Bradford PA

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Makka Pakka
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Bradford PA

Post by Makka Pakka » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:11 pm

spen666 wrote:
Makka Pakka wrote:I imagine they could get into a lot of trouble if they are intentionally making changes to lose some games, no wonder that those player comments disappeared so quickly.
How can you punish a side for selling / releasing players to avoid making losses?

That allegation could be laid at Darlington for selling Dtyche and at most clubs who sell players.

I know where you are coming from, but a loss making club have a perfect defence to such allegations.

It would be different perhaps if club were profitable, but even then, it's up to a club who they buy and srll
The comments seem to be hinting that it is the costs at the next level that are the problem so deliberately weakening the team to avoid winning games is dodgy. Darlo, as far as I know are still trying their best to get promoted despite the fire sale.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:53 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:
spen666 wrote:
Makka Pakka wrote:I imagine they could get into a lot of trouble if they are intentionally making changes to lose some games, no wonder that those player comments disappeared so quickly.
How can you punish a side for selling / releasing players to avoid making losses?

That allegation could be laid at Darlington for selling Dtyche and at most clubs who sell players.

I know where you are coming from, but a loss making club have a perfect defence to such allegations.

It would be different perhaps if club were profitable, but even then, it's up to a club who they buy and srll
The comments seem to be hinting that it is the costs at the next level that are the problem so deliberately weakening the team to avoid winning games is dodgy. Darlo, as far as I know are still trying their best to get promoted despite the fire sale.[/quoti was not accusing Darlington of anything. I was showing how hard it is to prove a side have sold or released players to avoid promotion.

Indeed Bradford (Park Avenue) have released statement insisting they still want promotion this season

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:50 pm

It's all down to interpretation anyway on this issue. No-one could ever prove anything.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:20 pm

Another way for teams to avoid promotion is to not invest in ground. Mind north ferriby never and still went up and frankly i think they should never have been allowed in the play offs, ditto for Solihull who’s ground is very poor and way off football league standard
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:23 pm

Players saying publicly that they have been released because their club doesn't want promotion is a good place to start.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883