Telford V Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Darlogramps
Posts: 4589
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:09 am

AndyPark wrote:Can’t even be arsed to read what is probably pointless arguments above and probably deter from the actual match thread.

On my way back from Telford now. Will knock up a summary when I’m home.
Can't wait.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Glass half full
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:03 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Glass half full » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:54 am

Another typical over reaction by the usual suspects again, every time we have a poor result/performance. I think some have become so used to us winning every week whilst we have been flying up the leagues that they think we have a divine right to win every game whilst playing like Brazil. We have part time players who have had to travel a long distance to one of the better teams in the league, so it was never going to be easy. Those who want Tommy out and think him "clueless" should be careful what they wish for, I am old enough to remember many worse managers Futcher/McEwan/Staunton spring to mind, amongst others, so there is no guarantee that we would get somebody better, especially now that we have correctly reduced the budget to what we can afford. I am not saying that he is the next Alex Ferguson but having spent an hour and a half with him and Alan White before the Brackley game, together with other contributors to BTB, I will definitely be renewing my monthly contribution and would encourage others to do the same. We are the owners of this club and we have to support it through difficult times, if we don't then we may not have a club to follow.

50 years
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by 50 years » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:52 am

Some fans have made it clear that they want rid of TW, (in fact I would say wanted him out before he was in charge of the first game ;) ). I have yet to see a viable alternative put forward in what is a very competitive league. MG was a successful manager for us but this league caught him out and it nearly pushed us to the edge financially, even at York with lots of money made available he struggled. Would Watson have left Gateshead for us with what we could offer? So any new manager would be a gamble, and a big one.
So am I happy with what gets served up, not always to be honest, but have certainly enjoyed some games, has the manager made mistakes, yes plenty but he has been restricted financially although tactically at times he gets it wrong and some of the players are a bit weak for this league but:-
I am realistic and if TW and AW can keep us in this league for a couple of seasons while we get back onto a solid financial footing and off field improving, I am willing to live with it for a while and hope he reaches the top of his learning curve as a manager. Just my view of course.

50 years
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by 50 years » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:56 am

Also nice to see some of the btb contributers getting there rewards at the Brackley game, as said before my monthly contributions will continue.

Quakerlad
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:54 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Quakerlad » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:06 am

As we know, I am not a fan of TW at all and of course he has to take a large amount of responsibility for what is a very poor and disappointing season, how can he not?

Would say his signings are about 50/50 with some technically good players for sure but some shockers as well. Problem is that whilst some of them are “ technically” really good, he hasn’t signed the right type of player “physically” and we just cannot compete against big strong physical teams. Southport and Telford recently were just physically stronger and fitter.

Have his loans really been that good? We all could have signed Nelson with his pedigree and Smith has been brilliant, I,ll give him that one. But the lad from Leeds hardly played, the left back has hardly played (surely you only sign a loan to play). Is Palmer really any different to our other midfielders? Jury’s out for me on his loans.

As for his tactics and game plan, well that’s about 10/90 and have mainly been shocking.

Should we keep a manager because he has introduced the academy, which of course he deserves credit for, and put up with the financial mess we are in. For me it’s a definite no.!

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11864
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:18 am

What did fans expect when we were playing one of the form teams away from home? Telford are a completely different proposition from when we played them at home.

JE93
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by JE93 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:19 am

Not going to go much further than I did after the Chorley result. But to say it once again, for me, shows a consistent inability for TW to improve us as a football team. He was mediocre last season (and i do think he was fairly well supported last season, not as if he wasn't allowed to sign replacements for the players who were sold). This season he had apparently built a playoff squad that he was happy with (his own words), and early in the season before we started to cut cloth further we werent performing and weren't in the playoff picture. This isn't his first job, it's his 3rd, his stats as a manager don't make for gleaming reading and I struggle to see what he learns from one week to the next. As for the academy stuff, in setting it up, I assume one or both are paid to do this. So in that light, it's just a job I'd expect them to do.

As for alternatives. It's not exactly for fans to pick who will apply for a job but if you really want suggestions:
- Brian Atkinson
- John Flanagan
- Ian Bogie
- Carl Jarrett
- Ronnie Moore

Would they apply who knows. But you take just as much risk by saying let's keep Wright to bravely fight against relegation for a few seasons and expect that to improve our financial footing.

JE93
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by JE93 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:20 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:What did fans expect when we were playing one of the form teams away from home? Telford are a completely different proposition from when we played them at home.
Perhaps a similar level of performance to playing Chorley the long time league leaders?

lo36789
Posts: 8053
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by lo36789 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:52 am

JE93 wrote:- Brian Atkinson
Really?

JE93
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by JE93 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:03 am

lo36789 wrote:
JE93 wrote:- Brian Atkinson
Really?
Why not? It's a possibility. He was a very popular choice with the squad who finished 5th in this league the season before Gray left, he was a fairly popular choice within the fan base when he had to leave.

Like I said who knows who would apply. But most people are keeping Tommy on a better the devil you know basis. Rather than any actual evidence that he can provide a well drilled teamed which can pick up decent results consistently in this league.

lo36789
Posts: 8053
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by lo36789 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:23 am

Darlogramps wrote:
lo36789 wrote:Arguably had Ainge been the striker we expected (based on his previous couple of seasons) and Henshall the wide midfielder that we hoped (based on the potential he once had) then I can't help feel we would be in a much stronger position.
But they weren't, so talking in hypotheticals is meaningless and pointless.
Turning up to the airport with a train ticket there.

Point is that the transfers on the face of it were worth a punt - sometimes those punts don't work out but when you have a limited squad and small budget they are more prominent. I just don't think we have the resources for a plan B when carrying the players mentioned.

We don't have the option of width (because Henshall hasn't been a successful alternative to Nicholson) and we don't have the option to have a player hold the ball up / target man (as Ainge isn't a successful alternative to Kneeshaw / Saunders).

I expect TW went with the same team in the hope they could carry some confidence from Saturday into the opening 15 minutes and put them under pressure, grab an early goal and draw them out. A solid back line, covering midfielder and a target man to hold the ball up, with wingers who can draw their men out of the centre of defence would have probably been the preferred set up in the circumstances, away at a team in the play-offs but we don't have the players for that.

We look good when we come up at teams who are slower in the spine of their team. Against teams who are big & quick in defence and use width well we tend to struggle.

Part of this is Tommy Wright and what he has brought in, but a lot of it is down to resource restrictions and I am not sure we know that someone else could do any better.

Out of interest from the point that BtB was introduced how do Tommy Wright's stats compare with Martin Gray's?

lo36789
Posts: 8053
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by lo36789 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:23 am

JE93 wrote:Why not? It's a possibility. He was a very popular choice with the squad who finished 5th in this league the season before Gray left, he was a fairly popular choice within the fan base when he had to leave.
Mr Q is popular with the fan base but I don't want him as manager.

LoidLucan
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:52 am

JE93 wrote:Not going to go much further than I did after the Chorley result. But to say it once again, for me, shows a consistent inability for TW to improve us as a football team. He was mediocre last season (and i do think he was fairly well supported last season, not as if he wasn't allowed to sign replacements for the players who were sold). This season he had apparently built a playoff squad that he was happy with (his own words), and early in the season before we started to cut cloth further we werent performing and weren't in the playoff picture. This isn't his first job, it's his 3rd, his stats as a manager don't make for gleaming reading and I struggle to see what he learns from one week to the next. As for the academy stuff, in setting it up, I assume one or both are paid to do this. So in that light, it's just a job I'd expect them to do.

As for alternatives. It's not exactly for fans to pick who will apply for a job but if you really want suggestions:
- Brian Atkinson
- John Flanagan
- Ian Bogie
- Carl Jarrett
- Ronnie Moore

Would they apply who knows. But you take just as much risk by saying let's keep Wright to bravely fight against relegation for a few seasons and expect that to improve our financial footing.

If the job were to come up one coach who I think deserves a close look and one who I think is a realistic proposition is Chris Swailes at Dunston. He has a background in coaching and holds the top UEFA A Badge and has done coaching work at the Academies at Newcastle and Middlesbrough as well as extensive college coaching. He had a long career as a player in the Football League and Non-League and is known as a leader and organiser.

He's transformed Dunston (they are runaway Northern League leaders) and he brought in more than £40,000 to the club through their great FA Cup run this season. He also spent some time as assistant manager at Hamilton.

I think he has just the kind of profile we should be looking at despite the fact that he is managing at a much lower level. North-east-based, North-east contacts and a very good background. He'd be a good, viable candidate and also ticks the Academy boxes.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4589
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:52 am

lo36789 wrote:
JE93 wrote:Why not? It's a possibility. He was a very popular choice with the squad who finished 5th in this league the season before Gray left, he was a fairly popular choice within the fan base when he had to leave.
Mr Q is popular with the fan base but I don't want him as manager.
If your choice is to respond to a decent point from JE93 with cuntish sarcasm, you're better off not posting anything.

Let's not forget, TW has taken this team to the point where you, as an ardent Pro-TW supporter, are writing off matches three weeks before they happen.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

PierremontQuaker03
Posts: 1779
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:01 am

Whilst I am not in favour of sacking managers in our financial predicament - Telford finished close to us last season, and were in a relegation battle until close to the end. The manager then got sacked, so they have a new manager this season, I am not sure what their budget is compared to ours but they are now where we want to be i.e. in the playoffs with a chance of staying in them.
Yes we might not be ready off the pitch to go up but we should be higher in the league. Last night was the first time (I can remember for a while) where we go properly turned over - usually our defeats have been narrow and we have been in most games. Yes part time does not help and a long trip down also does not help - but these are all excuses.
On another note, I think Glover deserves a chance, we have seen very little of him this season - he needs to be given an opportunity.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

quakerman
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by quakerman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:20 am

Can anyone shed any light on why Liam Hughes was not in the squad last night.Also the Johnny Burn situation, has there been a bust up behind the scenes as he is nowhere to be seen.Also as Tommy does not seem to rate Kokolo, what is the point in having him around, why not release him back to Sunderland and try for a LB instead of playing Elliott out of position.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

spen666
Posts: 1570
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by spen666 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:20 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Whilst I am not in favour of sacking managers in our financial predicament - Telford finished close to us last season, and were in a relegation battle until close to the end. The manager then got sacked, so they have a new manager this season, I am not sure what their budget is compared to ours but they are now where we want to be i.e. in the playoffs with a chance of staying in them......

I was lead to believe from talking to AFC Telford fans at the end of last season that they have funding coming from Wolverhampton Wanderers using their facilities this season that they did not have previously. This may explain part of their turnaround

Gow9900
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:09 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Gow9900 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:03 pm

Telford are receiving money from Wolves as mentioned above for the use of their facilities, hence how they have gone from being on the brink financially last season to having a very good side challenging for promotion this time around.

Wolves have just announced they lost £1m a week the season they won the Championship and have spent over £100m on players since they were promoted so clearly have plenty of money to burn, and Telford are clearly a beneficiary of this.

AndyPark
Posts: 11464
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by AndyPark » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:25 pm

A little summary, fell asleep when I got in and been at work this morning.

We just didn't get going until the 86th minute, we huffed and puffed throughout the game and just couldn't match Telford who played really well. We tried to carve open opportunities, but again that Telford backline stood firm and dealt with everything we tried.

Mitchell Glover had a decent few minutes when he come on, if I was TW - I would be seriously thinking about starting him away to Hereford at the weekend.

Saunders scored a tap in after a Thommo free-kick, and then 30 seconds later he unleashed a 20 yarder that was flying into the top scorer - But keep tipped it over. Could have made for a nervy ending if it went in.

We didn't play that bad, as some people have made out and as suspected the usual whinging f*ckers were out in force last night on here/Twitter and the Tin Shed page on Facebook. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Shout out to the 80/90 Darlo fans who made the long trip and were spread out throughout the ground as it was unsegregated. Big shoutout to the lads/lasses with us in the far corner and didn't shut up singing at all :clap: :clap:


On another note, for all these people wanting TW & AW out. Who else do we bring in eh? We have fuck all money at the minute and therefore we aren't exactly a prospect for managers are we.. Especially if he doesn't win his first 5 games, you lot would be hounding his life too.

TW is doing the best he can, he's stabilising us the best he can with what he has at his disposal. We are in a relegation battle and all some people can be arsed to do is slag off the management and players, that is gonna be fantastic for confidence to all of them isn't it..

I'll continue to back the management and the players we have. See you at Hereford away on Saturday.
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLWWWDDDDLLLLWDWWLWDLLDWDLDLLWLLWWWLD

*includes all cup games*

lo36789
Posts: 8053
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by lo36789 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:41 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
JE93 wrote:Why not? It's a possibility. He was a very popular choice with the squad who finished 5th in this league the season before Gray left, he was a fairly popular choice within the fan base when he had to leave.
Mr Q is popular with the fan base but I don't want him as manager.
If your choice is to respond to a decent point from JE93 with cuntish sarcasm, you're better off not posting anything.

Let's not forget, TW has taken this team to the point where you, as an ardent Pro-TW supporter, are writing off matches three weeks before they happen.
You miss the point...again.

I am not particularly pro-Wright but at the same time I think he is doing a job with pretty limited resources at his disposal, I don’t know if many others could do any better

Particularly not our ex-assistant who I don’t recall tearing things up when at Newton Aycliffe. I’m probably slightly surprised that you think “because he was popular” was a “decent point” as to why Brian Atkinson should be our manager.

Do you seriously think that a win away at Stockport would be anything but an unexpected bonus?. I know which games I have earmarked as ones we should win - if we don’t win those that does raise question marks. Stockport away is not one of those games so if we lose I will not be upset about it...nor think that it really gives an indication on Wright’s managerial performance.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1556
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:49 pm

Gramps, you're constantly on about people being abusive and then you use the worst obscenity I can think of. Double standards methinks and picking up lo over what's clearly a fun remark, petty to say the least.
We've won 5, drawn 5 and lost 5 in the last 15 according to Andy and based on what we've got I'm not unhappy with that. I really think we're missing a strong, tough tackling bulldog in midfield-that would be a huge plus.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4589
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:04 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Gramps, you're constantly on about people being abusive and then you use the worst obscenity I can think of. Double standards methinks and picking up lo over what's clearly a fun remark, petty to say the least.
Get a life. You've got this weird obsession of sanctimoniously commenting on my behaviour all the time. It's all you seem to comment on at the moment.

Lo wasn't being fun - he was being a dick to a reasonable point made by JE93. I used the word "cuntish" as an adjective to describe the type of sarcasm. Note I didn't call him a c***. So don't misrepresent what I'm saying - that in itself is double standards on your part, seeing as you've appointed yourself as some moral arbiter here.

And as I've said before, people on this board, yourself included, have decided it's fine to mock mental health as a way of putting people down. When that's the level that's accepted, I think some of the insults I use are fairly mild in comparison.

So given the boundaries here are well established, let's keep this thread on last night's game and it's ramifications.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1556
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:11 pm

I rarely comment on here about you apart from when you get involved in endless, boring diatribe. Whether you used it as an adjective or a noun is irrelevant. It has the same implication. I've not commented about mental health other than in a positive way and I'm appalled if you've picked that up from something I said. You clearly love to argue with anyone about anything.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4589
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:12 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
JE93 wrote:Why not? It's a possibility. He was a very popular choice with the squad who finished 5th in this league the season before Gray left, he was a fairly popular choice within the fan base when he had to leave.
Mr Q is popular with the fan base but I don't want him as manager.
If your choice is to respond to a decent point from JE93 with cuntish sarcasm, you're better off not posting anything.

Let's not forget, TW has taken this team to the point where you, as an ardent Pro-TW supporter, are writing off matches three weeks before they happen.
You miss the point...again.

I am not particularly pro-Wright but at the same time I think he is doing a job with pretty limited resources at his disposal, I don’t know if many others could do any better

Particularly not our ex-assistant who I don’t recall tearing things up when at Newton Aycliffe. I’m probably slightly surprised that you think “because he was popular” was a “decent point” as to why Brian Atkinson should be our manager.
Stop with the strawman arguments AGAIN. You do it all the time. Pick one aspect of someone's point, make a caricature of it, and then mock that.

The decent point was the entire argument JE93 raised in support of Atkinson as a potential manager. You picked one small aspect and went at that, characterising it as the entire argument.

It really doesn't paint you in a good light when you do this - and you constantly do.
lo36789 wrote: Do you seriously think that a win away at Stockport would be anything but an unexpected bonus?. I know which games I have earmarked as ones we should win - if we don’t win those that does raise question marks. Stockport away is not one of those games so if we lose I will not be upset about it...nor think that it really gives an indication on Wright’s managerial performance.
That's not what you said at all. In your initial post, you wrote it off as a defeat already, three weeks before it's going to be played.

Don't know about you, but I expect teams to go into every game with the mentality of trying to win it. And if you go into a match thinking you can win it, and at least trying to win it, you stand a better chance of doing just that.

And this is my point about TW himself, he's getting us to the point where some fans think it's fine to write off matches in advance: "We didn't expect to beat Telford" "When we lose to Stockport".
Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Wiseacre
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Wiseacre » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:12 pm

I like Andy Park's post and as he actually went to the match his reflections carry some weight. The points about the management are pretty much what I believe but if they're still here next season they really need to get the players fitter. Three days after a commendable performance against the league leaders the same team - as requested by us - are away to another strong side and get beat. Fitter players might have held out on Saturday as well. Wright doesn't have a magic wand but he's gutsy and seems to want the job it's no good panning him every time we lose. If he keeps us up he'll have done well as the excellent relegation thread should show. This isn't some kind of hallucinatory conversion to Tommy's cause but realism something we might need at Hereford where a point might have to do.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4589
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:21 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:I rarely comment on here about you apart from when you get involved in endless, boring diatribe. Whether you used it as an adjective or a noun is irrelevant. It has the same implication. I've not commented about mental health other than in a positive way and I'm appalled if you've picked that up from something I said. You clearly love to argue with anyone about anything.
Ad hominem attacks, lies and deliberate mistruths. "Cuntish" used in the above context did not have the connotations you're associating it with at all. Nor do I see you getting involved when others use swear words on here.

You go on about boring diatribes, yet you're deliberately trying to derail this thread to score points against me. You're taking this off topic, not me.

Now kindly allow this thread to be a discussion of Darlington, last night's game and it's ramifications. No one's interested in your petty bruised ego. If you comment further off-topic, we can take that point-scoring means more to you. If there's anything further you want to add, I suggest you DM me.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps
Posts: 4589
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:23 pm

Wiseacre wrote: If he keeps us up he'll have done well as the excellent relegation thread should show.
David Johnston - "We have a budget to compete in the top eight, top six all season."

Tommy Wright - "There is better quality in the squad than last season."

Pro-TW fans after our mini-run in December were eyeing up a play-off bid.

Now you're saying finishing 19th would be a good achievement? Won't wash I'm afraid.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1556
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:43 pm

Gramps, you're very quick to pick up on anything and anyone you disagree with. I'm perfectly entitled to do the same. As for lies and mistruths, I'm perplexed where this is coming from and I'd still like to know when I made negative comments about mental health? You really can't comment about anyone taking things off topic as you often do this ad nauseum.
The PM idea is a no-go as I clearly remember your threats about my previous PM.

User avatar
D_F_C
Posts: 1698
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by D_F_C » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:45 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wiseacre wrote: If he keeps us up he'll have done well as the excellent relegation thread should show.
David Johnston - "We have a budget to compete in the top eight, top six all season."

Tommy Wright - "There is better quality in the squad than last season."

Pro-TW fans after our mini-run in December were eyeing up a play-off bid.

Now you're saying finishing 19th would be a good achievement? Won't wash I'm afraid.
You seem to not be giving a balanced argument and only picking the points which support you’re argument (hmmm I sound like someone there). Whilst I’m not a massive TW fan, he’s had to get rid of arguably our best player, and another that many rated highly and is now playing well for Farsley.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t be higher but you’ve based a lot of your opinion on that 1 statement that DJ made


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yarblockos
Posts: 612
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington

Post by Yarblockos » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:30 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Gramps, you're constantly on about people being abusive and then you use the worst obscenity I can think of. Double standards methinks and picking up lo over what's clearly a fun remark, petty to say the least.
We've won 5, drawn 5 and lost 5 in the last 15 according to Andy and based on what we've got I'm not unhappy with that. I really think we're missing a strong, tough tackling bulldog in midfield-that would be a huge plus.
I'm not sure where Andy gets his stats from, but we've only won 4 out of the last 21!

Post Reply