Trotman

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_CR
Team Supported: Darlington

Trotman

Post by Darlo_CR » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:30 pm

He's been called up to the England C squad to face Wales on the 19th of March. Fully deserved after being one of our most consistent performers this season. :clap:

Darlo_Pete

Re: Trotman

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:06 pm

Well deserved for Luke, for me our best player of the season so far.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:48 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Well deserved for Luke, for me our best player of the season so far.
Seconded, having a very good season and can see him attracting interest from FL clubs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:00 pm

quakerman wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Well deserved for Luke, for me our best player of the season so far.
Seconded, having a very good season and can see him attracting interest from FL clubs.
One of only two NLN players in the squad.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:59 am

biccynana wrote:
quakerman wrote:
Hopefully this acknowledgement of his talents, will lead to interest from FL clubs, as we could do with a financial boost.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:08 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
biccynana wrote:
quakerman wrote:
Hopefully this acknowledgement of his talents, will lead to interest from FL clubs, as we could do with a financial boost.
Only if we've got him tied down to a contract for next season first.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:39 pm

Did he not extend his contract last year ahead of the Vardy Academy event with him, Wheatley & Heaton? Certainly been our best player in recent weeks, despite having to play in a constantly changing defensive formation. He always gives of his best effort. :clap:

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:27 pm

jjljks wrote:Did he not extend his contract last year ahead of the Vardy Academy event with him, Wheatley & Heaton? Certainly been our best player in recent weeks, despite having to play in a constantly changing defensive formation. He always gives of his best effort. :clap:
Looking at the article printed at the time: https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/ ... -contract/ it looks like they're just contracted for this season.

It would be nice to know who is under contract for next year as I don't think a big change in personnel is the answer for next season, I'd say three ins and outs should do us. If you look at teams like Brackley, they've built a strong side over a number of seasons.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:57 am

Good for him. I hope we can get him and Wheatley tied down for next year. I think they're both capable of playing at a professional level, which is more than can be said for most in the squad.