More loan signings

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Alfie
Team Supported: Darlington

More loan signings

Post by Alfie » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:25 pm

Two more to come in - central defender and midfield, both from Barnsley, according to Stoddart in the echo.

poppyfield

Re: More loan signings

Post by poppyfield » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:42 pm

This is more like it
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:21 pm

Wonder if this is the link Tommy has forged from when Harvey Saunders had a bit of a trial there.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:42 pm

Or from his playing days there

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:54 pm

Where is Jack Vaulks at the moment?
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:38 pm

Last I heard he was playing at Pickering Town, a club well below where he should be playing in my humble opinion.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:13 pm

Answering my own question, Pickering till the end of January. They are in the Evo-Stik 2nd tier, same as Marske, not that low.

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/jack-va ... s-extended
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:09 am

Makka Pakka wrote:Answering my own question, Pickering till the end of January. They are in the Evo-Stik 2nd tier, same as Marske, not that low.

Too low for a player of Vaulks quality.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:12 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Makka Pakka wrote:Answering my own question, Pickering till the end of January. They are in the Evo-Stik 2nd tier, same as Marske, not that low.

Too low for a player of Vaulks quality.
Why all this hype for him Pete? I don't get it :eh:

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am

Does anyone actually know how many games Vaulks has actually played for us?

It seems that he has been put on a pedestal by a few of our supporters and I am struggling to understand why. He has looked a good player when he has played but I don't understand the way people think him coming back will be the answer to our defensive shortcomings.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:05 pm

We're not saying that. We're saying he can't be any worse than Burn and might be competition for places with Burn.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:38 pm

Any loan news?

PS - I cannot believe Burn has played league football. Has looked all over the shop when I have seen him. Vaulks cant be as bad, surely?

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:12 pm

MKDarlo wrote:Any loan news?

PS - I cannot believe Burn has played league football. Has looked all over the shop when I have seen him. Vaulks cant be as bad, surely?
I think a lack of confidence and not a long run in the team could be causing that.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:16 pm

I think, a long time ago, a certain David Speedie came to us from Barnsley. If the anticipated loanees are half as good as he was.......

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:18 pm

Or even as good as Carl Airey was...

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:16 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:Or even as good as Carl Airey was...
Can't believe I had forgotten him! Youngsters really missed some class players there :wave:

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:21 pm

1985 was my first season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:34 pm

Any news on these new loanees?

For me, these acquisitions are key. If it's a flimsy playmaking midfielder then it adds nothing. We need a no nonsense beast, who's going to break up play and generally be a menace.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:36 am

Palmer was getting mentioned a lot during the Alty game & seems to have made some positive impact

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:55 am

Thought Palmer was decent, athletic and energetic, reasonably strong with him and Elliott doing ok in midfield against a team who dominated us in the home game in that area. He should have scored or squared it in the 1st half after a break in play and a strong run, hopefully more to come from him.

Smith done ok, didn't stand out but wasn't terrible either, if only we had a leader in the backline.

First time I had seen Kokolo and I was quite impressed with him, the fact that O'Hanlon got a real good going over when he came on showed that Kokolo was doing pretty well.

Nelson linked up ok with Saunders but was a bit quieter than expected, although we did look a danger most of the game which was nice to see.

All in all we have some decent players but we just don't know how to defend as a team and no real leaders on the pitch.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:06 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
All in all we have some decent players but we just don't know how to defend as a team and no real leaders on the pitch.
This is it really. I have only seen Kokolo out of the loanees, but from reports they all sound like decent players. Yet they're all young players learning their way in the game. Much like a lot of our other players. If only we had a Steve Foster type CB and a Ricky Ravenhill type CM, we'd probably be a decent side despite Wrights tactical shortcomings.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:26 am

al_quaker wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
This is it really. I have only seen Kokolo out of the loanees, but from reports they all sound like decent players. Yet they're all young players learning their way in the game. Much like a lot of our other players. If only we had a Steve Foster type CB and a Ricky Ravenhill type CM, we'd probably be a decent side despite Wrights tactical shortcomings.
Would make a massive difference having a couple of experienced leaders in that team, which is what Gray had really hence how we could dig out some results when backs against the wall.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:28 am

Ainge and Hughes were/are your men, if they were fit enough to play. Ainge at the back and Hughes into midfield apart from it won’t happen because Ainge still thinks he’s a striker and Hughes doesn’t look capable of getting into shape to play CM

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:32 am

divas wrote:Ainge and Hughes were/are your men, if they were fit enough to play. Ainge at the back and Hughes into midfield apart from it won’t happen because Ainge still thinks he’s a striker and Hughes doesn’t look capable of getting into shape to play CM
Correct we got a half decent CB by signing a CM and got another half decent CB by signing a striker, homework well and truly done by Wright as neither can play in the positions they were signed for.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:55 am

divas wrote:Ainge and Hughes were/are your men, if they were fit enough to play. Ainge at the back and Hughes into midfield apart from it won’t happen because Ainge still thinks he’s a striker and Hughes doesn’t look capable of getting into shape to play CM
Correct.