You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:07 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:57 am
Posts: 529
Team Supported: Darlington
44’ | GOAL!!! Altrincham FC 1-3 Darlington FC. Jordan Nicholson!

_________________
The World is Full of Kings & Queens
Who Blind your Eyes then Steal your Dreams


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5168
Team Supported: Darlington
3-2

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:57 am
Posts: 529
Team Supported: Darlington
45’ | GOAL! Altrincham FC 2-3 Darlington FC. Max Harrop.

_________________
The World is Full of Kings & Queens
Who Blind your Eyes then Steal your Dreams


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 2467
Team Supported: Darlington
Love attacking football

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 1230
Team Supported: Darlington
nice to some at BM for a change


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5168
Team Supported: Darlington
3-3

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Posts: 131
Team Supported: Darlington
al_quaker wrote:
3-3


That's THREE 2 goal leads bottled this season, unacceptable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1494
Team Supported: Darlington
al_quaker wrote:
3-3
Well what a surprise.Useless at the back, you just know what will happen now

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1494
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo2807 wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
3-3


That's THREE 2 goal leads bottled this season, unacceptable.
But Wright stubbornly sticks to the same old system at the back.Him and White are clueless

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1378
Team Supported: Darlington
Post match interview 'We battered the 3rd in the league but individual errors are killing us'


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Posts: 131
Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Darlo2807 wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
3-3


That's THREE 2 goal leads bottled this season, unacceptable.
But Wright stubbornly sticks to the same old system at the back.Him and White are clueless

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Can't see past relegation with these in charge.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Posts: 168
Team Supported: Darlington
We're missing Hughes to be fair. And Alty score a lot of goals.

I see they also have Ashley Hemmings on loan, great player.

_________________
TAFKAQ

@1883Of


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1494
Team Supported: Darlington
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
We're missing Hughes to be fair. And Alty score a lot of goals.

I see they also have Ashley Hemmings on loan, great player.
Hughes and Since at the back for me when fit, not sure if Burn has been at fault tbh but we badly need 2 solid experienced centre backs

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1494
Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
We're missing Hughes to be fair. And Alty score a lot of goals.

I see they also have Ashley Hemmings on loan, great player.
Hughes and Since at the back for me when fit, not sure if Burn has been at fault tbh but we badly need 2 solid experienced centre backs

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
Meant Ainge with Hughes.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3635
Team Supported: Darlington
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
We're missing Hughes to be fair. And Alty score a lot of goals.

I see they also have Ashley Hemmings on loan, great player.



Hughes is on the darlofansradio commentary team jollying things along. He’s a natural.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Posts: 817
Team Supported: Darlington
Once again illustrating how Wright can't organise a defence.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1494
Team Supported: Darlington
H1987 wrote:
Once again illustrating how Wright can't organise a defence.
The annoying thing is we can score goals but these 2 clowns stubbornly will not go with a back 4.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Posts: 168
Team Supported: Darlington
I'm not sure how going from a back 5 to a back 4 will help.

_________________
TAFKAQ

@1883Of


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1494
Team Supported: Darlington
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
I'm not sure how going from a back 5 to a back 4 will help.
Stop our full backs attacking like they always seem to do.Just want a solid, defensive back 4.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Posts: 168
Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
I'm not sure how going from a back 5 to a back 4 will help.
Stop our full backs attacking like they always seem to do.Just want a solid, defensive back 4.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


But the problem is that they play the same in a back 4, leaving just 2 in defence.

_________________
TAFKAQ

@1883Of


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Posts: 168
Team Supported: Darlington
Ordinarily 3-3 would be a good result.

Except we were 2 goals up again. Except all of the previous draws and defeats are coming home to roost.

So no, 3-3 isn't good enough. Just like the whole season. Just like the manager.

_________________
TAFKAQ

@1883Of


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1494
Team Supported: Darlington
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
I'm not sure how going from a back 5 to a back 4 will help.
Stop our full backs attacking like they always seem to do.Just want a solid, defensive back 4.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


But the problem is that they play the same in a back 4, leaving just 2 in defence.
That is exactly the problem, far too many goals come from wide areas but our management duo are just allowing it to continue.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 2467
Team Supported: Darlington
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Ordinarily 3-3 would be a good result.

Except we were 2 goals up again. Except all of the previous draws and defeats are coming home to roost.

So no, 3-3 isn't good enough. Just like the whole season. Just like the manager.

It's a great point yes we were 2 goals up but come on we haven't lost the game..Keep the faith we are improving

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12570
Team Supported: Darlington
Are we really improving? I see us making the same basic mistakes every week and nothing is done to solve them


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1378
Team Supported: Darlington
Correct. On the commentary it was obvious that when we lose then all there is no shape in midfield. Just like last year.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1494
Team Supported: Darlington
divas wrote:
Are we really improving? I see us making the same basic mistakes every week and nothing is done to solve them
And they thought they had nicked it at the death but was ruled out for offside so could easily have lost 4-3.Its looking like we need to score 3, possibly 4 to win a game which is just ridiculous

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3635
Team Supported: Darlington
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Ordinarily 3-3 would be a good result.

Except we were 2 goals up again. Except all of the previous draws and defeats are coming home to roost.

So no, 3-3 isn't good enough. Just like the whole season. Just like the manager.

It's a great point yes we were 2 goals up but come on we haven't lost the game..Keep the faith we are improving

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Yes Harry, personally I’ll take that position too. We have had 5 loan signings in, now have some strength on our bench, and it sounds like today all our players put in a good show. Hopefully the lowest point of our season was reached two weeks ago.

Come on Darlo - let’s smash York.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 4248
Team Supported: Darlington
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Ordinarily 3-3 would be a good result.

Except we were 2 goals up again. Except all of the previous draws and defeats are coming home to roost.

So no, 3-3 isn't good enough. Just like the whole season. Just like the manager.

It's a great point yes we were 2 goals up but come on we haven't lost the game..Keep the faith we are improving

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Improving?

Let's not forget, most of the season has been dire. The quality of our performances has been dreadful.

Any improvement is from a really low base. A better phrase would be "We're crap, but not as crap as other games."

Throwing away a 3-1 lead is a massive failure.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3635
Team Supported: Darlington
A “crap” team would of been well beaten though. Like at least the last 5 visitors to Altringham.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2419
Team Supported: Darlington
It was a spirited battling performance but god knws how many goals we will have to score to win a game. We were undone down the flanks yet again.

TW's triple subs after 64 mins didn't help our cause, we conceded seconds later and spent much of the second half on the back foot desperately trying to hold on. Again gave them too much space, stood off and invited pressure.

We also caused their defence a lot of problems in the first half but as said the old weaknesses remain which means we dont look solid enough over the full 90 minutes to win a game. However
Saunders came v close to nicking it near the end. Galbraith had a superb game at the back.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group