Darlington v Hartlepool United

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

jjljks
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Hartlepool United

Post by jjljks » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:03 pm

A lot of the youngsters will never have seen a Darlo v Poolie match, and even if it isn't a game for league points or an FA cup place, it is our real 'derby'.

Yes, ticket only and yes to selling them inside the ground at next home games as this will sort the riff-raff from true fans thus reducing the likelihood of any trouble as well as boosting our revenue and next crowd figures.

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:53 pm

about as pointless a competition as a 1 legged man ass kicking contest

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:54 pm

bga wrote:
AndyPark wrote:Aye maybe, well I was there Tuesday - So I'll be there vs Poolie.
May see you at Alty this Saturday but this time bring a coat!
I had one at Chorley :lol: I left it on the coach though.

Won’t be at Alty though. Got my little one up from Grimsby for a Christmas weekend with the family :D See you at York.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:02 pm

Pools will play the kids, we'll play a mixture as we already have, and some knobheads will kick off. It's a nothing competition,but an excuse for dickery.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:51 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Wonder if Raj will turn up and hand over the football share?
It’s still with his solicitor in the “out tray”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:18 am

Never mind Arena, let Hartlepool buy as many tickets for BM as they want and fill the bloody place don't care if they bring more than us just fill BM to the rafters and have a really good go against the chimp stranglers.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:09 am

Excited! They ain’t going down, we ain’t going up. s*** competition but this is Pools. 8-) Let’s beat them and stuff it down a certain someone’s throat!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:15 am

Really chuffed at meeting the old enemy. I've always said that one day we'd meet them again in a competitive competition. Didn't expect it to be the Durham Senior Cup.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:07 pm

I don't understand how anyone can be anything but excited about this, growing up following the Swans, if we played Cardiff in the Welsh Cup it would be a sellout and absolute mayhem... I remember going to Barry Town in the Welsh Cup, it's just south of Cardiff and they all turned up, we weren't even playing them!

This should be easily a sellout at BM. selling tickets at games is a brilliant idea so that people have to attend them... let's sell thousands, move it to the arena, use the pre ticket sales to pay Wright off before the game and bring in someone who the players will all want to impress on his first game... :lol:

Our lads need to be up for this, last thing we want is to get battered, regardless of what cup this is...

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Really chuffed at meeting the old enemy. I've always said that one day we'd meet them again in a competitive competition. Didn't expect it to be the Durham Senior Cup.
Are these even classed as senior appearances for our players in the Durham Senior Cup?

I dunno I’d rather keep fingers cross for a Trophy / FA Cup game against them this is really a reserve fixture isn’t it?

Can anyone answer if we have played them before in the County Cup?

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:25 pm

I think it is technically a first team game, but no one sees it that way.

Honestly, I just want us to get through it without incident. I know that's really negative, but it's an indictment of the situation at Blackwell. There's one way in and one, and there's not really adequate segregation. If there was a stand at that end, it'd be easier to do, as you just seal and end to the stand off. The hard standing basically means a bunch of flimsy fences, which isn't enough for the sort of idiots i'd be concerned this game will attract.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:55 pm

H1987 wrote:I think it is technically a first team game, but no one sees it that way.

Honestly, I just want us to get through it without incident. I know that's really negative, but it's an indictment of the situation at Blackwell. There's one way in and one, and there's not really adequate segregation. If there was a stand at that end, it'd be easier to do, as you just seal and end to the stand off. The hard standing basically means a bunch of flimsy fences, which isn't enough for the sort of idiots i'd be concerned this game will attract.
Spot on. This game would not have been on the C.E.O's wish list.
Might be good for the fans, but the club will not gain. Even allowing for an all ticket match, that will not stop the scum of Darlington arranging to scrap with the scum of Hartlepool in or around Blackwell Meadows. Quite true about the flimsy fencing not being able to keep out those without tickets. Policing and extra stewarding costs will far outweigh gate receipts if tickets again £6.
I recall season 2014 /15 at Droylesdon, Martin Gray had to go into the crowd of Darlington away supporters to attempt to stop trouble. The reason apparently was revenge for a Darlo person who had been thumped years before at a cup match with Droylesden. I can only despair at the morons who are bound to turn up.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:42 pm

H1987 wrote:I think it is technically a first team game, but no one sees it that way.

Agree with this. It has the potential to be utterly embarrassing for all parties if it kicks off off-the-field.

Really not that excited about the game it all. It's a nonentity of a cup competition.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

divas

Post by divas » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:13 pm

The sooner it’s moved the the Vic the better

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:58 pm

divas wrote:The sooner it’s moved the the Vic the better
Yeh I'd love it to be played at the Vic as well.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:32 pm

What a bunch of boring bastards.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:44 pm

I don’t think wanting to protect the image and integrity of the club is boring. I’d go to the game and hope to enjoy a good game without any stupidity. The way BM is in comparison to feethams could be a logistical nightmare, not to mention the police bill

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:47 pm

I'm with Andy, this match should be celebrated not loathed. The game will create a buzz around the club, which has been sadly missing for a little while now.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:03 pm

AndyPark wrote:What a bunch of boring bastards.
I just can't get excited by it. It's us against their youth team in a nonentity of a cup competition. And a load of arseholes will use it as an excuse to kick s*** out of each other - further damaging our reputation and costing us money.

It's hardly the play-off semi-finals of 2000.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:55 am

It’s eleven years since we played our main rivals if you can’t get excited about this then it’s just plain sad. I know loads of people who have lost interest in all things Darlo but are coming to this game, they are not thugs but old fans and if it gets them back then that’s great. Be interested to see whether it’s BM or Arena.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:28 am

Ah right, so the people who want this to just go off without a major incident / it costing the club a fortune in policing are boring... righto. It's just a realistic look at the state of Blackwell right now. With no stand to put the away fans in, there's hard standing, no proper segregation, and a fence that's probably pretty easy to hop over as well. There's also only one road in and out.

In the not so distant future, i'd hope we will have a stand at that end, and also a separate footpath leading from the main road for the away fans. If that was the case now, i'd feel much more relaxed about it. The way things are now, it's a recipe for disaster if a bunch of knackers turn up. Even if we pay for a lot of security and police, because of the nature of the set up at this time, it will be very hard to stop idiots who want to cause bother.

If some folk are that bothered about seeing Hartlepool play, it's only a half hour drive.

Also, in no way, shape or form should we be playing at the Arena. I don't care who we're playing, it isn't our home.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:24 am

quakersfan wrote:It’s eleven years since we played our main rivals if you can’t get excited about this then it’s just plain sad. I know loads of people who have lost interest in all things Darlo but are coming to this game, they are not thugs but old fans and if it gets them back then that’s great. Be interested to see whether it’s BM or Arena.
The only thing that's sad here is the fact people are getting themselves hyped up and pretending the game means anything at all. It doesn't. Our season is so wretched, the high point is playing the youth team of Hartlepool United in a meaningless cup competition. Do me a favour.

This game will attract a load of knobbers who just want a fight (Look at comments like "Bring your stabvests" etc by Poolie fans on Facebook). It'll be a nightmare to police, will cost a fortune in stewarding/policing bills.

And all for some tinpot trophy we're not arsed about entering anyway.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:52 am

I'd say what's more sad is this is another reminder of how far we've fallen in that we probably are incapable of hosting a game with the potential for trouble

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:39 pm

al_quaker wrote:I'd say what's more sad is this is another reminder of how far we've fallen in that we probably are incapable of hosting a game with the potential for trouble
Reckon it will will be played at the Arena which begs the question if the SV takes off why not just go back there.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:47 pm

Because it's an awful, soulless bowl, and a reminder of rotten times.

I agree, it's a sign of where we are that we can't really host a game with the potential for bother. BM isn't ready for it until there's another stand and access point at the empty end. But i'd still far rather we heavily restrict - if not fully ban away fans - than play the game at the white elephant. That isn't home, and it shouldn't be considered an option whenever a big game comes around (not that i agree this is).

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:06 pm

I don't think you're allowed to just simply ground hop to play a single cup or league match anyway? I could be wrong but I'm sure that the argument has came up before.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:59 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:I don't think you're allowed to just simply ground hop to play a single cup or league match anyway? I could be wrong but I'm sure that the argument has came up before.
I’ll throw a curve ball and suggest that the easiest solution would be to play this game behind closed doors.

It would suit the police, the clubs and the Durham FA I suspect. And some of our fans who suggest it’s a nothing game anyway.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:37 pm

Zzzzzz

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:20 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:I don't think you're allowed to just simply ground hop to play a single cup or league match anyway? I could be wrong but I'm sure that the argument has came up before.
I’ll throw a curve ball and suggest that the easiest solution would be to play this game behind closed doors.

It would suit the police, the clubs and the Durham FA I suspect. And some of our fans who suggest it’s a nothing game anyway.

People would still turn up, as you can see some of the game from the ring road. I'd be happy with a switch to the Arena or Victoria Park.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:39 pm

At least the boring people are making suggestions! Andy, I've noticed a helpful maturity to your more recent posts so what do you think the answer is considering the possibility of mayhem and damage to the club's reputation and the costs of policing, etc? You've been there, as I have when things have got out of hand, such as Fylde and that was with proper segregated stands.