Darlington V Kidderminster

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

JE93
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Kidderminster

Post by JE93 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:25 pm

Saw a couple of their fans on Twitter describe it as 'fair contact' they did touch but not enough for him to go down for a pen. But like you say will be interesting to see the highlights for it.

Great result for us and adds to our decent form over Christmas. I think I'm in the boat with most fans. I would be delighted for white and Wright to succeed but we just need to see more of what we had yesterday. Organisation, effort and a bit of cutting edge in the final third. Most have said for most of the season, that we have a team of good individual players but we just weren't playing as a team in terms of organisation and structure especially when we lost the ball.

Let's hope we have now turned the corner on this and we get some more good results through the second half of the season which will lift us towards a top half finish. Will be interesting to see how the Nelson loan pans out. I'd want to keep all the other loan signings too maybe with the exception of Wollerton who hasn't shown too much, but to be fair to him he hasn't had a massive amount of opportunities.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:17 pm

We could have two on tuesday at York so one going in our favour was due.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:21 pm

loan_star wrote:We could have two on tuesday at York so one going in our favour was due.
What??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:53 am

Difficult to make out from the main camera angle and the pitch side one has too many players in the way to prove anything useful in regards to the penalty. Tbh they didn't deserve anything and we should have been 3-0 anyway by half time. We've scored, hit the post and their keeper has pulled off a good save from a Saunders header.

Said for most of the season we needed to buck our ideas up at home and we've finally started to do that. Three home wins in a row is great stuff. If we can keep that going we should stay clear of bother. I do love a good away day win, nowt like rocking up at someone's else gaff and taking the points, but you need to do something at home in terms of winning games and sending people home happy. We've finally started to do that.

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:24 am

loan_star wrote:We could have two on tuesday at York so one going in our favour was due.
I'd raise that to should. Both were definite pens - I had a great view of the first, and the second is well documented.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:43 pm

Winning at Blackwell is unacceptable. It'll give the moaners one thing less to moan about, how it is cursed, or similar.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:55 pm

Granted I was far away, but it looked to me like Maddison pulled out as he knew the guy was going to go over. My initial thoughts were dive and the tv replay unfortunately doesn't give any further clues

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:24 pm

Gutted that I missed the game due to work. It's great to see the recent turn around in form and TW getting the team moving forward.