Chester V Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MKDarlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Chester V Darlington

Post by MKDarlo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:06 pm

tdk1 wrote:Okay, just once more with feeling: some football managers exist who have no previous connection to Darlington FC. Some of them are even quite competent.
Seconded

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:17 pm

On a positive note, at least no one invaded the pitch, let off any flares or did any other s**t like that today - that would've been really embarrassing.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:34 am

Having travelled back, had time to think and a night out with a few pints, hoping today's view of the game would improve, it didn't ;) . We had a few nice pieces of play, some brilliant long cross field passes, but no end result, rarely causing their keeper a problem. Felt sorry for Saunders as there was very few balls played through to use his strengths and of course Ainge was injured before the game so not even on the bench.
The players had to adjust to several changes in formation during the game and to be honest I don't think they are capable of adapting. The players did not look like they cared, except for a few, (Wheatley's goal was a cracker and he was a real battler all game).
We have some talented players but not suitable for this league. Henshall for example was tricky and has a bit of pace but when getting dumped on his backside didn't get up and chase after the ball but puts his hands up like a spoilt teenager, (and he is not the only one in the team i.e. boys when we need men in this league).
Can't remember when Thommo had a shot on target, and now doesn't even win headers so not a real goal threat and he is too quiet to be a captain especially as he is a confidence player therefore not a motivator.
There are a few players on the team who seem to really care and have passion and pride, (one of them was Syres but he has gone), how we get that back into the whole team I don't know as think some are happy to just get the money rather than prove they are good players.

Team down to the bear bones so limited in options but management team need to be professional now and demand that of the others, if any of my former managers were not performing they were told and monitored, didn't make me popular with everyone, but delivered the results, and also got the others on side as they were cheesed off seeing people coasting while the worked hard. TW needs to understand that all people are not the same and some will coast and some need encouragement and others need a kick in the pants. He is still young and learning but he needs to learn quick or it is his job.

I personally would have them doing circuit training and boxercise, (by a proper trainer), rather than football training to building up the fitness and strength as that is lacking, clearly leaving them to do stuff on their own has been wasted.

I was cheesed off at loosing Syres as we have very few players who have a footballing brain in a team where we have no leaders, and little being directed from the bench, but I realise the financial impact.

We need to understand what the strategy is now, both from the management team and the directors, that is key for the future as I thought we had a decent set of players but today we looked like a bottom of the league team, (first time I have thought that we would be relegation fodder this season). Getting back up from the league below again will be really difficult!

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:39 am

You have to say after that and the fact players cant be arsed training that a change in management is needed, we will go down if not for sure.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:48 pm

tdk1 wrote:Okay, just once more with feeling: some football managers exist who have no previous connection to Darlington FC. Some of them are even quite competent.
THIS! So annoying that a Darlington connection is seen a pre requisite to getting the job! I'd say actively avoid it next time.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:05 pm

Always find this funny tbh. It can work both ways as when we start struggling the fact that the manager doesn’t care because he has no connection to the club, doesn’t understand the values etc etc

Ultimately you need the best candidate regardless. It stands to reason that you’ll probably have a heavier bias of applicants with some connection to the club.