Telford V Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, botrash, charlie, uncovered

quakerman
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by quakerman » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:56 pm

onewayup wrote:There are 45 minutes for a come back been done before could do it again. :thumbup: if they sort out the midd and use two up. With kneeshaw following up.
Are you serious, this is Darlo under a clueless Tommy Wright.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

onewayup
Posts: 1483
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by onewayup » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:12 pm

You got to look on the bright side another day to forget.

darlo reborn
Posts: 1260
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:14 pm

Yes one more game to forget with many others

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11356
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:29 pm

We're drawing the second half!!!

Yarblockos
Posts: 587
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:31 pm

We've gone the whole second half without conceding. This will be used as evidence that Tommy has turned it around

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 5935
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by loan_star » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:32 pm

quakerman wrote:
onewayup wrote:There are 45 minutes for a come back been done before could do it again. :thumbup: if they sort out the midd and use two up. With kneeshaw following up.
Are you serious, this is Darlo under a clueless Tommy Wright.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So we had one of our best performances of the season on saturday, Wrights sub choices being blamed for not getting the win. So tonight everyone says it has to be the same 11 which it is but Tommy is "clueless"!! If thats the case then so are the fans who said play the same 11. And now they are saying we should have been 352 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

darlo reborn
Posts: 1260
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:33 pm

Not now we are winning second half

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11356
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:33 pm

And now Saunders scores 3-1, the comeback is on. Thomo nearly scores a second.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11356
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:38 pm

FT 3-1, at least our fans see us score.

User avatar
MKDarlo
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:39 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by MKDarlo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:42 pm

Lets see what the excuses from Tommy Wright will be for this s*** show. It will be:
  • Too far to go on a Tuesday night
    too many games
    tired players
    bigger opposition
    injuries

For how long will the fan boys continue to give him a free pass because he once played for us? Something has got to change.

quakerman
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by quakerman » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:45 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:FT 3-1, at least our fans see us score.
Looks like we were totally outplayed by a far better and far more physical side tonight.Will settle for 4th bottom right now, nightmare of a season.Wonder why Hughes was not in the squad ?.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 5935
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by loan_star » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:48 pm

MKDarlo wrote:Lets see what the excuses from Tommy Wright will be for this s*** show. It will be:
  • Too far to go on a Tuesday night
    too many games
    tired players
    bigger opposition
    injuries

For how long will the fan boys continue to give him a free pass because he once played for us? Something has got to change.
How about Telford being one of the best teams in our league too. Which they are.
As gramps says, we are inconsistent. Some of this is down to the manager and some is down to the players. On our day we can play some decent stuff.
Is Wright the man to sort this out? Current track record says not. However there are more factors in play other than the results on match days and we would need a replacement to be able to put up with those as well.

quakersfan
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by quakersfan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:48 pm

To be honest never expected a win tonight as the league table doesn’t lie. With a small squad it’s difficult and next year with a reduced budget and similar sized squad it’s likely to be the same fare. Good to Saunders score though.

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5180
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:53 pm

MKDarlo wrote:Lets see what the excuses from Tommy Wright will be for this s*** show. It will be:
  • Too far to go on a Tuesday night
    too many games
    tired players
    bigger opposition
    injuries

For how long will the fan boys continue to give him a free pass because he once played for us? Something has got to change.
Are they any fan boys?

The only ones desperate not to get rid is because of the financial elements from what I can see. They largely are willing him to do well because the alternative of relegation is not something they want to contemplate and there board already have no cash flow, never mind trying to get a new manager in with no cash.
[url=http://www.backtodarlo.co.uk][img]http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg[/img][/url]

quakersfan
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by quakersfan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:53 pm

loan_star wrote:
MKDarlo wrote:Lets see what the excuses from Tommy Wright will be for this s*** show. It will be:
  • Too far to go on a Tuesday night
    too many games
    tired players
    bigger opposition
    injuries

For how long will the fan boys continue to give him a free pass because he once played for us? Something has got to change.
How about Telford being one of the best teams in our league too. Which they are.
As gramps says, we are inconsistent. Some of this is down to the manager and some is down to the players. On our day we can play some decent stuff.
Is Wright the man to sort this out? Current track record says not. However there are more factors in play other than the results on match days and we would need a replacement to be able to put up with those as well.
Tommy has seen some of his best players sold, this can’t be good for his or team morale yes some good loanees but Difficult to build a team when your best players move on. Wouldn’t be surprised if TW moves on end of season.

User avatar
MKDarlo
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:39 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by MKDarlo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:56 pm

loan_star wrote:
MKDarlo wrote:Lets see what the excuses from Tommy Wright will be for this s*** show. It will be:
  • Too far to go on a Tuesday night
    too many games
    tired players
    bigger opposition
    injuries

For how long will the fan boys continue to give him a free pass because he once played for us? Something has got to change.
How about Telford being one of the best teams in our league too. Which they are.
As gramps says, we are inconsistent. Some of this is down to the manager and some is down to the players. On our day we can play some decent stuff.
Is Wright the man to sort this out? Current track record says not. However there are more factors in play other than the results on match days and we would need a replacement to be able to put up with those as well.
EDIT - I am not going to argue with people here. I take your point but I am afraid I don't agree. I simply do not think TW is up to the job despite him trying really hard, putting lots of effort in and generally being a decent bloke. I don't like saying that but I feel it is accurate. I further believe there is a very real risk of a disastrous relegation this season.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 5935
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by loan_star » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:14 pm

MKDarlo wrote: What other factors are more important for a football manager than winning games?

We are not inconsistent. We are crap. We are crap because the manager has recruited poorly. We are disorganized because the manager hasn't the ability to organised and inspire a team. Our tactics are all over the place because the manager is naive at best. The manager is responsible and accountable for that.

It seems many of you are happy to carry on with a mediocre team and manager and a very real possibility of relegation which I feel would be disastrous for us as a club. Why is that?
Other factors? Finances for a start. The work being done for the academy which benefits the club, not a privately owned company, for another.

Poor recruitment? Trotman, Nicholson & Styche are 3 players who, for the best part of their time here, have been very good for us. Elliott and Hughes have been decent signings. Most of the loan signings have been decent too. Not forgetting Heaton who made the club some badly needed cash in the summer.
So yeh, you still think his recruitment has been bad?
The main problem is consistency and some bad team selections on occasion, not poor recruitment.
I seem to remember Gray getting his team selections wrong on occasions too. Just goes to show even managers who win most weeks still make mistakes.

tdk1
Posts: 1873
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by tdk1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:26 pm

I was interested that we played without an actual formation tonight. Truly visionary management that was always likely to confuse the opposition into only scoring three goals.

tdk1
Posts: 1873
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by tdk1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:27 pm

Telford also cheated by having players who were motivated, fit and attuned to one another. Surely the result should be annulled?

User avatar
MKDarlo
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:39 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by MKDarlo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:27 pm

loan_star wrote:
MKDarlo wrote: What other factors are more important for a football manager than winning games?

We are not inconsistent. We are crap. We are crap because the manager has recruited poorly. We are disorganized because the manager hasn't the ability to organised and inspire a team. Our tactics are all over the place because the manager is naive at best. The manager is responsible and accountable for that.

It seems many of you are happy to carry on with a mediocre team and manager and a very real possibility of relegation which I feel would be disastrous for us as a club. Why is that?
Other factors? Finances for a start. The work being done for the academy which benefits the club, not a privately owned company, for another.

Poor recruitment? Trotman, Nicholson & Styche are 3 players who, for the best part of their time here, have been very good for us. Elliott and Hughes have been decent signings. Most of the loan signings have been decent too. Not forgetting Heaton who made the club some badly needed cash in the summer.
So yeh, you still think his recruitment has been bad?
The main problem is consistency and some bad team selections on occasion, not poor recruitment.
I seem to remember Gray getting his team selections wrong on occasions too. Just goes to show even managers who win most weeks still make mistakes.
I don't want to argue ( hence why i changed the original post) but I do think recruitment has been poor. Evidence for the prosecution: Maddison, Burn, Henshall, Aigne and even Hughes (I question the level of "due diligence" done). We cant afford slip ups like this.

However the main issue has been the lack of organisation, fitness, style and tactical application.

quakersfan
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by quakersfan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:28 pm

loan_star wrote:
MKDarlo wrote: What other factors are more important for a football manager than winning games?

We are not inconsistent. We are crap. We are crap because the manager has recruited poorly. We are disorganized because the manager hasn't the ability to organised and inspire a team. Our tactics are all over the place because the manager is naive at best. The manager is responsible and accountable for that.

It seems many of you are happy to carry on with a mediocre team and manager and a very real possibility of relegation which I feel would be disastrous for us as a club. Why is that?
Other factors? Finances for a start. The work being done for the academy which benefits the club, not a privately owned company, for another.

Poor recruitment? Trotman, Nicholson & Styche are 3 players who, for the best part of their time here, have been very good for us. Elliott and Hughes have been decent signings. Most of the loan signings have been decent too. Not forgetting Heaton who made the club some badly needed cash in the summer.
So yeh, you still think his recruitment has been bad?
The main problem is consistency and some bad team selections on occasion, not poor recruitment.
I seem to remember Gray getting his team selections wrong on occasions too. Just goes to show even managers who win most weeks still make mistakes.[/quote

Before Wright took over Gray hadn’t won in ten games if I remember correctly.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 5935
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by loan_star » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:32 pm

MKDarlo wrote:
I don't want to argue ( hence why i changed the original post) but I do think recruitment has been poor. Evidence for the prosecution: Maddison, Burn, Henshall, Aigne and even Hughes (I question the level of "due diligence" done). We cant afford slip ups like this.

However the main issue has been the lack of organisation, fitness, style and tactical application.
Theres only one person I argue with and its not you ;)
Yes there have been bad signings too but overall the recruitment hasn't been too bad considering the level of players we are able to sign.
I highly doubt we will get relegated, see JE93s excellent run down on the other thread.

tdk1
Posts: 1873
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by tdk1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:38 pm

loan_star wrote:
MKDarlo wrote:
I don't want to argue ( hence why i changed the original post) but I do think recruitment has been poor. Evidence for the prosecution: Maddison, Burn, Henshall, Aigne and even Hughes (I question the level of "due diligence" done). We cant afford slip ups like this.

However the main issue has been the lack of organisation, fitness, style and tactical application.
Theres only one person I argue with and its not you ;)
Yes there have been bad signings too but overall the recruitment hasn't been too bad considering the level of players we are able to sign.
I highly doubt we will get relegated, see JE93s excellent run down on the other thread.

Yeah, but if we do we'll deserve it.

As for recruitment, even if we do have some good players technically, we have nothing that approaches a coherent team, and zero players psychologically prepared for the fight.

Wright built this set of players with no coherent strategy for how to make them play. He is the worst manager in this division by a thousand miles, and a few technically capable players don't make upnfir his billions of individual shortcomings.

User avatar
MKDarlo
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:39 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by MKDarlo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:43 pm

loan_star wrote:
MKDarlo wrote:
I don't want to argue ( hence why i changed the original post) but I do think recruitment has been poor. Evidence for the prosecution: Maddison, Burn, Henshall, Aigne and even Hughes (I question the level of "due diligence" done). We cant afford slip ups like this.

However the main issue has been the lack of organisation, fitness, style and tactical application.
Theres only one person I argue with and its not you ;)
Yes there have been bad signings too but overall the recruitment hasn't been too bad considering the level of players we are able to sign.
I highly doubt we will get relegated, see JE93s excellent run down on the other thread.

I have read that thread and am just digesting it - I hope he is right!

lo36789
Posts: 7978
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by lo36789 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:54 pm

We went away from home to a team in the playoffs and lost this doesn't feel like the game to be calling a final straw on. We will lose against Stockport on 30th March as well...and I will be equally not that bothered.

We are inconsistent as has been called out. I don't really fear our position in this division with Tommy as manager. I am not sure what the answer but it just feels like one or two players which will give us genuine 'other options'.

Arguably had Ainge been the striker we expected (based on his previous couple of seasons) and Henshall the wide midfielder that we hoped (based on the potential he once had) then I can't help feel we would be in a much stronger position.

tdk1
Posts: 1873
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by tdk1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:05 pm

lo36789 wrote:We went away from home to a team in the playoffs and lost this doesn't feel like the game to be calling a final straw on. We will lose against Stockport on 30th March as well...and I will be equally not that bothered.

We are inconsistent as has been called out. I don't really fear our position in this division with Tommy as manager. I am not sure what the answer but it just feels like one or two players which will give us genuine 'other options'.

Arguably had Ainge been the striker we expected (based on his previous couple of seasons) and Henshall the wide midfielder that we hoped (based on the potential he once had) then I can't help feel we would be in a much stronger position.
In the games I've seen this season we have been consistently bad. We were so haphazard tonight. Our passing was abysmal. At half-time I thought it might have been the worst I've ever seen, but actually, i was at Chester so it's not even the worst this season.

If we really are that impoverished compared with other teams, why arent we at least fit and organised? Which teams, when priced out of a division, ever succeeded by signing a load of tippy tappy midgets and playing a fluid 3-something-something formation?

al_quaker
Posts: 5246
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by al_quaker » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:06 pm

Possibly the most expected result of the season

Darlogramps
Posts: 4340
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:35 am

lo36789 wrote:We went away from home to a team in the playoffs and lost this doesn't feel like the game to be calling a final straw on. We will lose against Stockport on 30th March as well...and I will be equally not that bothered.
I'm surprised any Darlington fan is "not bothered" by their side losing. And if you're writing off a match three weeks before it's played, well you might as well pack in now, because you've got nothing to offer here. Can you actually call yourself a supporter of any club if you're writing off fixtures three weeks in advance, and saying it doesn't bother you? You've written many weird things but this is probably the strangest.

And only three days after putting in a very good performance against the league leaders, to see the same team then hopelessly outgunned by a team who aren't as good as Chorley is mystifying. This is the point. Looking at each result in isolation is twisting the facts. Look at the trend - or rather lack of one. No consistency from one result to the next.

This is way people are fed up of Wright - it's been the same throughout his tenure.
lo36789 wrote: Arguably had Ainge been the striker we expected (based on his previous couple of seasons) and Henshall the wide midfielder that we hoped (based on the potential he once had) then I can't help feel we would be in a much stronger position.
But they weren't, so talking in hypotheticals is meaningless and pointless.

If only we'd signed Lionel Messi when he was four-years-old. We'd be in a much stronger position.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps
Posts: 4340
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:50 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
MKDarlo wrote:Lets see what the excuses from Tommy Wright will be for this s*** show. It will be:
  • Too far to go on a Tuesday night
    too many games
    tired players
    bigger opposition
    injuries

For how long will the fan boys continue to give him a free pass because he once played for us? Something has got to change.
Are they any fan boys?

The only ones desperate not to get rid is because of the financial elements from what I can see. They largely are willing him to do well because the alternative of relegation is not something they want to contemplate and there board already have no cash flow, never mind trying to get a new manager in with no cash.
I think MKDarlo has a point, there are definitely people who are happy to see Wright remain in charge, regardless of results. You can tell by the comments on here they think underperforming on the pitch is a price worth paying for a manager who does as he's told when it comes to finances.

I mean in your reply, you've just said the alternative to sacking Wright is relegation and financial armageddon. This is where accusations of fan-boyism come from.

As for finances, we've already cut the budget because fans aren't turning up. And why aren't they turning up? A significant part of that is there's nothing for us to play for on the pitch. And when they do turn up, there's 60% chance they'll see ineptitude from us. On a full price, attendances are down to 1200. We can't get above 1500 with a special offer.

So the argument about Wright being good for our finances doesn't stack up. He's playing a part in damaging our financial prospects, through the team's inconsistency on the pitch and his not getting the best out of a competitive budget.

The more I think about, the I actually see no reason whatsoever to keep him in the summer.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

AndyPark
Posts: 11304
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by AndyPark » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:59 am

Can’t even be arsed to read what is probably pointless arguments above and probably deter from the actual match thread.

On my way back from Telford now. Will knock up a summary when I’m home.
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLWWWDDDDLLLLWDWWLWDLLDWDLDLLW

*includes all cup games*

Post Reply