Boxing Day v York City

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Boxing Day v York City

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:24 pm

Well looking at the weather forecast for the next three days this one should have no doubt around it, which is a surprise for this time of year. With quite a warm day on Boxing Day expected hopefully we can get a bit of a bumper crowd down to BM.

An entertaining game wouldn't go a miss, with a couple more players hopefully back then Wright will have a selection dilemma - although not sure what goes on in his head most of the time. If Ainge is fit I would be tempted to play him at the back, we could do with the organisation.

Hopefully we can get behind the players during the game and no after game scenes like the last home game, I think the majority are not behind Wright but for me we might as well just get on with it for now as the board are giving him the chance to get some results whilst keeping us away from debt.

Anyone who hasn't got a Season Ticket then buy one early and make the saving and save your cash for the 50/50 ;)

Alfie

Re: Boxing Day v York City

Post by Alfie » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:03 am

I don't think anything the fans do, in terms of booing, chanting etc will have any impact on Wright. If only because of the club's dire financial position I think he is secure to the end of his contract. As we saw with the events at the Nuneaton game the likely consequence of a repeat will be a vacancy for CEO.

Best bet is to turn up and support the team - with the intro of the loanees we seem to be playing decent football at times and might one day learn to defend.

And in any event by Boxing Day afternoon any excuse to get out of the house should be welcome.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:06 am

We need to get behind the team from beginning to the end against York. The lads are now putting in a shift and playing some good football, and the new guys will want to get a good impression of us fans (They may then want to stay longer than a month :) ). Certainly don't want fans getting on the directors back unless of course they are willing to take over the jobs and suffer the abuse themselves (didn't hear of any of them offering to do that after the nuneaton game but I may be wrong?)

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:25 am

50 years wrote:We need to get behind the team from beginning to the end against York. The lads are now putting in a shift and playing some good football, and the new guys will want to get a good impression of us fans (They may then want to stay longer than a month :) ). Certainly don't want fans getting on the directors back unless of course they are willing to take over the jobs and suffer the abuse themselves (didn't hear of any of them offering to do that after the nuneaton game but I may be wrong?)
Spot on.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:38 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
50 years wrote:We need to get behind the team from beginning to the end against York. The lads are now putting in a shift and playing some good football, and the new guys will want to get a good impression of us fans (They may then want to stay longer than a month :) ). Certainly don't want fans getting on the directors back unless of course they are willing to take over the jobs and suffer the abuse themselves (didn't hear of any of them offering to do that after the nuneaton game but I may be wrong?)
Spot on.

Yes spot on from me too.

There's too much negativity on here at present, some are criticising T.W. for absolutely everything - yes he's been poor, yes he's made mistakes - but for now we need to get behind him and the (new look) team. We can beat York, I've seen them 4 times this season and they are nothing special - they don't appear to have any gifted players, but they are of course well drilled.

Come on Darlo.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:57 am

Should darlington put the chances away that they create, we will have every chance. But the defence must perform to a higher standard than previous games. I, m hopeful that we can win this one. And the next to start a run going. Bring your friends let's build the fan base and support the whole of the club. From top to bottom. Be positive it can only get better.
Onwards and upwards with Darlington fc.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:11 pm

Is the bar well stocked with lager?.... just in case Jon Parkin hasn't had his breakfast before he arrives at BM. There, I've done it now, it's bound to come back to bite us on the arse :silent:

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:33 pm

Looking forward to this one. The forecast for the day is good so hopefully we can get 2.5k through the gates.

York have been given 700 standing tickets and 93 seats, lets hope they can get rid of the majority of them.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:50 pm

Looks as if York didn't shift them all as it is now pay on the gate for them.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:54 pm

quakerste wrote:Looks as if York didn't shift them all as it is now pay on the gate for them.
I'm not surprised, as they haven't brought a full allocation for sometime now. I'd take 4 points from the 2 festive games with them.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:21 pm

Never expected a big following as there fans not even as happy as our fans to be honest. Expect sub 2k in numbers which is sad but no trains, both teams not setting league alight so effort needed to get there. But really looking forward to this game as team playing some good football.

"Up the Quakers"

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:54 pm

York fan on Twitter stated they had sold around 500.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:20 pm

quakerste wrote:Looking forward to this one. The forecast for the day is good so hopefully we can get 2.5k through the gates.

York have been given 700 standing tickets and 93 seats, lets hope they can get rid of the majority of them.
God ur a dreamer

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:32 pm

We always used to get half decent holiday crowds even when we were s*** years ago. I’d reckon over 2000 is possible.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:56 am

If York bring around 500, then we should get over 2000. At least their manager won't need a barrier to protect him from the Darlo masses!!!!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:29 am

Just need a barrier to keep Big John away from the pie hut.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:07 am

We all need to get behind the lads and get us over the line for the 3 points.Also the support for DJ and JT is a no brainer regardless of the result, no repeat of the Nuneaton game as we must remember York have a large, expensive full time squad and this game will not be easy.With the fans backing we can beat this lot so bring it on.

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:57 am

Quick question hoping someone can help - If you buy online you get a pound off. However I am sure I have read online somewhere that season ticket holders get so many tickets at a discounted price throughout the season. Is this correct or have I imagined this?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:35 pm

DFCAnth wrote:Quick question hoping someone can help - If you buy online you get a pound off. However I am sure I have read online somewhere that season ticket holders get so many tickets at a discounted price throughout the season. Is this correct or have I imagined this?
Season ticket holders were sent an email containing codes that could be given to friends for reduced entry, to encourage others to go. I can’t remember the savings now, but it was more than £1.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:39 pm

What times kick off, I’m bringing two down with me
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

divas

Post by divas » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:21 pm

DFCAnth wrote:Quick question hoping someone can help - If you buy online you get a pound off. However I am sure I have read online somewhere that season ticket holders get so many tickets at a discounted price throughout the season. Is this correct or have I imagined this?
Two half price tickets for season ticket holders. Must be redeemed online in advance

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:28 pm

Can’t seem to find the email! Never mind.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:03 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:What times kick off, I’m bringing two down with me
Seriously??

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:15 pm

It will all kick off at 4.55 as usual lol!!!

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:24 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Seriously??

Yeah managed to convince them.

dsr

Post by dsr » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:25 pm

Never easy to know how to reply to a question which, for 99+% of people must be obvious - either because they know the answer or know where to find it, if they don’t.
The question can be ignored, or a facetious/rude answer can be given.
I prefer a more positive approach = give the answer and, in the hope that it will encourage the questioner in the future, explain how easily they could have got their answer without asking in the Forum. I would suggest that such an approach is good for the Forum.So...
3.00pm = the almost universal time for non-evening matches.
But, given that strange things can happen at Bank Holiday times, it is easy enough to check all kick off times via the Darlington FC site (as well as a number of others).

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:02 pm

cheers bro. Merry Christmas. Must remember to put my anti-patronising body armour on for asking a question for a bank holiday game in future though. Not everyone lives and breaths DFC knowing the ins and outs of everything.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:34 pm

Genuine seasonal greetings to all on the forum. Let's hope Santa sent Tommy a book about organising a defence. York will be there to be beaten.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:26 pm

dsr wrote:
Never easy to know how to reply to a question which, for 99+% of people must be obvious - either because they know the answer or know where to find it, if they don’t.
The question can be ignored, or a facetious/rude answer can be given.
I prefer a more positive approach = give the answer and, in the hope that it will encourage the questioner in the future, explain how easily they could have got their answer without asking in the Forum. I would suggest that such an approach is good for the Forum.So...
3.00pm = the almost universal time for non-evening matches.
But, given that strange things can happen at Bank Holiday times, it is easy enough to check all kick off times via the Darlington FC site (as well as a number of others).
Love the OCD in this reply :)

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:55 pm

Great weather for the time of year, hopefully will boost the crowd a little.