Altrincham V Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

poppyfield
Posts: 1593
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Altrincham V Darlington

Post by poppyfield » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:54 pm

With our 5 new signings who I am assuming will all play , how will TW line us up?
I'll have first go;
Maddison,
Trotman Smith Galbraith Kokolo,
Wollerton Palmer Wheatley
Nicholson,
Nelson Saunders.

Subs, Thompson Burn O'Hanlon Elliot Henshall,
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

al_quaker
Posts: 5303
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by al_quaker » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:57 pm

It's nice to have something resembling a squad to choose from!

User avatar
D_F_C
Posts: 1668
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by D_F_C » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:11 pm

Tommy will want to play 3 at the back again. A formation that doesn't suit Thompson.

In all honesty I have no idea who or what he is going to play

Alfie
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 8:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Eye, Suffolk

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by Alfie » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:21 pm

Looking at Altrincham's home form we don't have much to worry about

5 straight wins - 3-1 3-0 4-0 3-0 3-1

Our new defender might have a busy day.

LoidLucan
Posts: 2723
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:38 pm

At least their top scorer Jordan Hulme is suspended. He tortued us when they tonked us at BM.

Emdubya
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by Emdubya » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:00 pm

LoidLucan wrote:At least their top scorer Jordan Hulme is suspended. He tortued us when they tonked us at BM.
Funny he never caused us many problems when he played for Sal£ord and probs wouldn’t have this season if Tommy Boy hadn’t fucked the squad up.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1494
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:20 pm

A proper bench too (I think)?

H1987
Posts: 1062
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by H1987 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:29 pm

poppyfield wrote:With our 5 new signings who I am assuming will all play , how will TW line us up?
I'll have first go;
Maddison,
Trotman Smith Galbraith Kokolo,
Wollerton Palmer Wheatley
Nicholson,
Nelson Saunders.

Subs, Thompson Burn O'Hanlon Elliot Henshall,
.................Maddison

Trotman Galbraith Burn O'Hanlon

....Wheatley Wollerton Nicholson

.....Saunders...............Kokolo

.................Nelson

Subs: Thompson, Smith, Henshall, Palmer, Mystery Keeper

I'd be a little concerned at throwing 5 players who are all only here for a month in as starters, and if he does, that's just desperation at this point.

50 years
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by 50 years » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:35 pm

They are top of the last 6 games league and we are 21st so hard game ahead with our new players to gell together. I will be there and really looking forward to it.
"Up the quakers"

poppyfield
Posts: 1593
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by poppyfield » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:18 pm

H1987 wrote:
poppyfield wrote:With our 5 new signings who I am assuming will all play , how will TW line us up?
I'll have first go;
Maddison,
Trotman Smith Galbraith Kokolo,
Wollerton Palmer Wheatley
Nicholson,
Nelson Saunders.

Subs, Thompson Burn O'Hanlon Elliot Henshall,
.................Maddison

Trotman Galbraith Burn O'Hanlon

....Wheatley Wollerton Nicholson

.....Saunders...............Kokolo

.................Nelson

Subs: Thompson, Smith, Henshall, Palmer, Mystery Keeper

I'd be a little concerned at throwing 5 players who are all only here for a month in as starters, and if he does, that's just desperation at this point.
It would not surprise me if part of the months loan deal is, if fit they play.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

poppyfield
Posts: 1593
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by poppyfield » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:23 pm

Darlington FC‏ @Official_Darlo · 4m4 minutes ago
There will be a pitch inspection at Altrincham at 8:30am tomorrow morning ahead of the game.

An update will be provided following the inspection
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlopartisan
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:53 pm

Some rain forecast overnight, not sure how well their pitch drains

Wiseacre
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by Wiseacre » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:10 pm

Poetry corner with Wisequaker

Howay In A Manger

Away to play Alty
New lads in the team
Our season starts here
Or so it must seem

The travelling supporters
Deserve a new deal
With a tightened defense
And a midfield of steel

So what are the chances
Our lads can prevail
Put Thommo where he plays best
And sign Gareth Bale (on loan)

Or if we get beat ..... They say each man has two left feet designed to trip him up
Remember that we're not yet beat - there's still the Durham cup.

darlo reborn
Posts: 1281
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by darlo reborn » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:25 pm

Put them all in our players never train together anyway so will not make much difference as long as they play there own game and not listen to Tommy`s tactics we should be ok

Darlopartisan
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:29 am

First time in a few weeks I am intrigued as to how we will line up, we at last have a squad that set up right could actually turn the season round :thumbup:

H1987
Posts: 1062
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by H1987 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:30 am

poppyfield wrote:
H1987 wrote:
poppyfield wrote:With our 5 new signings who I am assuming will all play , how will TW line us up?
I'll have first go;
Maddison,
Trotman Smith Galbraith Kokolo,
Wollerton Palmer Wheatley
Nicholson,
Nelson Saunders.

Subs, Thompson Burn O'Hanlon Elliot Henshall,
.................Maddison

Trotman Galbraith Burn O'Hanlon

....Wheatley Wollerton Nicholson

.....Saunders...............Kokolo

.................Nelson

Subs: Thompson, Smith, Henshall, Palmer, Mystery Keeper

I'd be a little concerned at throwing 5 players who are all only here for a month in as starters, and if he does, that's just desperation at this point.
It would not surprise me if part of the months loan deal is, if fit they play.
You could well be right, but then it has me asking if this is wise decision making, or just desperation. Loan signings are a good thing, it's crazy we weren't using the market previously. It seems like we're going from one extreme to another now, making up half of the team with lads who don't know each other, and hoping they'll do something miraculous isn't good management either.

onewayup
Posts: 1590
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by onewayup » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:41 am

Tommy, dammed if he does dammed if he don't, just can't win. Can he.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4529
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:53 am

onewayup wrote:Tommy, dammed if he does dammed if he don't, just can't win. Can he.
You've got that right - only four wins all season and winless in our last seven in the league. The fact he can't win matches is the reason most of the fanbase wants him gone.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

al_quaker
Posts: 5303
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by al_quaker » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:54 am

Darlogramps wrote:
onewayup wrote:Tommy, dammed if he does dammed if he don't, just can't win. Can he.
You've got that right - only four wins all season and winless in our last seven in the league. The fact he can't win matches is the reason most of the fanbase wants him gone.
6 wins - don't forget we've won 2 games in everyone's favourite cup competition too

Darlo_CR
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:32 pm

Thommo dropped to the bench, team is as follows:

Maddison, Trotman, Kokolo, Smith, Burn, Galbraith, Elliott, Palmer, Saunders, Nelson, Nicholson.

Subs: O’Hanlon, Hall, Henshall, Wollerton, Thompson.

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 1667
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Thommo should be in the team instead of Elliott imo, should not be on the bench.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

al_quaker
Posts: 5303
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by al_quaker » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:03 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Thommo should be in the team instead of Elliott imo, should not be on the bench.
So you'd only play 1 proper CM?

Comfortably_numb
Posts: 1860
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:23 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Get in

al_quaker
Posts: 5303
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by al_quaker » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:11 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Thommo should be in the team instead of Elliott imo, should not be on the bench.
Goal Elliott :lol:

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 1667
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:13 pm

al_quaker wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Thommo should be in the team instead of Elliott imo, should not be on the bench.
Goal Elliott Image
What do I knowImageImage

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Comfortably_numb
Posts: 1860
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:23 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:14 pm

Balls

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1585
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:14 pm

Well that was good. 3 minutes it lasted.

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 1667
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:20 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Well that was good. 3 minutes it lasted.
Will we ever have a clean sheet Adam ?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

darlo reborn
Posts: 1281
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:29 pm

2-1 Saunders

darlo reborn
Posts: 1281
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Altrincham V Darlington

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:34 pm

At least it looks like we are scoring again just need to stop conceding

Post Reply