Kokolo

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kokolo

Post by divas » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:39 pm

shawry wrote:For me, henshall is the only real disappointment, the others look like they could do a decent job, the problem TW has is that at this level it's much harder to ship out the mistakes, MG would get people in then get them out just as quick if they didn't work out, which is easier at the levels below us.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Ainge has been terrible when you consider he was the marquee signing

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:54 pm

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... 4302d8.jpg[/img]

Food for thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

divas

Post by divas » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:09 pm

Yeah a reminder of what he was before a bad injury effectively finished his career and he piled on about 3 clem. Our Simon Ainge looks nothing like that sadly.

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:25 pm

divas wrote:
shawry wrote:For me, henshall is the only real disappointment, the others look like they could do a decent job, the problem TW has is that at this level it's much harder to ship out the mistakes, MG would get people in then get them out just as quick if they didn't work out, which is easier at the levels below us.

Ainge has been terrible when you consider he was the marquee signing
Apologies I completely forgot to mention ainge, but yes he falls into the henshall bracket.

The thing with the ainfe signing is that hardly anyone complained about it at the time

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:47 pm

divas wrote:Yeah a reminder of what he was before a bad injury effectively finished his career and he piled on about 3 clem. Our Simon Ainge looks nothing like that sadly.
Yep that picture is quite shocking. We haven't played to Ainge's strengths - how often do we whip quality balls into the box?! - but most of the season he's looked so so immobile - and it's not surprising if you compare to how he looked at Harrogate. Looked a quality signing when it was made, but turning out to be a disaster. Maybe time for him to revert to a CB...

en passant

Post by en passant » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:55 pm

My impression was that when he arrived Ainge believed in the sales pitch that we were aiming to be involved in a promotion push. He seemed to be OK in his first few matches, and was noticeably vocal and encouraging to others. Then we hit a bad patch with injuries and a drop in results, he had to play in the defence as we were short there. It is only since this time that he hasn't seemed to be on it. It's been said that he's has several bouts of injury from which, it has been assumed, he has never truly recovered. But is it just possible that he lost faith in what he was sold, and that he's no longer motivated? Injury or no injury he doesn't say very much now.

It's probably fair to say that of the faults sometimes ascribed to Styche, being AWOL when the going got tough, was not one of them. The blow in losing him is larger than being one player down. We badly need to find someone who will I eject the faith that he brought to the side, and perhaps then we will see the better side of the players, like Ainge, that we still have.

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:57 pm

en passant wrote:My impression was that when he arrived Ainge believed in the sales pitch that we were aiming to be involved in a promotion push. He seemed to be OK in his first few matches, and was noticeably vocal and encouraging to others. Then we hit a bad patch with injuries and a drop in results, he had to play in the defence as we were short there. It is only since this time that he hasn't seemed to be on it. It's been said that he's has several bouts of injury from which, it has been assumed, he has never truly recovered. But is it just possible that he lost faith in what he was sold, and that he's no longer motivated? Injury or no injury he doesn't say very much now.

It's probably fair to say that of the faults sometimes ascribed to Styche, being AWOL when the going got tough, was not one of them. The blow in losing him is larger than being one player down. We badly need to find someone who will I eject the faith that he brought to the side, and perhaps then we will see the better side of the players, like Ainge, that we still have.

is that your xmas wish ?

en passant

Post by en passant » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:06 pm

Seventynine wrote:
en passant wrote:My impression was that when he arrived Ainge believed in the sales pitch that we were aiming to be involved in a promotion push. He seemed to be OK in his first few matches, and was noticeably vocal and encouraging to others. Then we hit a bad patch with injuries and a drop in results, he had to play in the defence as we were short there. It is only since this time that he hasn't seemed to be on it. It's been said that he's has several bouts of injury from which, it has been assumed, he has never truly recovered. But is it just possible that he lost faith in what he was sold, and that he's no longer motivated? Injury or no injury he doesn't say very much now.

is that your xmas wish ?
Well I stopped believing in Father Christmas many moons ago, but if we did find a Styche shaped package under our tree I wouldn't complain.

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:01 pm

Strangely enough with the balls into the box on Saturday it was crying out for someone like Ainge

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:01 pm

shawry wrote:Strangely enough with the balls into the box on Saturday it was crying out for someone like Ainge
It was, Kokolo whipped some beautiful precise crosses into.......... no one.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:15 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
shawry wrote:Strangely enough with the balls into the box on Saturday it was crying out for someone like Ainge
It was, Kokolo whipped some beautiful precise crosses into.......... no one.
Actually the first game I've felt we've crossed the ball in rather than lump it forward, actually thought we did well on both flanks for once

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:58 pm

Looks a very good player, fast and tricky and crosses the ball well.Him and Thommo will do for me but Harvey needs some support up front.Impressed with Nicholson also but need a tough tackling midfielder as a priority signing along with another forward and things will look more balanced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:13 am

Good player who was poorly supported especially ohanlon who has no positional sense and was only interested in passing back as opposed to supporting him down the wing.
Second half poor lad drifted out as he was not getting ball absolutely no directional support from the touchline the TW tactic was "get on with it"
Where were the other loanees that are knocking on his door every day?
We know from those who have sons at academy that Ainge and Henshall are faking injuries not to be here along with others it sends a crap message to other potential loanees

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:21 am

eddie-rowles wrote:We know from those who have sons at academy that Ainge and Henshall are faking injuries not to be here along with others it sends a crap message to other potential loanees
This makes absolutely no sense?

Those in the academy know that Ainge and Henshall are faking injuries not to be here. What are the academy players the ones who Simon and Alex have spoken to in confidence to say "we're not really injured"?

Or is it that the whole squad know that they are not injured in which case...they wouldn't be officially down as being injured.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:02 pm

He looked good.

We need to use the local market. Also, is it worth asking the question about Gary Martin? Currently in Norway, but their season is now over until March. Short term loan could be viable?

Wilson Kneeshaw, currently in the town, no club? Short term deal? There will be others, released by Boro & Sunderland who are probably available and worth a go. Look at Junior Mondal at Whitby. We should've been all over that.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:22 pm

H1987 wrote:He looked good.

We need to use the local market. Also, is it worth asking the question about Gary Martin? Currently in Norway, but their season is now over until March. Short term loan could be viable?

Wilson Kneeshaw, currently in the town, no club? Short term deal? There will be others, released by Boro & Sunderland who are probably available and worth a go. Look at Junior Mondal at Whitby. We should've been all over that.
Some good points here, certainly Martin and Kneeshaw could make a big difference and are pretty experienced so good shout.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Gary Martin is playing Sunday league again isn’t he for Albion?

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:41 pm

Not sure, but he's under contract for Lillestrom.

Imo, the first thing our managers should be doing each summer is going over the players released by Newcastle, Boro and Sunderland with a fine comb. Giving them trials, whatever. They'll be based locally, and presumably have a hunger to stay in the game. We can be their chance.

jonn

Post by jonn » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:38 pm

Sharpest of the lot, did well in the first half, looked dispirited later on. We should hold on to him as long as possible.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:13 pm

How old is the lad, someone said they thought he was 16 or 17 in which case it is a massive task to lead the front line of a struggling side. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Think he is 18, exciting looking player quick and tricky and gets good crosses in.Quite a tall led as well
Darlo_Pete wrote:How old is the lad, someone said they thought he was 16 or 17 in which case it is a massive task to lead the front line of a struggling side. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.
Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk