York v Hereford

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quaker85
Team Supported: Darlington

York v Hereford

Post by Quaker85 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:46 pm

1-2

Not a great result for us. York v Ashton on Saturday looks. Looks like we’re being sucked right back into the relegation scrap now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlo2807

Re: York v Hereford

Post by Darlo2807 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:02 pm

Ashton win and we lose Saturday and we are right back in the mix with a lot of tricky fixtures coming up

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:52 am

York :o

They've got no chance of going down......... right???

I'll be amazed if they don't start to push up the league shortly however the fact remains that s*** can happen and they haven't got a very good team.

This became clear to me when when Gray signed Tait and Griffiths from Spennymoor at the start of the season. Gray had two holes to fill, probably couldn't get his preferred targets and had to make do, and if you look through their squad, there's little strength and few characters. This is possibly because there has been too many managers coming and going, each one having to ship players in and out fast and then not given the time to implement their plans.

Which begs the question, what does Penney actually do?

Meanwhile Parkin, the one player who might have pushed them on is over the hill and Bartlett (who was doing really well) has lost form and is making mistakes, getting nervy, and getting criticised.

So, York have a new stadium on the way, a full time team, a director of football and a seemingly good new manager but when they kick off a game of football they also have an out of form, low on confidence team and a mainly unhappy, dispirited fanbase.

I've seen them 6 times this season under 3 different managers and the only time they looked any good was when they were smashing us on New Years Day.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:44 pm

They will stay up if the beat Ashton on Sat

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:55 pm

It would take a brave man to put their shirt on that.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:13 pm

I honestly think it'll be the current three who will go down.... surely York have to bounce at some point. I do believe we are good enough for a better league finish than we are now... although i've concerns going into next season.