New Blood

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New Blood

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:53 pm

I think that Glover is capable of contributing from the bench.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Clearly TW disagrees with you.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:02 pm

tezza wrote:Should we not be utilising the resources of the club to maximum effect. Vaulx still out in the cold, not to mention Caton. Any grudges need to be put aside.
If we are still paying Caton's wages then certainly he should be brought back if just to sit on the bench. Got to be a better bet than untried youngsters. Failing that I'd have him cleaning the bogs to earn his wages. He might not like that and want to cancel his contract.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I think that Glover is capable of contributing from the bench.
It's more likely he doesn't want to expose a good 17 year old to a potentially toxic situation. Imagine if he lost the ball, they'd be moans and groans. Could do damage to the kid

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:51 pm

banktopp wrote:
real_darlo_85 wrote: On a side note, I too haven't felt as disconnected from the club in all the time that l have supported the club over the past 20 years. It really is demoralising seeing the club imploding as it currently seems to be.
You can't be disconnected from something you were never connected to in the first place. Prior to us becoming fan owned non of us were connected in any way apart from being paying customers and having to put up with all the shite successive owners put us through. I don't remember Fans Forum's, Netcafes etc, before 2012.
There were quite a few fans forums pre 2012, I've been to about 5 or 6 and probably missed about the same number.

Highlights include, Hodgie taking everyone out on to the Feethams pitch to illustrate just how bad it really was (and he was right, it was awful) the players walking out on Mrs Reynolds/and at the Arena when Sotnick was waffling on about hotels and big stuff while the main point of interest from the cheap seats was the dramatic price increase regarding pies.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:54 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I think that Glover is capable of contributing from the bench.
"Described by manager Tommy Wright as one of the most exciting and promising talents in non-league football" :silent:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:54 pm

We'll, that's another loan arriving, a striker too so hopefully he can get on the end of the crosses from our new loan winger. Two in a week seems like good business and I'm trying to be positive for Saturday. I suppose if we had Henshall, Ainge, Hughes and Vaulks all available we could have a decent bench too. I'd love to see us with a tenacious midfield hardman in the side.