York V Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: York V Darlington

Post by loan_star » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:57 pm

bga wrote: Fair point loan_star, I have always felt good and bad decisions even out over the course of a season. I am trying to blank out the 5 games I have seen this season as we have only amassed 2 points out of 15...……….you know the rest!
Well I have been away over Xmas and missed two wins!! I feel like I'm a jinx so I apologise for spoiling one of the games you did get to!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:15 pm

We were well beaten and I don't think it was down to a poor referee, though poor he certainly was. I thought we had a very good shout for a penalty early on when Wheatley was clearly bundled over in the box by a York player. And the decision to only hand out a yellow instead of a red in the second half was completely unfathomable. It was as clear a red card as you could get.

The match ref Nathanael Cox does have form for the controversial. You read things like "bizarre decisions" and "baffling" next to his name but the best I read was in a newspaper report from a Scarborough match he took charge of. The report says he turned in "one of the strangest refereeing performances in the history of football" and goes on to say: "Cox elected to sign off in predictably baffling fashion. Jimmy Ghaichem, who had been booked mid-way through the half, took a quick free-kick on the edge of the Burscough box - a move that the official took exception to and the Boro midfielder was sent off."

Maybe both teams got off lightly at Bootham Crescent.... Cox out, I say :D
Last edited by LoidLucan on Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:28 pm

LoidLucan wrote:We were well beaten and I don't think it was down to a poor referee, though poor he certainly was. I thought we had a very good shout for a penalty early on when Wheatley was clearly bundled over in the box by a York player. And the decision to only hand out a yellow instead of a red in the second half was completely unfathomable. It was as clear a red card as you could get.

The match ref Nathanael Cox does has form for the controversial. You read things like "bizarre decisions" and "baffling" next to his name but the best I read was in a newspaper report from a Scarborough match he took charge of. The report says he turned in "one of the strangest refereeing performances in the history of football" and goes on to say: "Cox elected to sign off in predictably baffling fashion. Jimmy Ghaichem, who had been booked mid-way through the half, took a quick free-kick on the edge of the Burscough box - a move that the official took exception to and the Boro midfielder was sent off."

Maybe both teams got off lightly at Bootham Crescent.... Cox out, I say :D
The Trevor Kettle of the National League then!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:47 pm

Remember it well... "Kettle leaves players boiling!" :D

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:39 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Remember it well... "Kettle leaves players boiling!" :D
I remember this too. Kettle completely spoilt the game for everyone - even the Mansfield manager said T.K’s decisions were baffling and he benefited from nearly all of them!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:45 pm

twitter search for Trevor Kettle is quite funny, we are not the only fans who remember him put it that way.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:52 pm

Just listened to the Sam Collins pre match interview with Curzon for their next game and he admits their lad should have been sent off against Darlo. Decisions like this change games, yes we might not have got back into the game (given our record of playing against 10 men) but we might not have got spanked 4-0.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:11 pm

I'll bet the Kidderminster manager is rubbing his hands together in glee after viewing that clown defending against York on the video. For their second goal their player does a s*** job with his header towards goal, so what do we do? Knock it back to him in front of goal for a second go at it, this time with a shot which he gratefully accepts.

For the third goal it is just a punt forward and the scorer is not held in check but allowed to carry the ball about 30 yards with very little challenge until he closes in on goal and can knock it past our keeper. It's just so sloppy. The fourth is laughable too. The scorer is allowed a header but surely it should just be a routine save by Maddison. How the hell did that end up in the net.... even the scorer looked surprised it ended in a goal.

If that is the level of defending we can expect on the run-in, we will be down, no question.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:24 pm

The 3rd goal was ridiculous, he seemed to carry the ball for a good 30 yards without a tackle in sight and the 4th should have been a gift for Maddison but was beaten far too easily yet again and seemed to parry it into the net Yet another howler from our keeper, how long does TW give him before bringing a replacement in If we looked at all the goals we have conceded this season, probably 12 or so could have been prevented.Totally unacceptable

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:06 pm

I see the ref has admitted fuc*ing up on tuesday. A bit late I guess.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:18 pm

loan_star wrote:I see the ref has admitted fuc*ing up on tuesday. A bit late I guess.
Where did you find this out Loan Star?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:41 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
loan_star wrote:I see the ref has admitted fuc*ing up on tuesday. A bit late I guess.
Online Northern Echo

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:41 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
its on the Echo site

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:43 pm

Nice to hear a ref admitting cocking up, but it still doesn't explain how a qualified referee could make such a basic mistake as that

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:28 pm

A lad at work is a York season ticket holder so we have plenty to discuss week in week out. Today I asked him if he’d seen a worse team at BC this season. His response : yes FC United !

The good news is they have yet to play Nuneaton, Ashton and Hereford at BC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:45 pm

Quaker85 wrote:A lad at work is a York season ticket holder so we have plenty to discuss week in week out. Today I asked him if he’d seen a worse team at BC this season. His response : yes FC United !

The good news is they have yet to play Nuneaton, Ashton and Hereford at BC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went to the York/F.C.Utd game at Bootham Crescent and F.C. Utd were all over them! How York won that game I will never know.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:25 pm

Collins has left York after today's defeat

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:31 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Collins has left York after today's defeat

A manager never seems to see a season out there these days and the team seem to get worse under each manager
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:11 pm

Penney has been put in temporary charge of the team but some fans are already calling for his head!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:34 am

Does this mean York will be coming after Tommy now we are above them in the league? ;)

Darlo-and-Back

Post by Darlo-and-Back » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:38 am

shildonlad wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:Collins has left York after today's defeat

A manager never seems to see a season out there these days and the team seem to get worse under each manager
Maybe the two are connected

TDS

Post by TDS » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:47 am

LoidLucan wrote:Penney has been put in temporary charge of the team but some fans are already calling for his head!
Of course they are and quite frankly I'm AMAZED he's still there. Director of football and backed Gray to come in when he did. Clearly part of the problem along with a lot of the players, not all though.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:03 am

TDS wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:Penney has been put in temporary charge of the team but some fans are already calling for his head!
Of course they are and quite frankly I'm AMAZED he's still there. Director of football and backed Gray to come in when he did. Clearly part of the problem along with a lot of the players, not all though.
York fans have wanted rid of him for about 8/9 months now but he is still there

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:09 am

On the York site someone's posted that they need 'the McEwan approach'. That must be Billy? Is he still in management? Heaven knows what they'd make of each other - he might get Parkin fit anyway.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:43 pm

There's also uncertainty about how much the rent will be at their new stadium, some believing as much as 250k.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:29 pm

My God - frying pans and fires comes to mind.

Well, at least they don't have to worry about a midfield with him in charge.

Eyes up, boys.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:08 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
My God - frying pans and fires comes to mind.

Well, at least they don't have to worry about a midfield with him in charge.

Eyes up, boys.
Aye, woe betide the centre back that tries to pass the ball instead of putting his foot through it

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:33 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:There's also uncertainty about how much the rent will be at their new stadium, some believing as much as 250k.
250k?!

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:30 pm

Didn't York go through a period of fan ownership a while back when still a league club, and then along came an 'investor' - no doubt promising the earth. Going well so far...

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:21 pm

Alfie wrote:Didn't York go through a period of fan ownership a while back when still a league club, and then along came an 'investor' - no doubt promising the earth. Going well so far...
Not sure if they were ever fully fan owned but think the supporters trust earn 25%
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams