Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by divas » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:59 pm

bga wrote:
OnTheTerraces wrote:I see Williams Kokolo is playing up front for Sunderland u23 tonight, won’t be playing tomorrow then.
Lots of info on website about ticketing, and police advice about the game Tuesday, but nothing about how strong a team we are going to put out. I mean it is not Champions League is it, but if we have sold over 1,000 tickets as the club says, would be a good idea for TW to tell us how seriously we are taking this and maybe hint at team selection? I have a ticket. Maybe will be something on website tomorrow or in the Echo to generate some passion tomorrow night.
People have already bought tickets as you point out, for a reserve game. Hardly going to affect the attendance is it

bga

Post by bga » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:14 pm

divas wrote:
bga wrote:
OnTheTerraces wrote:I see Williams Kokolo is playing up front for Sunderland u23 tonight, won’t be playing tomorrow then.
Lots of info on website about ticketing, and police advice about the game Tuesday, but nothing about how strong a team we are going to put out. I mean it is not Champions League is it, but if we have sold over 1,000 tickets as the club says, would be a good idea for TW to tell us how seriously we are taking this and maybe hint at team selection? I have a ticket. Maybe will be something on website tomorrow or in the Echo to generate some passion tomorrow night.
People have already bought tickets as you point out, for a reserve game. Hardly going to affect the attendance is it
I never said anything about team selection affecting the attendance did I? Just think it would be good to know how seriously we are going to take it. You might be right about a "Reserve" game, but as we don't have such a team you presumably mean mainly Youth team.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:19 pm

Wright said something along the lines of it being better than a training session, so I'd imagine it'll be first team players, possibly minus the loanees and anyone carrying a knock. Although this is pure speculation on my part

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:21 pm

bga wrote:
divas wrote:
bga wrote:
I never said anything about team selection affecting the attendance did I? Just think it would be good to know how seriously we are going to take it. You might be right about a "Reserve" game, but as we don't have such a team you presumably mean mainly Youth team.
Bit of an article online for the Echo, which suggests Wright will probably put a decent team out, it's better than a training session I guess.

To be honest you will find out when the teams are announced, are people that bothered about the team selected?

bga

Post by bga » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:43 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
bga wrote:
divas wrote:
bga wrote:
Bit of an article online for the Echo, which suggests Wright will probably put a decent team out, it's better than a training session I guess.

To be honest you will find out when the teams are announced, are people that bothered about the team selected?
Thanks "Les" I missed that earlier. I would imagine any player would rather play than train, I know I did. We'll see what TW & AW decide in less than 24 hours!

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:47 pm

1400/1500 crowd not bad for a reserve match.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:55 pm

quakersfan wrote:1400/1500 crowd not bad for a reserve match.
Crazy really but hopefully the club can make a few thousand from it after costs and sharing what's left.

Decent friendly/training session as well and then we get back on to the real stuff with the run in to the end of the season, we need some more points on board asap.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:31 am

bga wrote:
Because of this I believe we will field a strong team. I've got my ticket for tonight's game, but does anyone know if the game will feature on Darlo Fans Radio for our far flung supporters?

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:29 am

We are clearly more interested on this message board about the match than Hartlepool, we are winning 218 posts to 33 :D
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:38 pm

quakersfan wrote:1400/1500 crowd not bad for a reserve match.
A crowd Groves would be buzzing over for a first team game!

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:09 pm

Same Darlo team as Saturday winning 1-0 Thompson

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:18 pm

H-T still 1-0

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:56 pm

1758 there 139 poollies

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:10 pm

1-1 now

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:11 pm

2-1 poolie 2 goals in 2 mins

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:50 pm

Oh dear.

What a shame.

Never mind.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:52 pm

Match report:

We played well for 80 minutes against an absolutely dire Hartlepool Reserves side. Missed loads of chances to seal the win before handing them the game with two dreadful defensive lapses near the end, thus deflating 1,700 fans who turned up at BM. Still, the tie did feature the word Cup so it's maybe what we should have expected.

The night also featured the biggest overkill of football policing I have ever seen in my life with what seemed like a policeman for virtually each of the 139 Hartlepool fans along with drones and countless police vans around the stadium.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:55 pm

Well thank goodness we didn't massively overblow the importance of this utterly nothing Durham County Cup game, thereby making ourselves look like idiots when we lost it, and encouraging our already somewhat short of thinking manager to play a full team when we have a threadbare squad and an actual league match for points on Saturday.

That would have been a bad idea, wouldn't it?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:58 pm

Possible injuries to O'Hanlon, Galbraith and Wheatley on a steadily freezing pitch.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:06 pm

Well that makes it all even better.

bga

Post by bga » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:25 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Match report:

We played well for 80 minutes against an absolutely dire Hartlepool Reserves side. Missed loads of chances to seal the win before handing them the game with two dreadful defensive lapses near the end, thus deflating 1,700 fans who turned up at BM. Still, the tie did feature the word Cup so it's maybe what we should have expected.

The night also featured the biggest overkill of football policing I have ever seen in my life with what seemed like a policeman for virtually each of the 138 Hartlepool fans along with drones and countless police vans around the stadium.
Agree with most of the above but were Poolie that dire, I didn't think so? They worked hard and won the corner count in the first half easily.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:27 pm

Our squad is far too thin and Tommy without a doubt needs another striker urgently.Another midfielder with some physical presence and a keeper to put some pressure on Maddison are no brainers, and obviously these need to be loan signings.Ridiculous scoreline tonight, but missed chances and defensive cockups are what we have become accustomed to.Looks like Burn will be seen as responsible for both goals but could Maddison have done better for the first?.Not 100% but it seemed saveable to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:30 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Possible injuries to O'Hanlon, Galbraith and Wheatley on a steadily freezing pitch.
Injuries that could have happened when training too. None of the injuries were down to being clobbered by an opponent.

bga

Post by bga » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:32 pm

quakerman wrote:Our squad is far too thin and Tommy without a doubt needs another striker urgently.Another midfielder with some physical presence and a keeper to put some pressure on Maddison are no brainers, and obviously these need to be loan signings.Ridiculous scoreline tonight, but missed chances and defensive cockups are what we have become accustomed to.Looks like Burn will be seen as responsible for both goals but could Maddison have done better for the first?.Not 100% but it seemed saveable to me.

I thought Ainge was responsible for the 2nd goal?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:36 pm

bga wrote:
quakerman wrote:Our squad is far too thin and Tommy without a doubt needs another striker urgently.Another midfielder with some physical presence and a keeper to put some pressure on Maddison are no brainers, and obviously these need to be loan signings.Ridiculous scoreline tonight, but missed chances and defensive cockups are what we have become accustomed to.Looks like Burn will be seen as responsible for both goals but could Maddison have done better for the first?.Not 100% but it seemed saveable to me.

Burn played him a terrible pass and landed Ainge in it.
All the players were having a go at Burn for it.

en passant

Post by en passant » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:42 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Match report:

The night also featured the biggest overkill of football policing I have ever seen in my life with what seemed like a policeman for virtually each of the 138 Hartlepool fans along with drones and countless police vans around the stadium.
Agree with all above, and even more so with the second paragraph. The way the police were moving the Darlo fans down Grange Road was causing more uproar than it was solving, and seemed to being used as some sort of training exercise just in case Brexit and the collapse of the high street lead to a breakdown in civilisation as we know it.

bga

Post by bga » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:44 pm

loan_star wrote:
bga wrote:

Burn played him a terrible pass and landed Ainge in it.
All the players were having a go at Burn for it.
Still thought it was a very weak clearance from Ainge so I am going to blame him!

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:45 pm

What is happening with Burn?

His confidence seems totally shot and, given his prior experience, he was expected to boss this level.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:23 am

Beano wrote:What is happening with Burn?

His confidence seems totally shot and, given his prior experience, he was expected to boss this level.
Not if you watched him at York last season..
They couldn't wait to get rid..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:44 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Beano wrote:What is happening with Burn?

Not if you watched him at York last season..
They couldn't wait to get rid..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
He’s gone from being a fancied prospect at Bristol Rovers to not getting in York’s squad to not getting in our first 11 in the space of 12 months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk