Pools

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

tdk1
Team Supported: Darlington

Pools

Post by tdk1 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:50 pm

Swapped money and hignett to try to improve their fortunes, the echo says. They're a bit of a mess aren't they?

Interesting quote from our mate raj... " “My investment in the club has been significant and I will continue to support the club financially, but we must see progress."

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Re: Pools

Post by shildonlad » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:28 pm

tdk1 wrote:Swapped money and hignett to try to improve their fortunes, the echo says. They're a bit of a mess aren't they?

Interesting quote from our mate raj... " “My investment in the club has been significant and I will continue to support the club financially, but we must see progress."
So in other words if they don’t get promoted next season he’s off. Very bizarre this, a swapping of roles between manager and director of football
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:36 pm

It's very odd. That article talks as if they had some big upturn in form under hignett, which I'm not sure is the case.

Who knows what Singh will do, but that isn't the kind of statement that would fill. Me with glee.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:06 pm

Don’t say we didn’t warn you. Gap is closing.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:23 pm

And so it begins

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:32 pm

Playing them in the league next season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:22 pm

What a Shambles PJ. :lol:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:21 am

What a mess they are in, Raj already stating his financial support but adding that he wants to see "progress" from the club.This could be the start ....think we might just have a gut feeling where we have heard this before.Would not swap our position with theirs tbh, happy to slowly consolidate on and off the field.Money will be off the payroll anytime now, would put money on it.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:24 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:What a mess they are in, Raj already stating his financial support but adding that he wants to see "progress" from the club.This could be the start ....think we might just have a gut feeling where we have heard this before.Would not swap our position with theirs tbh, happy to slowly consolidate on and off the field.Money will be off the payroll anytime now, would put money on it.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
Nope, both on and off the pitch they are in free-fall. It wouldn't surprise me if we faced them in the league next season. Perhaps Raj is now realising the mess he left at Darlo.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:53 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:.....Money will be off the payroll anytime now, would put money on it.
and they say there's too much money in football...

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:54 pm

tdk1 wrote:Swapped money and hignett to try to improve their fortunes, the echo says. They're a bit of a mess aren't they?

How long before

"My investment..." becomes "My Loans"?
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:02 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:

How long before

"My investment..." becomes "My Loans"?
And make sure the 'Golden Share' is locked away from his grubby paws.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:30 pm

Met a poolie family in Stockton whilst working and they fear the worst with Hignett back in charge of team affairs. They think they'll be playing us next season.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:55 pm

Remember whenever you deceive it comes back and bites your arse, raj Singh, what golden share honestly I gave it to my solicitor to hand onto the supporters group taking over honestly, he is a liar, investments turned into personal loans to which there was no way of paying, only option for him liquidity, poor management of football finance.
Put simply he didn't have a clue what he was doing within football area, led by the nose from previous incumbent.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:28 pm

They sack mathew bates and do worse, money has only been there a few weeks so still early days and not given it a fair go. Very odd goings on. God knows when last time was pools had a manager for a full season
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:55 pm

shildonlad wrote:God knows when last time was pools had a manager for a full season
Colin Cooper, I think. He managed to get through the whole of 13/14 season. They've made 13 (13!) managerial appointments in the 4 1/4 years since Cooper went. Even if you take out the caretakers they've still had nine 'permanent' managers in that time #basketcase