and try and develop what little available area we have but I don't think we could get it to league standard.
Moving the pipe is a definate no. £1 million wasted money.
We move the pitch 10yds away from tin shed so the pipe then very nearly runs diagonally corner to corner. This allows a third seating module to be added to the two we already have and the three modules will then be roughly central to the half way line.
The tin shed is then moved to behind the other goal and a couple more steps added to increase capacity. A new stand is built where tin shed now stands with the design and capacity dictated by the number of seats / standing still required to bring ground up to minimum FL requirements.
BM will then look like a football ground and the cost will be millions less than building a new ground. However the clubhouse will not be central to the pitch anymore and our landlords might not be too happy about that. Plus we would need to renegotiate the length and terms of our lease.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:52 am

Alfie wrote:Let's hope we don't get other clubs come sniffing round for players - we may not quite be in a 'fire sale' situation but I can imagine the club might have to seriously consider any offers.
Think we are fairly safe about fending off buyers unless there is a "no deal Brexit" option so all the foreign mercenaries in the Premiership are forcibly repatriated, leaving a massive gap for British (&Gibraltarian) players to step up and a tidal wave of transfer cash into lower and non-league football. My imagination is running away with it all again :)

bga

Post by bga » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:29 pm

I presume Syers moved on a "Free," but accept we have offloaded the highest paid player at the Club?

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:40 pm

bga wrote:I presume Syers moved on a "Free," but accept we have offloaded the highest paid player at the Club?
Apparently Farsley have been chasing him all season so I would hope there was a fee involved.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:26 pm

bga wrote:I presume Syers moved on a "Free," but accept we have offloaded the highest paid player at the Club?
He definitely wasn't the highest earner at the start of the season.