You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:10 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2483
Team Supported: Darlington
Well Blyth's Mr Happy Alun Armstrong certainly wasn't impressed with the game. He barked: "The officials cost wuh. They can't keep coming here and giving everything against us."

Apparently one of the worst games ever seen at Croft Park and neither side created any chances and it was only the officials that denied them at least a point in a lousy game.


Last edited by LoidLucan on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 pm
Posts: 82
Team Supported: Darlington
Great display yesterday. Had a night in Newcastle it’s still amazes me when chatting to toon fans that they still ask is Reynolds still in charge.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 1271
Team Supported: Darlington
quakersfan wrote:
Great display yesterday. Had a night in Newcastle it’s still amazes me when chatting to toon fans that they still ask is Reynolds still in charge.


Toon fans not yet realised that you never see Ashley & Reynolds together at the same time. Master of disguise 'chameleon' George ;) He promised himself a Premiership side :!:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1526
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
Well Blyth's Mr Happy Alun Armstrong certainly wasn't impressed with the game. He barked: "The officials cost wuh. They can't keep coming here and giving everything against us."

Apparently one of the worst games ever seen at Croft Park and neither side created any chances and it was only the officials that denied them at least a point in a lousy game.
Think he was at a different game, Ainges header, the shot from Nicholson that Jameson saved, that disallowed goal, the one on one near the end, I think that is 4 chances against their single shot at goal.And taking into account our league position before the game, what does he expect.Tends to moan a lot when they get beat and always seems to pass the buck.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1375
Team Supported: Darlington
jjljks wrote:
quakersfan wrote:
Great display yesterday. Had a night in Newcastle it’s still amazes me when chatting to toon fans that they still ask is Reynolds still in charge.


Toon fans not yet realised that you never see Ashley & Reynolds together at the same time. Master of disguise 'chameleon' George ;) He promised himself a Premiership side :!:



Think you have hit upon something there

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 5136
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_CR wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Brilliant performance today by the whole team. Very hard and perhaps unfair to pick a MOTM, but I thought Trotman was superb. As others have said this was a great and perhaps unexpected result. Great following from Darlo as per usual.
One of his best performances of the season, great energy up and down the right hand side, Smith will be some player and Tez and Hughes were as solid as a rock.Wouldn't mind that defence for next season.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I wonder what the chances are of us signing Smith in the summer, he’s out of contract at the end of the season.


Absolutely no chance of us signing him permanently and probably little chance of getting him on loan again.

It's like Pears last season, you just know he is too good for this level already. Presume he would get a new contract and be loaned out to National League/League 2 club.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:02 pm
Posts: 202
Team Supported: Darlington
Just watched the disallowed goal, still can't see anything wrong with that, looked a good goal, or should have been another penalty given their player took out our player before Thommo put ball in the net. Thought that the ref and one of the linesmen were more generous to Blyth than us so don't know what Armstrong was on about, they we far more physical than us but booked our players very quickly but hardly talked to there players.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2483
Team Supported: Darlington
You are right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the goal that was disallowed. The player who went down injured just pulled a calf muscle and no-one was near him and, if anything, it should have been a penalty as the ball came in and there was a foul by the Blyth player before Thommo put it in the net. Ridiculous decision and you can see now why it was a complete mystery to fans and players alike.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Posts: 888
Team Supported: Darlington
Smith is 20. I'm not entirely sure he'll get his contract renewed by Barnsley. He hasn't troubled their first team at all, and we're his first loan. It's a bit of a rubbish reality that league clubs expect to have seen something by now - but also an opportunity for clubs such as ourselves to pick up players who have still potential to play at a higher level.

Someone might pick him up from a league above, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he might be let go by Barnsley, and we might have a shot (if the budget would allow for it).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Posts: 152
Team Supported: Darlington
H1987 wrote:
Smith is 20. I'm not entirely sure he'll get his contract renewed by Barnsley. He hasn't troubled their first team at all, and we're his first loan. It's a bit of a rubbish reality that league clubs expect to have seen something by now - but also an opportunity for clubs such as ourselves to pick up players who have still potential to play at a higher level.

Someone might pick him up from a league above, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he might be let go by Barnsley, and we might have a shot (if the budget would allow for it).


Especially if they get promoted to the Championship


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12671
Team Supported: Darlington
I believe Palmer signed a new deal before he came back on loan. Smith didn’t. Read into that what you will.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 5136
Team Supported: Darlington
H1987 wrote:
Smith is 20. I'm not entirely sure he'll get his contract renewed by Barnsley. He hasn't troubled their first team at all, and we're his first loan. It's a bit of a rubbish reality that league clubs expect to have seen something by now - but also an opportunity for clubs such as ourselves to pick up players who have still potential to play at a higher level.

Someone might pick him up from a league above, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he might be let go by Barnsley, and we might have a shot (if the budget would allow for it).


Anything can happen I suppose.

So if you had to pick now what will happen after what you have seen of Smith and no doubt reports have been sent back to Barnsley, what would you guess at in the summer.

I am going for Smith will either get a new contract or sign for someone higher than Nat North, the other option is he is released and signs for Nat North level or below, which option you putting your money on?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:35 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5874
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
You are right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the goal that was disallowed. The player who went down injured just pulled a calf muscle and no-one was near him and, if anything, it should have been a penalty as the ball came in and there was a foul by the Blyth player before Thommo put it in the net. Ridiculous decision and you can see now why it was a complete mystery to fans and players alike.


Just watched that back, looks like the Darlo player who went down fouled the Blyth player with his back lol :lol:
Awful decision by the ref.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:57 pm
Posts: 51
Location: Middleton St George
Team Supported: Darlington
If we can shift the high earners who aren’t contributing then maybe we can get Smith and have some change. I’m thinking Burn and Ainge ... I’m presuming they are high earners.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 5136
Team Supported: Darlington
OnTheTerraces wrote:
If we can shift the high earners who aren’t contributing then maybe we can get Smith and have some change. I’m thinking Burn and Ainge ... I’m presuming they are high earners.


Don't you think a full time club would take a punt on Smith if he didn't sign for Barnsley. He has only just turned 20 and if anyone is watching him week in/week out you can see his quality.

I may well be proved wrong but I see a player that is far too good for this division and he will be snapped up by a team higher up than us. Also no doubt he is an ambitious lad if he has an offer of full time football he will take it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12671
Team Supported: Darlington
Why would anyone take Ainge or Burn for what they are paid here if they’re not performing? Unfortunately Spenny don’t need our cast offs anymore


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 5136
Team Supported: Darlington
divas wrote:
Why would anyone take Ainge or Burn for what they are paid here if they’re not performing? Unfortunately Spenny don’t need our cast offs anymore


Think this is why we need to be a bit more careful with contract offers and reliant on the manager to get it right most times, we just can't afford passengers.

You get the feeling we signed Burn & Ainge on reputation, not what they had done in the 6 months or so.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1410
Team Supported: Darlington
We'd signed Ainge as someone who was a great header of the ball. His chance yesterday, the Hereford miss, he'd have buried them for Harrogate. It's just not happening for him.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Posts: 570
Team Supported: Darlington
Ainge could be a good replacement for Smith next season as we will no doubt lose him.Burn is hopefully on a one season deal and will be in the Northern league next year.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 5136
Team Supported: Darlington
Vodka_Vic wrote:
We'd signed Ainge as someone who was a great header of the ball. His chance yesterday, the Hereford miss, he'd have buried them for Harrogate. It's just not happening for him.


Form, confidence, regular playing in one position all have a factor in this.

Since his injury last season he hasn't had a good run in a team up front really, with that and about to turn 31 maybe we won't see the best of him.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 5136
Team Supported: Darlington
Emdubya wrote:
Ainge could be a good replacement for Smith next season as we will no doubt lose him.Burn is hopefully on a one season deal and will be in the Northern league next year.


Need some legs in there, can't play Hughes, Galbraith and Ainge, well you can but I would be concerned we would get caught for pace/getting back in too much.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12671
Team Supported: Darlington
I’d rather see Vaulks with Galbraith and Hughes/Ainge at the back next season. Sounds like the loan spell has done him the world of good.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:02 pm
Posts: 202
Team Supported: Darlington
Ainge was slow, and static in the first half, there were a few balls put forward that could have been useful if he had moved in anticipation early, but seemed to wait for the ball to bounce before moving, second half he was more mobile and closed players down and was much better.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12671
Team Supported: Darlington
Joe Leesley at Harrogate is a great crosser of the ball who has had over 25 assists in both of his previous two seasons at Harrogate. Even Paddy Deane could probably have scored 10-15


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 1713
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
Well Blyth's Mr Happy Alun Armstrong certainly wasn't impressed with the game. He barked: "The officials cost wuh. They can't keep coming here and giving everything against us."

Apparently one of the worst games ever seen at Croft Park and neither side created any chances and it was only the officials that denied them at least a point in a lousy game.


Bloody hell the guy is Mr Dour isn't he, yes it was a bad decision but they had plenty of time to respond and didn't - but of course its the ref's fault.

_________________
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:36 am 
Online

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 1088
Team Supported: Darlington
Just watched the highlights. Agree with other posters. Don't think either pentaly shout was, but can't see any reason for the disallowed goal not to count. It was either a goal or a pen to us.

Credit to the team for a very resilient display. If we can start to grind out results like that more often there no reason a top half finish isn't possible.

Think muggleton may be worth a few goals on his own this season. We should be doing a lot more of what you see in the first 30 seconds of the highlights. Get teams pinned in and under pressure in their own box. Hope the knock he took second half wasn't too bad.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:42 am
Posts: 1607
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
Team Supported: Darlington
I think Muggleton will be instructed to throw long into the box onto Ainge's head and wham! we have a winner....hopefully.

_________________
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5219
Team Supported: Darlington
Based on the highlights it was never a pen, and neither was Blyths shout. But also there's no discernible reason why our goal was disallowed either. Perhaps things do even themselves out

A good win. And coupled with Ashton's defeat we now have a decent gap from the relegation zone. 3 home games in a row now, albeit against tough opposition. If we can get a couple more wins soon we can start looking up and trying to finish in the top half of the table, which would be something of a success after the first half of the season

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupport ... /donations

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 11276
Team Supported: Darlington
JE93 wrote:
Just watched the highlights. Agree with other posters. Don't think either pentaly shout was, but can't see any reason for the disallowed goal not to count. It was either a goal or a pen to us.

Credit to the team for a very resilient display. If we can start to grind out results like that more often there no reason a top half finish isn't possible.

Think muggleton may be worth a few goals on his own this season. We should be doing a lot more of what you see in the first 30 seconds of the highlights. Get teams pinned in and under pressure in their own box. Hope the knock he took second half wasn't too bad.


Yeh I thought our penalty was very soft as was there claim for a penalty in the second half. I doubt we'd be able to offer Smith a contract next season, as he'll get better offers from higher clubs. But if Smith enjoys the next couple of months, then you never know he may feel it could be better for his career to stay with us, especially given our track record of players going to clubs further up the pyramid.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5219
Team Supported: Darlington
I'd say we have almost no chance of signing Smith. If he's released from Barnsley I reckon there will be pro teams willing to give him a chance as he's performing very well for us. And if he didn't get signed up by a pro team and slipped to this level - well there will be bigger spenders than us sniffing around.

Just got to hope that Wright can find more loanees of the quality of the likes of Smith, Palmer, Nelson and Pears next season to bolster the squad

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupport ... /donations

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AndyPark, Darlo_CR, JE93, joejaques, loan_star and 58 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group