National League Stadia

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: National League Stadia

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:57 pm

JE93 wrote:Hednesford FC, Keys Park ground up for sale. Gawd what we wouldn't give for a ground like that.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial- ... otoIndex=0
I think it's a bit too far to travel for home games. :D

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:51 am

spen666 wrote:
eddie-rowles wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:
divas wrote:As part of the deal the Arena will no longer be owned by DMPRFC. Ownership will be transferred to a stadium management company (of which I imagine DMPRFC will have some representation) the running costs and upkeep of then supported by the various activities and rent that would be planned as part of the wider development (including housing). Part of that plan they have is to have us playing there and paying rent to either play in the Arena itself or on a plot of adjacent land. It’s clear the running costs are too high for DMPRFC to manage just like they were for us and this is seen as the only way the stadium and site will become viable. Essentially DMPRFC will be handing over a couple of millions pound worth of investment to try and safeguard their future in terms of a facility to play at.

Of course whilst the business plan is much more sound there are still no guarantees that the site will generate enough revenue in the longer term and if we were to move there i could only see it (for a number of reasons) being to a piece of land adjacent to the actual Arena stadium that we had a long term lease agreed and paid a rent to support the overall scheme. We’d need to be protected from any financial fall out and would need to be able to move existing infrastructure and create some temporary structures so that we could play there from day one and until such a time we could raise the full funding to build a proper main stand. If we could negotiate that type of deal I think that’s the only way we could consider the SV as an option.

This is sounding more positive, I didn’t realise that this was part of the plan.
still cannot understand how building another football club next door to an underused rugby stadium would work. Both rugby club( MP not BM) and football club have approx 1000 hardcore fans without both codes agreeing to share (apparently Newport county share with two rugby clubs) and BM also using the stadium, along with womens teams etc it will never work unless Baldrick has a cunning plan

My understanding is that the rules on primacy & ground sharing from a Rugby perspective have changed. Rugby clubs like Newport that entered into agreements before the rules on primacy changed are allowed to continue. Rugby Clubs entering into new agreements must have primacy of fixtures.
County's situation with primacy of tenure will be different as they play in Wales, under the WRU... the rules are very relaxed... we share with the Ospreys who have no primacy whatsoever, they work around the Premier League and now, sadly, the Football League.

I don't know what the situation is in England, but Bristol have just moved to Ashton Gate so I don't think there is an issue, it may be a Mowden issue (which is there to be negotiated), but it's certainly workable because there are examples of new moves taking place.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:50 am

It’s a league ruling

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:47 pm

divas wrote:It’s a league ruling
Only applies to teams in the Premiership though, unless you know otherwise.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:19 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
divas wrote:It’s a league ruling
Only applies to teams in the Premiership though, unless you know otherwise.
It doesn't even do that anymore, there's no rule on Primacy of tenure in the Premiership... hasn't been since about 2012. They simply need to demonstrate that they are able to provide a venue on dates specified in advance. I even think they can be flexible on that, so as long as they can agree to move a fixture to a Friday night or Sunday, it's fine. The reason was, I think, something to do with London Welsh, who appealed that half the Premiership were sharing grounds without it so they were being unfairly treated by being denied promotion when they were based in Oxford. The league basically threw the law out, so all that stuff regarding DMPRFC needing primacy of tenure is b0ll0x... they may not want to surrender that luxury, but in any division they play, they will not need it.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:17 pm

Isn't Divas' point though that we do need Primacy of Tenure in the National League, and it's this that is the sticking point. It's not a requirement for them, but an inconvenience. It's this inconvenience that is causing friction.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:26 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Isn't Divas' point though that we do need Primacy of Tenure in the National League, and it's this that is the sticking point. It's not a requirement for them, but an inconvenience. It's this inconvenience that is causing friction.
Yep I would assume the point is we need "Primacy of Tenure" and Mowden are currently not willing to allow this.

So we can move to the arena and be kicked out of the Nat League I believe, unless I have read it wrong.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:20 pm

Yep. That's one of the issues we ironed out with DRFC, who were reasonably flexible about it (because they probably needed our money). The latter might end up applying to DMPRFC down the line.

Honestly though, i don't see why we're having this discussion. We're getting less than half of the really bad crowds at the Arena. We would be absolutely lost in the damned thing. Do you really want us to go back there? I bloody don't. I also don't see why. We'd only ever need it above the national league anyway, a national league ground is easily achievable at BM, and doesn't complicate or over burden the club any more. It has it's problems, it's imperfect, but i'd take it any day. It'll feel like more of a ground when the other end has a stand as well, and hopefully feel less open.