Relegation Watch

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Yarblockos
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Relegation Watch

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:24 pm

LoidLucan wrote:TW has put together a fairly lightweight and fragile squad and I can very easily see us losing against Chester, drawing at Nuneaton and then losing at Stockport. In fact I can see a scenario in which we go into the final game at home to Leamington needing a victory to stay up.
We will beat Leamington in the last game of the season to stay up. TW will be called a hero and people will say how optimistic they are about what he can do with this squad next season.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:45 am

I am reminded on another forum, that at end of January/ early February, FCUM announced that they had been thrown out of Manchester Senior Cup and had said they had been charged by National League re an ineligible player they had played in a number of games.

Has any points decuction been announced yet, or is that still to be factored in to the relegation picture?

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:47 am

They talked of a forthcoming league hearing but there's nothing on their site other than the FA giving them a written warning.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:55 pm

both of tonights conf north games postponed

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:09 pm

Looks like the new covers at Spendy just didn't do their job, again.....

JE93

Post by JE93 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:28 pm

Table

Teams

Darlington
Result: No game
Games played: 34
Games left to play: (8) Nuneaton (a), Stockport (a), FC United (h), Boston (a), Bradford (Park Avenue) (h), Guiseley (a), Leamington (h). [To be rearranged Chester (h)]
Form: DLDLL
Total potential points: 61
PPG: 1.09
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 46
Comment: No game for us means no real change in our circumstances. Leamington's win pushes us down another place but in all honesty its not really anyone other than FC United and Guiseley that I'm taking notice of right now.

Leamington
Result: Leamington 1 - 0 Southport
Games played: 35
Games left to play: (7) Chorley (a), Ashton (h), Curzon Ashton (a), Alfreton (h), Kidderminster (a), Nuneaton (h), Darlington (a).
Form: LLLDW
PPG: 1.14
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 48
Comment: Leamington take full advantage of being the only team at the bottom to get a game on. A hard fought 1-0 will against a physical Southport side is exactly the sort of result that shows you have the fight for a relegation scrap. 10 points clear of FC United with 7 games left. I think they will be more than safe with Ashton and Nuneaton still to play.

Hereford
Games played: 33
Games left to play: (9) Guiseley (h), Spennymoor (a), Stockport (h), Southport (a), Telford (h), Altrincham (a), Boston (h). [To be rearranged Brackley (h), Alfreton (a)]
Form: WDDDW
Total potential points: 66
PPG: 1.18
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 50
Comment: No game means no change for Hereford. They still have the most difficult run in to the end of the season. But being 9 clear of FC United means the Manchester club will have to show some serious form before they start getting worried again.

Guiseley
Games played: 33
Games left to play: (9) Hereford (a), York (h), Brackley (a), Ashton (h), Blyth (a), Darlington (h), Kidderminster (a). [to be rearranged Spennymoor (a), Curzon Ashton (h)]
Form: DDLLL
Total potential points: 60
PPG: 1
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 42
Comment: No game and no change like the rest of us. Though I'm sure they will have been preparing diligently for their 6 pointer against Hereford on Saturday.

Ashton United
Games left to play: (8) Leamington (a), Spennymoor (h), Guiseley (a), Chester (h), Boston (a), Altrincham (h) [Blyth Spartans (h), Stockport (a) To be re-arranged].
Form: LWLLL
Total potential points: 54
PPG: 0.88
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 37
Comment: Another team with a very serious game coming up on Saturday against another team at the bottom.

FC United of Manchester
Games left to play: (8) Curzon Ashton (a), Nuneaton (h), Darlington (a), Kidderminster (h), Alfreton (a), Blyth (h), Brackley (a). [To be rearranged York (h)]
Form: LDDDW
Total potential points: 54
PPG: 0.88
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 37
Comment: If nothing else FC United truely pissed off some York fans on Saturday, not with an adverse result but by waiting till 2:15 to call their game off. But as York are a full time side they are one of few that will be too effected by a mid week trip to Manchester.

Nuneaton Borough
Games left to play: (8) Darlington (h), FC United (a), Chester (h), Bradford (Park Avenue) (a), Altrincham (h), Leamington (a), Stockport (h). [To be rearranged Blyth Spartans (a)]
Form: LLLLL
Total potential points: 40
PPG: 0.47
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 20
Comment: Well at least they didn't lose. (Always trying to find a bright side).

Predicted picture at the bottom:
16) Hereford
17) Leamington
18) Darlington
19) Guiseley
--------------------------
20) FC United
21) Ashton United
22) Nuneaton

No games means no real change in the relegation picture and my opinions haven't changed. Nuneaton will go down, I think Ashton are likely to follow them. Guiseley and FC United are the big question mark. Can Guiseley score the goals to win some games to make themselves safe, or can FC United win another game to really put the pressure on them.

Upcoming Fixtures:

19th March 2019
Spennymoor v Bradford PA

23rd March 2019
Ashton Utd v Blyth
Brackley Town v Kidderminster
Chorley v Leamington
Curzon Ashton v FC United
Hereford v Guiseley
Nuneaton v Darlington
Southport v Bradford PA
Spennymoor v Alfreton
York v Boston Utd

Comments:

Tough games coming up for Ashton at home to Blyth and Leamington away to a Chorley side who seem to be refinding their stride ready for the run in at the top. No game for FC United as Stockport at in FA trophy action.

There are two huge games at the bottom. Hereford can probably make themselves completely safe with a win against Guiseley. The incentive for Guiseley is to put points on the board when FC United of Manchester aren't playing. As for ourselves, we really need to record a confidence boosting win that will release some of the tension and get the fans back onside.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:36 pm

Table

Teams

Darlington
Result: Nuneaton 1 - 2 Darlington
Games left to play: 7, Chester (h), Stockport (a), FC United (h), Boston (a), Bradford (Park Avenue) (h), Guiseley (a), Leamington (h).
Form: LDLLW
PPG: 1.14
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 48
Comment: At this time of the season points mean far more than performances, and that's what we got today. It sounded nervy and unconvincing but with 40 points on the board, 10 more the FC United, with 7 games to play, 3 of which are against fellow strugglers. We have safety well within our grasp.

Leamington
Result: Chorley 3 - 0 Leamington
Games played: 36
Games left to play: (6) Ashton (h), Curzon Ashton (a), Alfreton (h), Kidderminster (a), Nuneaton (h), Darlington (a).
Form: LLDWL
Total potential points: 58
PPG: 1.11
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 47
Comment: Was always going to be a tough ask for Leamington against a Chorley side which had the chance to distance themselves from Stockport in the race for the league title. Looking at their run in, it's not particularly taxing, Ashton, Nuneaton and ourselves to play. They should be safe with 40 points, more interestingly might be the 3 way battle between us, Guiseley and Hereford to see who can finish highest.

Hereford
Result: Hereford 1 - 0 Guiseley
Games left to play: (8) Brackley (h), Spennymoor (a), Stockport (h), Alfreton (a), Southport (a), Telford (h), Altrincham (a), Boston (h).
Form: DDDWW
Total potential points: 66
PPG: 1.24
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 52
Comment: Another good result for Hereford. Any team down at the bottom would love to have their form at the business end of the season and it puts them ahead in the 'battle royal' for 16th place. With the toughest run in they will be glad of points on the board, but being 12 points ahead of FC United I'd be very surprised if they weren't safe.

Guiseley
Result: Hereford 1 - 0 Guiseley
Games left to play: (8) Curzon Ashton (h), York (h), Spennymoor (a), Brackley (a), Ashton (h), Blyth (a), Darlington (h), Kidderminster (a).
Form: DDLLL
Total potential points: 57
PPG: 0.97
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 42
Comment: It can't be good for your nerves being a Guiseley fan. When FC United scored on 11 minutes they were level on points Albeit Guiseley have a far better goal difference. The problem reamains for them, are they going to be able to score the goals which will keep them in this league. You get the feeling draws might not be enough at this time of the season.

Ashton United
Result: Ashton 0 - 3 Blyth
Games left to play: (7) Stockport (a), Leamington (a), Spennymoor (h), Guiseley (a), Chester (h), Boston (a), Altrincham (h).
Form: WLLLL
Total potential points: 51
PPG: 0.86
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 36
Comment: Ashton moved a step closer to relegation with a routine victory for Blyth. It does nothing to help their goal difference of -40. I just don't see a way for the to stay in this league based on the way they concede goals.

FC United of Manchester
Result: Curzon Ashton 3 - 1 FC United
Games left to play: (7) York (h), Nuneaton (h), Darlington (a), Kidderminster (h), Alfreton (a), Blyth (h), Brackley (a).
Form: DDDWL
Total potential points: 51
PPG: 0.86
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 36
Comment: FC United seem like the team who could pull off a great escape if one is to happen. That cause would be helped should they keep 11 men on the pitch, the red card yesterday was their 5th of the season. But it's a huge couple of weeks coming up for them. Games against York, Nuneaton and us are all winnable, but it's hard to see how many more points they will get after that.

Nuneaton Borough
Result: Nuneaton 1 - 2 Darlington
Games left to play: (7) FC United (a), Chester (h), Blyth Spartans (a), Bradford (Park Avenue) (a), Altrincham (h), Leamington (a), Stockport (h).
Total potential points: 37
PPG: 0.46
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 19
Comment: Another step closer to confirming relegation for Nuneaton. Total potential points are now just 37, which means the only team they can mathematically catch are Guiseley. Should Guiseley beat York next weekend and Nuneaton lose that will be curtains for them. After much searching, it looks like they will avoid any records for lowest points as Hinckley only got 13 in 2012/13. Positive news for them about potential investors which will see the club able to continue which I'm sure will matter most to their fans.

16) Darlington
17) Hereford
18) Leamington
19) Guiseley
20) FC United
21) Ashton United
22) Nuneaton

My totally gut instinct predictor says that we will win two more, couple of draws to get to around 48 points and see us finish on the top of the bottom. With their run in it's hard to see Hereford winning many more games, maybe a win and a few draws to finish on 46. Leamington similar a couple of wins or maybe and win and a few draws for around 46 points.

Really hard to call between Guiseley and FC United neither of their run ins make it obvious where they will pick up points. I think Guiseley will just about do it. 4 or 5 points from their final games may make their lead over FC United unassailable

Upcoming Fixtures:

Tuesday 26th March
Bradford PA v AFC Telford
FC United v York
Hereford v Brackley Town
Stockport v Ashton Utd

Wednesday 27th March
Darlington v Chester

Saturday 30th March
AFC Telford v Blyth
Altrincham v Kidderminster
Boston Utd v Curzon Ashton
Bradford PA v Alfreton
Chester v Chorley
FC United v Nuneaton
Guiseley v York
Leamington v Ashton Utd
Southport v Brackley Town
Spennymoor v Hereford
Stockport v Darlington

Comments:

Tough games for Hereford and Ashton. FC United have the chance to turn up the pressure on Guiseley with a win against York. Our mid-week game might be more winnable that it looks, as Chester have one of the worse away records in the division. Win there and we give ourselves a good chance to finish on top of the bottom (and who said we have nothing to play for).

OnTheTerraces

Post by OnTheTerraces » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:11 pm

As the bottom teams seem to be playing each other I think we need to make sure we don’t lose to these sides and that will be enough.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:43 pm

OnTheTerraces wrote:As the bottom teams seem to be playing each other I think we need to make sure we don’t lose to these sides and that will be enough.
Finally you have looked into it since u started spouting shite about not been good enough

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:04 am

I've said it for a while, but i'd now say it with full confidence. We are safe this season.

The rest of it should be about how we're shaping up for next year.

Nuneaton are gone, and it's 2 from 3 of FCU, Ashton & Guiseley. I'd marginally prefer Guiseley, as they're more local. FCU can do one, they're a weird, United fans hobby club.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:19 am

H1987 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:04 am
I've said it for a while, but i'd now say it with full confidence. We are safe this season.

The rest of it should be about how we're shaping up for next year.

Nuneaton are gone, and it's 2 from 3 of FCU, Ashton & Guiseley. I'd marginally prefer Guiseley, as they're more local. FCU can do one, they're a weird, United fans hobby club.
I agree we are safe now, of the 3 that are fighting relegation, they all have there pluses for staying in the Conference North. FCU bring a decent following to Darlo. I went to Ashton Utd and they are a very friendly club who don't have any aspirations to go any higher up the pyramid. Guiseley are localish and so it's a good day out for fans.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:30 pm

Normally I would agree with you, but FC Utd have Nuneaton then us to play, and Guiseley have us. Draws against those 2 and it is all over though. Beat either one of them, and likewise.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:28 pm

Table

Teams

Darlington
Result: Darlington 0 - 1 Chester
Stockport 2 - 0 Darlington
Games played: 37
Games left to play: 5, FC United (h), Boston (a), Bradford (Park Avenue) (h), Guiseley (a), Leamington (h).
Form: LLWLL
Total potential points: 55
PPG: 1.08
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 45
Comment: Well a week in which we were hoping to move ourselves towards safety. We stood still, once again relying on the results of others as we sleepwalk towards the end of the season. I still think we'll be safe but it's really doing nothing for us crawling over the line. A result against FC United next week would leave us 12 points infront with 4 to play. Leamington on the final day can't come soon enough, if we have the points to keep us safe.

Leamington
Result: Leamington 1 - 0 Ashton United
Games left to play: (5) Curzon Ashton (a), Alfreton (h), Kidderminster (a), Nuneaton (h), Darlington (a).
Form: LDWLW
Total potential points: 58
PPG: 1.16
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 49
Comment: A good win for Leamington, one that sees them 12 points clear of the relegation zone with only 15 to play for. Another good season for them if it's to be believed that they have one of the lowest budgets in the league. Not that I will complain, decent club, nice people and one of the more local games for London exiles such as myself.

Hereford
Result: Hereford 0 - 2 Brackley
Spennymoor 0 - 2 Hereford
Games left to play: (6) Stockport (h), Alfreton (a), Southport (a), Telford (h), Altrincham (a), Boston (h).
Form: DWWLW
Total potential points: 63
PPG: 1.25
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 53
Comment: Hereford continue their impressive end of season form despite their tough opponents. 15 points clear of FC United , they will mathematically confirm their position in this league for next season if they can get out of their game against Stockport in a weeks time.

Guiseley
Result: Guiseley 1 - 0 Curzon Ashton
Guiseley 1 - 1 York
Games left to play: (6) Spennymoor (a), Brackley (a), Ashton (h), Blyth (a), Darlington (h), Kidderminster (a).
Form: LLLWD
Total potential points: 55
PPG: 1.03
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 43
Comment: Two good results in a week for Guiseley which brings them right onto our tail. From looking like FC United were going to go level on points with them on Tuesday night, to be 6 clear of them at the end of the week must be a relief. Tough game at Spennymoor on Tuesday night before they all temporarily become Darlo fans next Saturday when we face FC United.

Ashton United
Result: Stockport 2 - 1 Ashton United
Leamington 1 - 0 Ashton United
Games left to play: (5) Spennymoor (h), Guiseley (a), Chester (h), Boston (a), Altrincham (h).
Total potential points: 45
PPG: 0.81
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 34
Comment: It's not a good time to be experiencing your worst form of the season. Ashton operate on one of the smallest budgets in the league, so it was always going to be tough for them. Still a couple of weeks till it is mathematically confirmed, but I don't see any signs that they can fight for their place in this division next year.

FC United of Manchester
Result: FC United 3 - 3 York
FC United 0 - 4 Nuneaton
Games left to play: (5) Darlington (a), Kidderminster (h), Alfreton (a), Blyth (h), Brackley (a).
Form: LDLWD
Total potential points: 46
PPG: 0.84
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 35
Comment: What a week for FC United, on Tuesday night they stood 3-1 up against 10 man York city, at the time it was drawing them on level points with Guiseley. But their second half performance ended the game in a draw, before being embarrassed 4-0 by crisis club Nuneaton. If they are eventually relegated, they may look back on this week as the one that did for them. Huge game against us next Saturday if they are to retain any hope.

Nuneaton Borough
Result: FC United 0 - 4 Nuneaton
Games left to play: (6) Chester (h), Blyth Spartans (a), Bradford (Park Avenue) (a), Altrincham (h), Leamington (a), Stockport (h).
Form: LLLLW
Total potential points: 37
PPG: 0.53
Predicted points (on PPG basis): 22
Comment: What a week for Nuneaton. The threat of winding up has been stayed after some local business men have come forward to clear the clubs debts. To top that off they get one of their best results of the season on the Saturday. Unfortunately, due to Guiseley's form in the last week any point gained by Guiseley will confirm Nuneaton's relegation. It could happen on Tuesday night when Guiseley play Spennymoor.

16) Hereford
17) Leamington
18) Darlington
19) Guiseley
20) FC United
21) Ashton United
22) Nuneaton

Well my optimism was clearly misplaced. I thought we would turn up a couple more times this season and climb to the top this little pack. Hereford would be suppressed by their tough run in, Guiseley would struggle to score the goals to see them to safety and FC United would beat them over the line. Now looks more likely that we will limp very feebly over the line. Remind me again just when will this awful season end.

Still likely to be a couple of weeks for mathematical confirmation of who will be relegated in terms of Ashton and FC United. Unfortunately, due to Guiseley's form in the last week, any point gained by Guiseley will confirm Nuneaton's relegation. It could happen on Tuesday night when Guiseley play Spennymoor.

Upcoming Fixtures:

Monday 1st April
Curzon Ashton v Blyth

Tuesday 2nd April
Spennymoor v Guiseley

Saturday 6th April
Alfreton v Altrincham
Ashton Utd v Spennymoor
Blyth v Boston Utd
Brackley Town v Guiseley
Chorley v AFC Telford
Curzon Ashton v Leamington
Darlington v FC United
Hereford v Stockport
Kidderminster v Bradford (Park Avenue)
Nuneaton v Chester
York v Southport

Comments:

Guiseley v Spenny on Tuesday night will potentially confirm Nuneaton's relegation.

Looking to the weekend, tough fixtures for Ashton, Guiseley and Hereford. But of course the game of the weekend (at the bottom at least), will be our home game with FC United. Win and we will have a 12 point gap with 12 to play for. Lose and our gap would be cut to 6 points. With Boston and Bradford PA to play following this weekends game, I'd feel a lot more comfortable with points on the board, even if our remaining fixtures could be classed as 'easier'.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:29 pm

Great work on this stats fest. Personally I think we already have enough points to be safe. At the very least FCUM would need to win 3 and draw 1 of their remaining 5 games to climb above us... and that would require us to remain pointless during that scenario. Given that they have only won 2 of their last 17 games and have just been hammered by one of the worst teams I have seen since our Northern League days, Nuneaton, (including incredibly allowing James Caton to score against them), then I deem it game over. They're headed for fish and chips in Whitby. Thank God there are at least 3 other teams who are even more dreadful than we are over a long, long season.

Ginge01

Post by Ginge01 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:30 am

Great work JE93, as always, an entertaining informative reading.

I held off commenting over the last few weeks, I'll tell you why later, this is about the Quakers.

Until the games were played, I thought there was a chance FCUM could beat York midweek (they lead 3-1 with 20 mins to go), then beat Nuneaton and they could be within 4 points with next Saturday's Darlington FCUM game being a game that with momentum, they could grab a 0-1 away win in a scrappy game and our season becomes horrifying with a few games to go. With Leamington favourites to beat Ashton today (won 1-0) and Guiseley a fair chance to beat Curzon Ashton (won 1-0), it could all have been very tight at the bottom today, but thankfully FCUm only got 1 point out of 6.

Predicting form is too difficult at the bottom of the table, the teams are down here because they are inconsistent, bad, or both.

However, looking forward, it is quite possible that

Guiseley's games (Spennymoor 5th (a), Brackley 3rd (a), Ashton 21st (h), Blyth 11th (a), Darlington 18th (h), Kidderminster 8th (a)) will produce maybe 1 away point, a home win over Ashton and possibly a draw with us so 5 points, that would give them 42.

FCUM's games (Darlington 18th (a), Kidderminster 8th (h), Alfreton 12th (a), Blyth 11th (h), Brackley 3rd (a)) It's hard to see two home wins and two away wins, I could see 1 win and 2 draws, 5 points gets them to 36.

Ashton's games (Spennymoor 5th (h), Guiseley 19th (a), Chester 9th (h), Boston 10th (a), Altrincham 6th (h)). Apart from being at Guiseley who have won 4 points in two games, I don't see Ashton getting more than 3 points with a win at Guiseley to take them to 33.

As we are on 40 points, we should be safe as FCUM and Ashton don't have enough games or appear to have enough quality players to pass us.

Andrew Nelson's goals in December, those wins over York and Ashton are what will probably keep us up, very important six points that were earned when the pressure was not as great as it is now.

Looking at the table, from 8th place Kidderminster to 19th place Guiseley.
8th Kiddie to 14th Curzon Ashton, greater than 10 wins, less than 10 draws, Chester is the exception (14 wins, 11 draws).
15th Southport to 19th Guiseley, twelve or more draws, wins at 11 down to 7.

It is no comfort to say what if, too many games this season giving up leads that turned into draws and even losses (Hereford away as an example), but would a few of last years players (Phil Turnbull, Josh Heaton) been enough to have had us on the edge of the playoffs where this would have been a decent season. The sale of Harvey Saunders, Reece Styche earlier in the season, it's a reverse of the first few years of the reformed club when we fed on Northern League and other clubs, now we have become the devoured, losing our better players to teams even in our own division. What can be done about this? An Andrew Nelson type is what we need to move us along up the table. There are changes needed for 2019/20 as we cannot accept that we are a bottom half of the table team, two divisions from the Football League.

Finally, over the last twelve month's I've had to find a new job (took four months of searching and scrambling, living off savings), and out of pocket health issues (not cheap in the U.S.), I now have a good job, after initially finding a not so well paid job, I hope to be able to follow the Quakers more closely going forward. These forums are great when people step up and write threads like this. Thanks again for your great work JE93

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:03 am

I think all we need to do is avoid defeat against FCUM and we'll be safe.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:56 am

A point and we'll be fine. They have too much to do. I wonder if they'll bring a decent following to at least boost our coffers a bit. We might need segregation though.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:02 am

There's an extraordinary interview with the FCUM manager after yesterday's terrible defeat in which he lambasts his players, saying one-and-a-half of them performed against Nuneaton, some of them are only bothered about money and he'll be shaking hands with them and saying goodbye.

He says if they are looking for clubs in the future and managers ask his opinion of them he'll tell them exactly what he thinks.

He says a number of them won't feature against Darlo next week and he's not afraid to bring in Under-21s for that game. It's one of the most stinging attacks I've heard by a manager against his own players, especially given that there are still a few games left to play and they are not yet relegated.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:08 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:02 am
There's an extraordinary interview with the FCUM manager after yesterday's terrible defeat in which he lambasts his players, saying one-and-a-half of them performed against Nuneaton, some of them are only bothered about money and he'll be shaking hands with them and saying goodbye.

He says if they are looking for clubs in the future and managers ask his opinion of them he'll tell them exactly what he thinks.

He says a number of them won't feature against Darlo next week and he's not afraid to bring in Under-21s for that game. It's one of the most stinging attacks I've heard by a manager against his own players, especially given that there are still a few games left to play and they are not yet relegated.
Cheers for that, must have a listen.The bubble has burst at FCUM.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:33 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:08 pm
LoidLucan wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:02 am

Cheers for that, must have a listen.The bubble has burst at FCUM.
It has, but they have they have superb infrastructure to release all their players and start again in the Evo-Stik and make a rapid and sustained return.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:39 pm

You've got fans calling the players a parasitic shower of shite and an embarrasment, not fit to wear the shirt, it's not a happy ship. Solskjaer's calling now United are looking to regain their Manc crown :twisted: