Netcafe

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakersfan
Team Supported: Darlington

Netcafe

Post by quakersfan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:16 am

jjlewis1k89

Re: Netcafe

Post by jjlewis1k89 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:54 am

They can just pick an choose what questions to answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:30 am

jjlewis1k89 wrote:They can just pick an choose what questions to answer

Would you prefer them in the stockade in old market square at midday?

Ask a reasonable question and I think johnston and Tempest would provide a reasonable answer.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:25 am

I also think yesterday demonstrated why a fans forum would be an utterly terrible idea just now.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:31 pm

tdk1 wrote:I also think yesterday demonstrated why a fans forum would be an utterly terrible idea just now.
I'm not sure there will ever be another fans forum. If things are going well you don't need one and when things are going badly there will always be trouble. :roll:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:36 pm

jjlewis1k89 wrote:They can just pick an choose what questions to answer

Infinitely preferable than a fans forum where you have the scum of our fanbase turning up agitating for trouble and taking things far too far like they did at the end of the game yesterday.

On the plus side, hopefully that means we will have a board of directors until Friday at least.

Netcafe is desperately needed.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:40 pm

I think it would be of benefit to us all if we had 'uncovered' question tabled for an answer, we some articulate posters on here who could set a reasoned question.
I think question should include an explanation of how we got to this point with our finances, with money coming from player sales legends game/snow dive 50 gran asked for and given to clear previous debt. Next, the boards view on TWs future at the club, the ramifications if he stays , the cost of sacking him versus the cost of relegation and dwindling attendance.
So if someone wants to have go at producing one, great, it should stop a load of duplicate questions going in.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:52 pm

Last edited by Seventynine on Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:55 pm

poppyfield wrote:I think it would be of benefit to us all if we had 'uncovered' question tabled for an answer, we some articulate posters on here who could set a reasoned question.
I think question should include an explanation of how we got to this point with our finances, with money coming from player sales legends game/snow dive 50 gran asked for and given to clear previous debt. Next, the boards view on TWs future at the club, the ramifications if he stays , the cost of sacking him versus the cost of relegation and dwindling attendance.
So if someone wants to have go at producing one, great, it should stop a load of duplicate questions going in.
A good idea.

For me the recent statement from the club and recent events suggests:
a) A very significant commercial income shortfall on expectations. - Why has that arisen, and when did board realise the shortfall [The crowd income shortfall follows from results/ performances and is easier to explain]

b) Travelling expenses - are any or all players and staff paid travelling expenses to training or home natcges? If so, at what rate & how is this policed? EG if all players are entitled to expenses to travel to BM
I) is this not payment from home to fixed place of work, and therefore taxable under HMRC rules (NI issues as well?)
ii) What is to stop say 3 midland based players sharing a car to BM and all paining travel expenses

c) Given seeming financial issues, are club up to date on PAYE and NI payments to HMRC and are there currently sufficient funds in the bank to cover the next payments. [No reason to believe the payments are not up to date, but these are often first payments missed in financial problem situations]

d) Aged creditors listing....can club provide anonymised and grouped listing showing creditors due to be paid, immediately, in 30 days and over 30 days?

A few financial questions that board should be able to answer to owners of club

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:59 pm

spen666 wrote:
poppyfield wrote:I think it would be of benefit to us all if we had 'uncovered' question tabled for an answer, we some articulate posters on here who could set a reasoned question.
A good idea.

a) A very significant commercial income shortfall on expectations. - Why has that arisen, and when did board realise the shortfall [The crowd income shortfall follows from results/ performances and is easier to explain]

b) Travelling expenses - are any or all players and staff paid travelling expenses to training or home natcges? If so, at what rate & how is this policed? EG if all players are entitled to expenses to travel to BM
I) is this not payment from home to fixed place of work, and therefore taxable under HMRC rules (NI issues as well?)
ii) What is to stop say 3 midland based players sharing a car to BM and all paining travel expenses

c) Given seeming financial issues, are club up to date on PAYE and NI payments to HMRC and are there currently sufficient funds in the bank to cover the next payments. [No reason to believe the payments are not up to date, but these are often first payments missed in financial problem situations]

d) Aged creditors listing....can club provide anonymised and grouped listing showing creditors due to be paid, immediately, in 30 days and over 30 days?

you really should give me your details , so much time on your hands , normally people in your position dont have the time of day , you must charge 200 an hour ? any discount for darlo supporters ? or are you free

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:04 pm

Some good articulate points here. Someone who is clearly not articulate is showing themselves up. Anyway, I'd actually like to ask if the club has produced/will produce a full breakdown of costings associated with relegation.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:08 pm

Seventynine wrote:
spen666 wrote:
A good idea.

you really should give me your details , so much time on your hands , normally people in your position dont have the time of day , you must charge 200 an hour ? any discount for darlo supporters ? or are you free
If there is discount for Darlo supporters you won't be included.

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:16 pm

is that cos im not in the click ?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:22 pm

spen666 wrote:.....

Thinking again about this issue....I wonder if travelling expenses had been thought about or properly costed before contracts were agreed. IE When costings were done did it include travelling expenses or just wages...if not, this could be a significant explanation of financial situation.

The expenses questions are obviously only relevant if club are paying travelling expenses to BM. I am not aware of club ever saying they do pay such expenses.

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:30 pm

spen666 wrote:

Thinking again about this issue....I wonder if travelling expenses had been thought about or properly costed before contracts were agreed. IE When costings were done did it include travelling expenses or just wages...if not, this could be a significant explanation of financial situation.

The expenses questions are obviously only relevant if club are paying travelling expenses to BM. I am not aware of club ever saying they do pay such expenses.

i know who you are now..ill leave it at that .

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:34 pm

Seventynine wrote:
spen666 wrote:

i know who you are now..ill leave it at that .
Am I supposed to be scared ?

Many people on here know who I am. I make no secret of my identity. Indeed in my signature I have a link to my blog and my twitter account.

Quite what the relevance of you knowing my identity is to suggestions of questions for the netcafe is something I and I am sure others would like to know.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:38 pm

Perfect time for some of the abusers to publicly apologise for the disgraceful scenes and vitriol dished out after Saturday's game, but I would be surprised if anyone of them had the balls to do it on their own,most need to have some backing. Whimps without a mob behind them.

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:48 pm

onewayup wrote:Perfect time for some of the abusers to publicly apologise for the disgraceful scenes and vitriol dished out after Saturday's game, but I would be surprised if anyone of them had the balls to do it on their own,most need to have some backing. Whimps without a mob behind them.
your right , but the thing thats bugging me is why a spennymoor supporter is instigating Darlington supporters ..and rubbing the marinade in .

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:55 pm

Seventynine wrote:is that cos im not in the click ?
No, it's because his comment was aimed at Spen.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:49 pm

Seventynine wrote:
onewayup wrote:Perfect time for some of the abusers to publicly apologise for the disgraceful scenes and vitriol dished out after Saturday's game, but I would be surprised if anyone of them had the balls to do it on their own,most need to have some backing. Whimps without a mob behind them.
your right , but the thing thats bugging me is why a spennymoor supporter is instigating Darlington supporters ..and rubbing the marinade in .

I responded to a suggestion as to questions for the Netcafe.

Sadly you seem t prefer to try to fight non existent battles and make threats to know my identity even though I post links to it in every post I make on here.

As for I syigating Darlington supporters.......responding to a request is not instigating anyone. It is responding to a question

However, if you would rather waste time trying to threaten me than to think about questions that could be asked at the Netcafe to understand what is going on behind the scenes at the club's then carry on
This is nothing to do with and perceived inter club rivalries. The Netcafe is about finding out what is happening at Darlington and why the finances are not where they were expected to be.

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:11 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
cheers for that ...spen is the lowest form of solicitor by the way. the internet or citizens advice will be cheaper and a lot less hassle ..where is your practice again ?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:19 pm

Seventynine wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
cheers for that ...spen is the lowest form of solicitor by the way. the internet or citizens advice will be cheaper and a lot less hassle ..where is your practice again ?
Where is my practice?

Well as you have told everyone on here you know who I am, you will know where my practice is.

What I will say though is thank you to you personally for your recent payment to me

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:19 pm

digging here spen ...as im on cats, you need to shut your gob..jacksons ring a bell

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:49 pm

Seventynine wrote:digging here spen ...as im on cats, you need to shut your gob..jacksons ring a bell
Could you translate that into English, then I may be able to answer
Last edited by spen666 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:51 pm

spen666 wrote:
Seventynine wrote:digging here spen ...as im on cats, you need to shut your gob..jacksons ring a bell
Could out translate that into English, then I may be able to answer
your a fooking idiot..stop stirring the s*** with your shyte

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:54 pm

Seventynine wrote:
spen666 wrote:
i know of 3 people who have dealt with your practice ..go back to school

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:58 pm

Seventynine wrote:
spen666 wrote:
I'm an idiot says the person who claims to know who I am then asks where I work.

The man who knows who I am but thinks the CAB can do what I do

The man who is unable to write in English. If you type questions in English I will answer. I can't answer questions when I do not know what you are asking.

If you know who I am...have the balls to say who I am rather than continue to make yourself look even more stupid

At least name my practice...if you do know it

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:01 pm

Now all the toys have been thrown out of the pram, can we get on and get back to the point of the thread please.

HarrytheQuaker

Re: Signed a new deal

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:19 pm

You are the biggest for on here [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2018120 ... 5318ab.jpg[/img]
Seventynine wrote:
spen666 wrote:
spen666 wrote:
A good idea.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Your the biggest tit on here

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:23 pm

Seventynine wrote:
spen666 wrote:
A good idea.

These are perfectly reasonable questions to ask and require answering. I am an accountant and I offered my services free of charge at the time of the club reformation but was politely declined. I am of the opinion that since then it has been a jobs for the boys ownership model, not a true fan ownership. As a fan I know less about the finances of the club compared to when we were owned by richer previous owners. It seems that within the world of football everything has to be a close guarded secret. We don't need to know what every player is being paid, but an average would suffice, also an average travel expenses per player or total travel expenses paid per month. This is a perfectly reasonable information to request, why? Because how can a club that is struggling to field an experienced starting 11 pay out for travel costs for individual players and a manager (other than match day). Should our model change to local players/manager/coaches only in order to balance the books.
Also we need to know about our options going forward, and our agreement with the rugby club, what are we legally signed up for? People might ask why do we want to know, well I just want to know because I am interested in what it means for the future of our club.
Also, I read a post, I'm not sure if its correct, that Nuneaton are a full time club but on a very low budget, i.e. paying low wages. Can we not do this instead of paying premium for part time footballers? These are options that need debating. At the moment, the team is training two days a week (at most) - and we are relying on them keeping fit, doing the right things - how can tactics be worked on etc etc? Yes it might mean a revolving door of players leaving for better wages but we would pick up players with a hope of continuing in the professional game i.e. players who have been released by Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Sunderland and Leeds to name a few.
I am very much looking forward to the Netcafe at the end of this week.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman