Step 4 Reorganisation

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Darlogramps
Posts: 4529
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:04 am

lo36789 wrote:As I say - belief is that it was but I’m not sure it’s so true anymore - using the ease to which NL clubs have been seen off by teams from other divisions.

Back when no teams took promotion so every non-league player in the north east ended up basically in the northern league. I don’t think that is true anymore given Spennymoor, Darlington, South Shields, Marke and Morpeth have strong contingents of northern based players in their teams. And actually to an extent Hartlepool and York dropping into non-league means they will be a safety net for north east based player before they hit the northern league (although their full time status meansf a players ‘home’ location has less bearing)

Those players 5 years ago would have all been playing in the Northern League - now they are not and to suggest there is some sort of endless supply of talented footballers in the north east who are of a greater standard than the rest of the country doesn’t stack up.

I tell you what. How about we pick this up in 2 years when my bet is that there will be 3 teams in NPLPD recently promoted from NWCPD (Atherton Colls, Runcorn Linnets & City of Liverpool). Because you are trying to base the now on results from 5 years ago - whereas I am trying to use the now as the evidence of now.
Again with the strawman arguments.

I'm not basing anything on five years ago. And you know fine well I'm not. It really shows you up when you try and denigrate an argument with blatantly false rubbish like this. This is worse behaviour than me throwing an insult at you.

I'm basing it on historical results up to and including this season. The bar you've basically set is dominance = Northern League sides winning every game. That is wholly unrealistic.

Actually a lot of Northern League sides end up being drawn against each other. There are only three divisions for the North (NL, NWCFL and NCEL) so inevitably a lot of NL sides end up playing each other.

Ultimately, if one division out of 14 wins a competition eight out 10 years, supplying more than half the finalists in that time, it is demonstrating dominance. I can't seriously believe you're trying to argue otherwise.

You're also arguing that the NL is pitched against all other leagues combined. It's not. No other individual Step Five league has a record on a par with the NL. Both in terms of the Vase or progress of promoted sides. Name me another division which has provided eight of the last 10 winners, or more than half of the last decade's finalists. Or had at least one representative in the quarter finals for a decade.

No other division gets close to that.

The three sides you mentioned could well get promoted. But it won't prove the NWCFL is stronger than the NL. Unless you're expecting us, Spennymoor and South Shields to all be relegated to Step 4 in two year's time.

Lo - in this thread you really have demonstrated stupidity of the worst kind. You deliberately denigrate arguments (discussed earlier). You twist what other people say (see your twisting of Darlo2807's initial comments). You get basic facts wrong and fail to correct them (forgetting we won the NL in 2013). You ignore important counter-points which are inconvenient to you (the point of finalists). Your points illogical (e.g. you watch more football, therefore you're right).

Ultimately I believe I've successfully demonstrated the Northern League is still the strongest step 5 division.

It's performance this season in the Vase is no worse so far than previous years. Historically if HAS dominated the Vase (the best means of comparing the divisions) and up to at least season, has continued that trend. Promoted sides almost always succeed higher up. No other division has a record like it.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789
Posts: 8025
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by lo36789 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:46 am

Darlogramps wrote:Ultimately I believe I've successfully demonstrated the Northern League is still the strongest step 5 division.

It's performance this season in the Vase is no worse so far than previous years. Historically if HAS dominated the Vase (the best means of comparing the divisions) and up to at least season, has continued that trend. Promoted sides almost always succeed higher up. No other division has a record like it.
I think you've successfully demonstrate that every season one team from the Northern League does well in the National Competition and that invariably not many other teams in the league do.

I don't believe that has demonstrate that the NL is stronger than the other 13 divisions as a whole. I personally don't believe that Vase statistics in terms of winners / finalists proves that as teams like Hereford, Sholing, Cleethorpes and Billericay get to the final because they are a single team in a division who have money thrown at them and it hugely distorts things.

If I am honest I can't really be bothered to regress the analysis in order to show NL teams versus the various other divisions on a whole on this season versus previous seasons.

I don't dispute that the Northern League in recent years was the strongest of the step 5 divisions I just don't think it is anywhere near the strength it was when Marske, Morpeth, Spennymoor, Darlington and South Shields were in it, and actually it is a pretty 'normal' step 5 division nowadays.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4529
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:58 pm

lo36789 wrote: I think you've successfully demonstrate that every season one team from the Northern League does well in the National Competition and that invariably not many other teams in the league do.
It's not one team! How many more times? Why do you keep distorting and twisting this? It's 11 teams getting to the final, it's 12 separate teams reaching the last eight. If a side from the same division gets to the final every season for the past decade, it unequivocally shows that division is stronger than the 13 other divisions.

There are only eight quarter final places available. If they were all taken by Northern League sides, you'd still say "Most of the division has been knocked out." I'm genuinely interested in what you class as dominant for a division in the FA Vase.

You really can't accept being wrong, can you? No wonder you get insults thrown at you.
I don't believe that has demonstrate that the NL is stronger than the other 13 divisions as a whole. I personally don't believe that Vase statistics in terms of winners / finalists proves that as teams like Hereford, Sholing, Cleethorpes and Billericay get to the final because they are a single team in a division who have money thrown at them and it hugely distorts things.
Eight winners of the last 10. 11 finalists of the last 20. At least one representative in the quarter finals since 2008. No division does better than that.

That's not a one-off or a freak occurrence. It's consistent dominance. The facts don't lie.

In fact, you've just damaged your own argument even further by saying teams from other divisions have only got to the final by spending big (i.e. if they were "normal" spenders, they wouldn't make it). That would indicate the other leagues are weaker.

Furthermore, of the sides in the last five years or so, only South Shields actually got to the final of the Vase while topping the league. Morpeth, North Shields, Stockton and Spennymoor all had another side ahead of them in the division. This takes away from your point about it being down to money.

It is absolutely fine to admit you're wrong. All the stats presented in this thread show you are.
If I am honest I can't really be bothered to regress the analysis in order to show NL teams versus the various other divisions on a whole on this season versus previous seasons.
You can't be bothered to look into it because you're worried it might show you to be wrong. Even more wrong than you already are. Stating a point but not being arsed to back it up makes that opinion worthless.
I don't dispute that the Northern League in recent years was the strongest of the step 5 divisions I just don't think it is anywhere near the strength it was when Marske, Morpeth, Spennymoor, Darlington and South Shields were in it, and actually it is a pretty 'normal' step 5 division nowadays.
But you've presented nothing that shows that. We've already established Northern League performance in the FA Vase this season is in line with previous seasons (when even you admit the Northern League was the strongest Step Five division).

You've stated an opinion - fine. But all the statistics, historical performances, current season performance don't back that up. In fact they contradict it.

Also you've just spent an entire thread saying the fact they made it to the final wasn't a sign of the Northern League's strength. Now you're saying it was in fact strongest up until last season (given that's when Marske and Morpeth were in the Northern League).

Well done on conceding ground on this point. Now you just have to admit you were wrong on the Northern League dominating the FA Vase.

P.S. You're still ignoring the fact you forgot Darlington won the Northern League in 2013.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789
Posts: 8025
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by lo36789 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:41 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Also you've just spent an entire thread saying the fact they made it to the final wasn't a sign of the Northern League's strength. Now you're saying it was in fact strongest up until last season (given that's when Marske and Morpeth were in the Northern League).
Not quite I questioned whether results in this seasons Vase illustrated that the division is the strongest of them all...but hey ho.

Hold up now who is twisting things. This debate was never about NL teams dominating the vase the debate was whether the Northern League this season is the strongest step 5 league in the country (as evidenced by dominating the vase).

NL have not 'dominated' the vase this season. They have performed worse than the North West Counties in the vase and actually worse than some of the other leagues.
Darlogramps wrote:P.S. You're still ignoring the fact you forgot Darlington won the Northern League in 2013.
Oh i thought I mentioned that before must have deleted it. No I forgot Spennymoor were absolute minnow that season weren't they mid table no where near the top.

Last post I'm making on the topic as well and before you say "oh thats the sign of a beaten man" no it's simply as I have much better things to do than argue the toss over something which I actually care very little about in truth.

In fact you know what I actually care that little that I'll just concede I'm wrong your right done and dusted. If I'm brutally honest I've lost track of when the exam question became "are NL teams successful in the vase" which it now seems to have been twisted into - so toodles.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1494
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:03 pm

Did anyone else read through all of this Gramps v lo thread? I'm amazed I didn't fall asleep but I've struggled to keep up with this and can't remember what it was about!

Quaker85
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by Quaker85 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:08 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Did anyone else read through all of this Gramps v lo thread? I'm amazed I didn't fall asleep but I've struggled to keep up with this and can't remember what it was about!
Every thread gets turned into a pissing contest. Gramps v somebody

It’s getting very boring now.

Can we please get back OT or there’s no point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shildonlad
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by shildonlad » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:25 pm

This thread was really interesting when it started with some very valid informative points about norhern league and the state of north east football but it seems to have turned into a slagging match between a couple of posters. Shame
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

User avatar
QuakerPete
Posts: 1102
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by QuakerPete » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:28 pm

Note to self -
DON’T open the “Step 4 Reorganisation” thread
DON’T open the “Step 4 Reorganisation” thread
DON’T open the “Step 4 Reorganisation” thread
EVER!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlogramps
Posts: 4529
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:35 am

lo36789 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Also you've just spent an entire thread saying the fact they made it to the final wasn't a sign of the Northern League's strength. Now you're saying it was in fact strongest up until last season (given that's when Marske and Morpeth were in the Northern League).
Not quite I questioned whether results in this seasons Vase illustrated that the division is the strongest of them all...but hey ho.
Yep, and I said that was a poor way of judging things (which it is) because of one-off factors - the same argument you then used later on. Hypocrisy much?

I then argued looking at the last 10 seasons was a better judge, and pointed out the NL had dominated the Vase up to last season (suggesting it is the strongest Step 5 League). And you refused to acknowledge that. You're so pig-headed, you won't accept a division winning the same competition 8 out of 10 years is dominating. But hey ho....

Hold up now who is twisting things. This debate was never about NL teams dominating the vase the debate was whether the Northern League this season is the strongest step 5 league in the country (as evidenced by dominating the vase).
Yep, and given the FA Vase is the only method of empirically judging Step 5 sides against each other, it's a very good way of indicating which division is strongest. And the NL has dominated the competition - widely accepted by anyone apart from waffling idiots.
NL have not 'dominated' the vase this season. They have performed worse than the North West Counties in the vase and actually worse than some of the other leagues.
There's only one NWCFL side left, and one NL side left. How is that performing worse than NWCFL? Once more, you're demonstrating your own laziness, lack of research and just look like a buffoon once more.

Here's a radical thought. Maybe wait until the tournament has actually finished before drawing that conclusion. If West Auckland win (and they are currently favourites), it reinforces the Northern League's dominance.
Darlogramps wrote:P.S. You're still ignoring the fact you forgot Darlington won the Northern League in 2013.
Oh i thought I mentioned that before must have deleted it. No I forgot Spennymoor were absolute minnow that season weren't they mid table no where near the top.
And again. Strawman arguments, exaggerations and distortions. The sign of someone who's lost an argument and can't accept it.

No one said Spennymoor were minnows or finished mid-table. What did happen was you said they dominated the league that season. The same season the team you claim to support actually won the division. That's pretty humiliating for you, no matter how you spin it. And then you compound it by refusing to correct yourself.
Last post I'm making on the topic as well and before you say "oh thats the sign of a beaten man" no it's simply as I have much better things to do than argue the toss over something which I actually care very little about in truth.

In fact you know what I actually care that little that I'll just concede I'm wrong your right done and dusted. If I'm brutally honest I've lost track of when the exam question became "are NL teams successful in the vase" which it now seems to have been twisted into - so toodles.
I've explained how we got on to that - it's your pig-headed unwillingness to accept cold hard facts which took us where we went. You've just spent the last two days arguing with me on this - you evidently do care about it.

The fact you're now running away after I've taken apart your arguments in this thread is the one good decision you've made.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps
Posts: 4529
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:39 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:Did anyone else read through all of this Gramps v lo thread? I'm amazed I didn't fall asleep but I've struggled to keep up with this and can't remember what it was about!
I regularly fall asleep reading your witterings, so I guess we're even.
Quaker85 wrote: Every thread gets turned into a pissing contest. Gramps v somebody

It’s getting very boring now.
I'm bored by you saying you're bored. If you want this thread on-topic I suggest you post on-topic, rather than about other people.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1494
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:57 am

Witterings! I rarely post more than a few lines. Your posts are often pages of argument over minutiae. I take comfort that I'm not alone in feeling like I'm wading through treacle.

jjljks
Posts: 1416
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by jjljks » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:19 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:Witterings! I rarely post more than a few lines. Your posts are often pages of argument over minutiae. I take comfort that I'm not alone in feeling like I'm wading through treacle.
Why doesn't a referee blow time after 90 minutiae? At least a yellow for time wasting surely?

Quaker85
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:28 am

jjljks wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:Witterings! I rarely post more than a few lines. Your posts are often pages of argument over minutiae. I take comfort that I'm not alone in feeling like I'm wading through treacle.
Why doesn't a referee blow time after 90 minutiae? At least a yellow for time wasting surely?
So, getting back to the topic of reorganisation, we all pretty much agreed the NL is disproportionately strong due to a number of factors already discussed but is it going to happen?

Dunners at Stockton has heard rumblings. Has anyone else heard something from other NL contacts?

Genuinely interested to know as Stockton is my home town club and I get along there when I can. They are a very progressive club who have ambitions to play at a higher level.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lo36789
Posts: 8025
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by lo36789 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:01 am

Yeh it’s mentioned in the DFC500 email that there is going to be a change coming up which will lead to 24 teams being in NLN.

I’m sure it was mentioned after last re-org long term ambition was to have a really consistent - I’m not sure what the word is here - but for each level beneath to be twice the size of the one above.

The obvious outlier in this is the four step 3 divisions go into 7 step 4s. That is where the effect will be I think that will become 8 and then there will be 16 step 5s.

I reckon this will be the tipping point as well when step 5 refereeing levels become distinct from step 3 and 4 as well as at the moment it is the same group of match officials but the quality and expectation difference is substantial between them.

Quaker85
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by Quaker85 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:11 am

Looks like something may be happening after all ...

https://twitter.com/NonLeaguePaper/stat ... 9218534400



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1585
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:24 am

46 games a season clearly favours full-time teams more, so the gap between haves and have nots will just get larger.

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5360
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:28 am

4 more midweek games isn’t totally what we would want I guess. Makes no odds it will happen if that’s what they want to do.

Quaker85
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by Quaker85 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:49 am

Makes sense if it creates a 2:1 between steps 3 and 4 plus I’m hoping Stockton get the nod in the new step 4 league.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spen666
Posts: 1539
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by spen666 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:24 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:28 am
4 more midweek games isn’t totally what we would want I guess. Makes no odds it will happen if that’s what they want to do.
If the article is correct the NLN/S teams voted for 24 clubs as opposed to 22.

An extra 2 games home income probably being the motive
Twitter: @spen_666

Beano
Posts: 1285
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by Beano » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:32 am

spen666 wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:28 am
4 more midweek games isn’t totally what we would want I guess. Makes no odds it will happen if that’s what they want to do.
If the article is correct the NLN/S teams voted for 24 clubs as opposed to 22.

An extra 2 games home income probably being the motive
Exactly that. At our level more (genuinely competitive) games = more income.

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5360
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:35 am

spen666 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:24 am
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:28 am
4 more midweek games isn’t totally what we would want I guess. Makes no odds it will happen if that’s what they want to do.
If the article is correct the NLN/S teams voted for 24 clubs as opposed to 22.

An extra 2 games home income probably being the motive
Extra 2 midweek home games where teams generally get lower crowds and now have extra expenses to host the games and travel/player expenses for away games.

You can increase ST prices for the extra 2 homes games but this won’t be too popular, so the extra revenue is largely from pay on the door fans who most teams have less of midweek.

It may well work out as a positive but 2 extra games does not mean extra cash, they could actually turn out to be a cost for most clubs.

Do Spennymoor make a profit each home game and would the ST holders be happy to pay more for a ST? Maybe it just works out at extra cost and Brad would cover this but for Darlo any extra cost has to be paid for by people like me.

It doesn’t really matter because if it’s the plan then it will happen but extra games do not automatically makes things better for clubs.

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5360
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:38 am

Beano wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:32 am
spen666 wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:28 am
4 more midweek games isn’t totally what we would want I guess. Makes no odds it will happen if that’s what they want to do.
If the article is correct the NLN/S teams voted for 24 clubs as opposed to 22.

An extra 2 games home income probably being the motive
Exactly that. At our level more (genuinely competitive) games = more income.
Did we make much after costs v Brackley when attendance was 916 (About 600/700 of those didn’t pay on the day).

Also 2 home games extra means deduct any profit with what an away game costs, which is no doubt about £1k.

It may turn out slightly better financially however it’s not as certain as some think.

Beano
Posts: 1285
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by Beano » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:33 am

Fair enough Super Les - I take the point if they’re simply additional midweek games.

Quaker85
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by Quaker85 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:40 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Beano wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:32 am
spen666 wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:28 am
4 more midweek games isn’t totally what we would want I guess. Makes no odds it will happen if that’s what they want to do.
If the article is correct the NLN/S teams voted for 24 clubs as opposed to 22.

An extra 2 games home income probably being the motive
Exactly that. At our level more (genuinely competitive) games = more income.
Did we make much after costs v Brackley when attendance was 916 (About 600/700 of those didn’t pay on the day).

Also 2 home games extra means deduct any profit with what an away game costs, which is no doubt about £1k.

It may turn out slightly better financially however it’s not as certain as some think.

Maybe someone could ask DJ how he voted to get the clubs opinion on how it would affect the bottom line?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spen666
Posts: 1539
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by spen666 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:58 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:38 am
....

Did we make much after costs v Brackley when attendance was 916 (About 600/700 of those didn’t pay on the day).
....
I am sure those 600/700 were season ticket holders ,andd if there are extra games, the cost of season tickets will increase to reflect the extra games you get for you season ticket.
Twitter: @spen_666

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5360
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:32 am

spen666 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:58 am
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:38 am
....

Did we make much after costs v Brackley when attendance was 916 (About 600/700 of those didn’t pay on the day).
....
I am sure those 600/700 were season ticket holders ,andd if there are extra games, the cost of season tickets will increase to reflect the extra games you get for you season ticket.
That’s correct. My season ticket costs me £261 and then I pay for two others also. So to keep things level you are increasing my season ticket by £25 to £286 and the two others by £8 each.

Not sure how across the fan base in terms of everyone willing to have those increases especially for people who know they struggle to make midweek games.

So the club either doesn’t increase the ST price or increases with the risk of less ST holders. Because the extra games are midweek it’s more of a risk.

Basically your logic of more games = they average of each home game money coming in doesn’t work. Thought you would understand that it’s not as simple.

You are adding 2 games that are at the lower end of revenue on average because you are adding 2 midweek home games (less revenue generally) and adding 2 midweek away games (more costs to the club).

It may well work out better financially but this is more of a risk than it initially looks.

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5360
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:38 am

It’s very easy I guesss as a Spenny fan to think more games is great but you have no worries whether they are profitable or not as Brad can cover any losses.

I can’t see Brad increasing Spenny season tickets by 2 extra games and he has made them cheap already.

He even reduced match prices after initially putting them up this season, I presume to increase crowds. Sadly with only 669 there yesterday for a promotion play off big game and average down from last year then it’s not worked. Which is very strange as you are actually doing better this year and pretty much guaranteed play off place compared to last season.

shildonlad
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by shildonlad » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Said it before but considering spennymoors population is under 20k and the fact they have never got beyond non leagues 2nd tier there crowds are good. As for this restructuring whilst some may not think its a good thing it was inevitable that the nln and nls had to increase to 24 teams go increase relegation to 4 spots. The non league structure below step 2 is a farce at the moment. Glad it appears to be temporary thougth and i hope the fa make it compulsery that northern league teams go up en mass as it its optional the old farts running the clubs wont take promotion as they dont like change the status qul
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Yarblockos
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:28 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:35 am
spen666 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:24 am
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:28 am
4 more midweek games isn’t totally what we would want I guess. Makes no odds it will happen if that’s what they want to do.
If the article is correct the NLN/S teams voted for 24 clubs as opposed to 22.

An extra 2 games home income probably being the motive
Extra 2 midweek home games where teams generally get lower crowds and now have extra expenses to host the games and travel/player expenses for away games.

You can increase ST prices for the extra 2 homes games but this won’t be too popular, so the extra revenue is largely from pay on the door fans who most teams have less of midweek.

It may well work out as a positive but 2 extra games does not mean extra cash, they could actually turn out to be a cost for most clubs.

Do Spennymoor make a profit each home game and would the ST holders be happy to pay more for a ST? Maybe it just works out at extra cost and Brad would cover this but for Darlo any extra cost has to be paid for by people like me.

It doesn’t really matter because if it’s the plan then it will happen but extra games do not automatically makes things better for clubs.
By this logic clubs would make more profit by playing no games at all.

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5360
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Step 4 Reorganisation

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:44 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:28 pm
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:35 am
spen666 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:24 am
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:28 am
4 more midweek games isn’t totally what we would want I guess. Makes no odds it will happen if that’s what they want to do.
If the article is correct the NLN/S teams voted for 24 clubs as opposed to 22.

An extra 2 games home income probably being the motive
Extra 2 midweek home games where teams generally get lower crowds and now have extra expenses to host the games and travel/player expenses for away games.

You can increase ST prices for the extra 2 homes games but this won’t be too popular, so the extra revenue is largely from pay on the door fans who most teams have less of midweek.

It may well work out as a positive but 2 extra games does not mean extra cash, they could actually turn out to be a cost for most clubs.

Do Spennymoor make a profit each home game and would the ST holders be happy to pay more for a ST? Maybe it just works out at extra cost and Brad would cover this but for Darlo any extra cost has to be paid for by people like me.

It doesn’t really matter because if it’s the plan then it will happen but extra games do not automatically makes things better for clubs.
By this logic clubs would make more profit by playing no games at all.
By your logic you are suggesting we play every game midweek.

We can all be obtuse with our answers if we don’t want to think it through.

Your logic also suggests we can increase ST prices with no affect on sales.

Post Reply