B T B Email

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

joejaques
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: B T B Email

Post by joejaques » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:00 pm

loan_star wrote:
JE93 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:I for one wouldn’t vote to change the articles - how many would be needed to vote in favour of it to actually be done?
You would need to pass a Special resolution which means 75% of voting shareholders must support the change at an annual general meeting or an extrodinary general meeting. As DFCSG owns more than 75% of the shareholding in the club, whichever way the DFCSG voted would win. And I assume the mandate for the DFCSG would be decided on a simple popular vote. Whichever side gets more wins.
As long as the losers don’t demand a people’s vote claiming we didn’t know all the ins and outs :lol:
Would a new owner need to be part of the Custom Union and sing in the Tin Shed? :roll:

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:38 pm

My gripe is seeing how the money we raised for a "competitive" budget has been wasted on a team and a manager who aren't good enough. I am simply not convinced the manager we have can spend our money wisely or that he deserves another chance to do so after the dross he has served up this season.

That said as I am an idiot ( like all football fans) I will probably put in money I can't really afford again, however the fact that it is no longer a given should concern the club. Any contribution this year is because of duty rather than love and frankly I could easily not bother.

I doubt I am the only one.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:14 pm

MKDarlo wrote:My gripe is seeing how the money we raised for a "competitive" budget has been wasted on a team and a manager who aren't good enough. I am simply not convinced the manager we have can spend our money wisely or that he deserves another chance to do so after the dross he has served up this season.
This bugs me, when we raised all that money for the budget. We signed plenty of players that people were happy with, every manager signs good/bad players and sometimes these 'potentially good players' don't turn out how we want.

Maddison - Dropped 2 leagues and had FL experience.
Burn - Dropped down 3 leagues and had FL experience.
Henshall - Had massive potential as a youngster and is apparently brilliant in training.
Ainge - Had a fantastic spell with Harrogate in this league and we hoped he could replicate it.

At the time of these signings, it looked to be good business. So to say a budget has been wasted is mental. Again, sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.

We've just not had the rub of the green.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:32 pm

AndyPark wrote:
MKDarlo wrote:My gripe is seeing how the money we raised for a "competitive" budget has been wasted on a team and a manager who aren't good enough. I am simply not convinced the manager we have can spend our money wisely or that he deserves another chance to do so after the dross he has served up this season.
This bugs me, when we raised all that money for the budget. We signed plenty of players that people were happy with, every manager signs good/bad players and sometimes these 'potentially good players' don't turn out how we want.

Henshall - Had massive potential as a youngster and is apparently brilliant in training.
Ainge - Had a fantastic spell with Harrogate in this league and we hoped he could replicate it.

At the time of these signings, it looked to be good business. So to say a budget has been wasted is mental. Again, sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.

So what you're saying is Wright signed good players but has failed to get them to play to their potential?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:44 pm

I think he’s saying any signing is a gamble for a number of reasons.

My personal take is that he probably could have done a bit more due diligence of the Hughes and Ainge signings. Signing Hughes in the state of physical fitness he was in seemed a bit odd - ok he would have had time to get in shape but I’d

Ainge hadn’t performed since the bad injury he had at Harrogate and it seemed off that they wanted to move such a prolific scorer on. He’d had a tough time at Wrexham. Seemed quite a big gamble of a 2 year deal for a fee.

Luckily at least we’ve ended up with 2 lads who can play in defence but it’s hampetwf the balance of the team for most of the season

I notice Greg Mills has 20 goals for Stourbridge in the division below this season btw. Another who had undoubted talent but was signed out of shape.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:35 pm

AndyPark wrote:

What green have we not had the rub of?

The point is the gamble hasn't worked, with the 4 players you highlight being particularly poor. Surely the gambler has to take responsibility for that? How many gambles can we afford? How many times are you going to let him roll the dice?

I like the guy and think he is a decent bloke trying his best but he isnt up to it. I don't like to say that but I have to be honest. However it seems you are blind to any fault in TW and will offer that blind loyalty regardless of where he takes us. I am really worried that destination is a relegation the club cannot afford.

beatroute66

Post by beatroute66 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:54 pm

AndyPark wrote: This bugs me, when we raised all that money for the budget. We signed plenty of players that people were happy with, every manager signs good/bad players and sometimes these 'potentially good players' don't turn out how we want.

I don't always agree with you, but I make you right here. I had no complaints when all of the above initially came in - I was delighted re: Ainge - and other signings seemed very logical at the time too. The money seemed well spent.

Styche, Trotman, Nicholson, Elliott (in patches), Hughes (off-the-field issues aside), etc, have also been good signings. Some of the loan lads have been good picks, too.

I'm coming to the conclusion, having watched his teams for over 12 months now, that TW is pretty good at spotting a signing, but that he's less reliable around motivation, tactics and substitutions.

We don't seem to know our best formation and a lot of 'in game' decisions aren't great. Chorley on Saturday was an excellent example of this. Forget the personnel changes - the system change completely turned the game and allowed Chorley to hammer us for the remaining 10/15 minutes. We were in control up until the point that first subs' board went up.

I also see a lot of 'heads down' stuff and how many games have we started really slowly/looked sluggish?

I'm no fan of the guy, but under MG we always looked sharp and 'at it'. We do in patches under TW, but nowhere near enough that suggests we'll do something special over the season.

So a likeable guy, who is passionate about the club and has a decent track record in the transfer market, but has key failings elsewhere that are regularly highlighted.

That's my take, anyway.
Last edited by beatroute66 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:49 pm

I’m not too far off beatroute. Tactically I think TW is very poor, seems to tinker too much. Was slow in the loan market. Took pace out of the team. Finally get a formation that has potential then changes.

But he doesn’t try to put the club at risk with overspending, he’ll set up the academy, he has picked some decent signings, and the ones that haven’t lived up to it were decent on paper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk