HIGH RISK MATCH

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, botrash, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
eddie-rowles
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

HIGH RISK MATCH

Post by eddie-rowles » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:33 pm

Received the following explanation from Durham and Darlington Crime commissioner for the over the top police attendance against Hartlepool
"The Fixture was graded as Category C (high risk) due to historical rivalry between clubs that resulted in serious disorder and damage together with current intelligence suggesting that a large number of risk supporters were attending Darlington with intent on causing disorder.

Intelligence came true that a large number of opposing risk attended the game who required a police escort to the ground as a significant number of home risk were attempting to locate them.

The key Strategic Intentions were to promote public confidence and reassurance by creating a safe environment and minimise the risk to the public and those attending the match.

There was pre-planned disorder resulting in 3 arrests." God knows what they would do if 200 poolies came!

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1417
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: HIGH RISK MATCH

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:57 pm

We had some discussion on the way to Curzon that maybe the police were using it as a practice as they did at Salford once but apparently not. Better safe than sorry after the Spenny shenanigans?

User avatar
Makka Pakka
Posts: 1197
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Newton Aycliffe

Re: HIGH RISK MATCH

Post by Makka Pakka » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:04 pm

Isn't it possible that the "over the top" Police presence prevented problems happening?
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Darlopartisan
Posts: 484
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: HIGH RISK MATCH

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:12 pm

So we had to pay for their training exercise :silent:

quakersfan
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: HIGH RISK MATCH

Post by quakersfan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:22 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:So we had to pay for their training exercise :silent:
I asked the same question on the night to a club official and we didn’t pay towards police costs. If Hartlepool had sold 500/600 tickets it might have been mayhem so best the polocenplan for it.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11478
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: HIGH RISK MATCH

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:42 am

quakersfan wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:So we had to pay for their training exercise :silent:
I asked the same question on the night to a club official and we didn’t pay towards police costs. If Hartlepool had sold 500/600 tickets it might have been mayhem so best the polocenplan for it.
I always thought that we were only responsible for policing costs inside the ground?

spen666
Posts: 1448
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: HIGH RISK MATCH

Post by spen666 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:19 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
quakersfan wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:So we had to pay for their training exercise :silent:
I asked the same question on the night to a club official and we didn’t pay towards police costs. If Hartlepool had sold 500/600 tickets it might have been mayhem so best the polocenplan for it.
I always thought that we were only responsible for policing costs inside the ground?
That is correct... There have been numerous court cases where police have lost when trying to charge for policing outside...

However, policing public areas is not clubs responsibility... The area from main road to ground is something police may be able to charge for as its private land. It's a bit more complicated that bit
_________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @spen_666

User avatar
MKDarlo
Posts: 1026
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:39 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: HIGH RISK MATCH

Post by MKDarlo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:20 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:Received the following explanation from Durham and Darlington Crime commissioner for the over the top police attendance against Hartlepool
"The Fixture was graded as Category C (high risk) due to historical rivalry between clubs that resulted in serious disorder and damage together with current intelligence suggesting that a large number of risk supporters were attending Darlington with intent on causing disorder.

Intelligence came true that a large number of opposing risk attended the game who required a police escort to the ground as a significant number of home risk were attempting to locate them.

The key Strategic Intentions were to promote public confidence and reassurance by creating a safe environment and minimise the risk to the public and those attending the match.

There was pre-planned disorder resulting in 3 arrests." God knows what they would do if 200 poolies came!
A sensible decision considering the potential for silliness!
Darlopartisan wrote:So we had to pay for their training exercise :silent:
Don't the club only pay for police costs inside the ground?

Post Reply