Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

tdk1
Posts: 1968
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by tdk1 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:04 pm

My god that second half was a disgrace

quakerman
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by quakerman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:07 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:We're now playing as bad as after Nuneaton. Very good assessment by Rob Purdie. Can we get him as manager? Praying for FC Utd and Ashton to keep losing.
Wright has to go after this Adam, men against boys, the man is clueless and I have had enough of him now Why didn't he make us more solid 2nd half ?.Hardly rocket science but is it down to fitness levels....could well be.You knew when they scored the first exactly what was coming.Wright out !!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

tdk1
Posts: 1968
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by tdk1 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:08 pm

It's the type of players he signed. No way on God's earth the last two games would have happened as they did in a team containing Gary brown.

quakersfan
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by quakersfan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:10 pm

darlo reborn wrote:4-2 now
Glad we left early didn’t think it could get worse.

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1622
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:14 pm

quakerman wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:We're now playing as bad as after Nuneaton. Very good assessment by Rob Purdie. Can we get him as manager? Praying for FC Utd and Ashton to keep losing.
Wright has to go after this Adam, men against boys, the man is clueless and I have had enough of him now Why didn't he make us more solid 2nd half ?.Hardly rocket science but is it down to fitness levels....could well be.You knew when they scored the first exactly what was coming.Wright out !!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
We can't afford to Ron until his contract is up. If we can stay up then hoping his contract isn't renewed in the summer.

Beano
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by Beano » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Wright cannot continue beyond the end of the current season.


I sincerely hope his contract isn’t multi-year.
Last edited by Beano on Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quakerlad
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:54 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by Quakerlad » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:15 pm

How on earth can 42% of people on here seriously want them to be still the management team next season? Beyond belief.

Remember the Chester management team saying somewhere how surprised they were that Darlo had become so weak and “nice” after the game at their place, it just wasn’t the type of team they had battled with season after season.

Well we sure know what to expect when we play them. Elliott, Glover, Nicholson just don’t work together.........it’s just so obvious why doesn’t he see it! Never thought I would say that Leon Scott would be a huge signing for us!!

He is taking us backwards at a rapid speed and has been basically all season.

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:16 pm

We are just a team consisting mainly of pea hearted, weak willed, weak bodied midgets.

Not enough strength or battle, nobody to grab the game by the scruff of it's neck and organise the rabble.

We have some skillful players so all to often we race into the lead - only to mentally and physically crumble as soon as the opposition recover from the shock of being behind to this bunch of useless cunnts, and put us under some pressure.
TAFKAQ

@1883Of

Darlo2807
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by Darlo2807 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:18 pm

Starting to think we’ll go down. Last 5 games we’ve picked up 2 points, lose to Nuneaton and FCUM and we’re down.

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:18 pm

Quakerlad wrote:How on earth can 42% of people on here seriously want them to be still the management team next season? Beyond belief.

Remember the Chester management team saying somewhere how surprised they were that Darlo had become so weak and “nice” after the game at their place, it just wasn’t the type of team they had battled with season after season.

Well we sure know what to expect when we play them. Elliott, Glover, Nicholson just don’t work together.........it’s just so obvious why doesn’t he see it! Never thought I would say that Leon Scott would be a huge signing for us!!

He is taking us backwards at a rapid speed and has been basically all season.
You're right - although Leon Scott and Gary Brown were pretty much at their limit at this level, they both were strong characters who would not hide on the pitch, and not give in either.
TAFKAQ

@1883Of

H1987
Posts: 1148
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by H1987 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:20 pm

I haven't really got the words right now. I think i'm all out of swear words.

quakerman
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by quakerman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:21 pm

tdk1 wrote:It's the type of players he signed. No way on God's earth the last two games would have happened as they did in a team containing Gary brown.
The clown was determined to get rid of as many of Gray's signings as he could, we would never of rolled over like that under Gray.We are now playing a converted CF at the back replacing a converted midfielder, Glover is nowhere ready for this league and don't get me going on Henshall.He is a poor manager, I had always given him the benefit of the doubt but not any more.These last 2 games we have been totally outplayed and has TOTALLY convinced me he has to go, possibly,sad to say, along with Whitey .

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Wijnhard's_Schlong
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:52 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by Wijnhard's_Schlong » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:21 pm

Final straw for me that today. I’ve no doubt the intentions and hard work have been there with Tommy but ultimately that can only cover over an underlying inability to manage the team to even a moderately adequate level for so long.

Don’t expect TW to walk (unfortunately) and so can only hope we somehow stumble our way to a few more points in the coming 8 games to stay in this league. The man has had his chance though and should not be in charge come the summer. Far too poor more often than not and a frankly abysmal return in terms of games won.

Darlo_CR
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:23 pm

Tommy went straight down the tunnel on the final whistle, not even an appreciation for the 175 fans who made the long journey down!

tdk1
Posts: 1968
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by tdk1 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:25 pm

He never does after a defeat, and probably with good reason. He'd be absolutely barracked.

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1622
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:27 pm

Oh s***. We still have FC to play.

quakerman
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by quakerman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:38 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Oh s***. We still have FC to play.
I know, that's a major worry Adam, they are still signing players yet we are doing the opposite and releasing ours.They will bring quite a few fans with them and I will tell you right now they will beat us.We are short of leaders and are mentally very weak.What I would give for some of that fighting spirit from those players Wright deemed not good enough.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

biccynana
Posts: 542
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by biccynana » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:41 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Oh s***. We still have FC to play.
And Guiseley and Leamington. Some big games coming up.

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:43 pm

There is always one team that slumps from a safe looking position to relegation or near relegation every season. This season, other people will be pointing their prediction fingers at us.
TAFKAQ

@1883Of

Darlo2807
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by Darlo2807 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:49 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:There is always one team that slumps from a safe looking position to relegation or near relegation every season. This season, other people will be pointing their prediction fingers at us.
Was Tamworth last season, after they sold Styche.

:?

knoxy5000
Posts: 749
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:54 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by knoxy5000 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:52 pm

2 Points from a possible 15, that just isn't good enough. We are a fan owned club and the majority want a change in management. Surely the people at the top should respect that, bearing in mind we're the ones funding the club.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 3898
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:54 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:There is always one team that slumps from a safe looking position to relegation or near relegation every season. This season, other people will be pointing their prediction fingers at us.
They will.

In years gone by when we’ve been in this position I’m sure I can remember us going out and getting about 3 new players in to help us over the line. This would obviously cost but what cost relegation?

We need some experience and strength and quick.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

User avatar
feethams
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by feethams » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:12 pm

If being relegated means Wright leaves with some of the Midlands lads, and we end up signing a few more local players who play with their hearts on their sleeves then i'd take it. Give me a choice of Evo Stik football like Whitby away then i'd gladly take it over the current crap.

Beano
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by Beano » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:22 pm

feethams wrote:If being relegated means Wright leaves with some of the Midlands lads, and we end up signing a few more local players who play with their hearts on their sleeves then i'd take it. Give me a choice of Evo Stik football like Whitby away then i'd gladly take it over the current crap.
I desperately don’t want to be relegated, but it wouldn’t be the financial disaster many think, albeit virtually all of the current would have to go.

Attendances would likely increase from the very low base if we were playing consistently well.

quakersfan
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by quakersfan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:29 pm

Beano wrote:
feethams wrote:If being relegated means Wright leaves with some of the Midlands lads, and we end up signing a few more local players who play with their hearts on their sleeves then i'd take it. Give me a choice of Evo Stik football like Whitby away then i'd gladly take it over the current crap.
I desperately don’t want to be relegated, but it wouldn’t be the financial disaster many think, albeit virtually all of the current would have to go.

Attendances would likely increase from the very low base if we were playing consistently well.
Relegation would be a total disaster on and off the pitch, doubt we could afford a full time commercial manager and all the good work Craig Morley has done would unravel.

Beano
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by Beano » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:30 pm

quakersfan wrote:
Beano wrote:
feethams wrote:If being relegated means Wright leaves with some of the Midlands lads, and we end up signing a few more local players who play with their hearts on their sleeves then i'd take it. Give me a choice of Evo Stik football like Whitby away then i'd gladly take it over the current crap.
I desperately don’t want to be relegated, but it wouldn’t be the financial disaster many think, albeit virtually all of the current would have to go.

Attendances would likely increase from the very low base if we were playing consistently well.
Relegation would be a total disaster on and off the pitch, doubt we could afford a full time commercial manager and all the good work Craig Morley has done would unravel.
Can we afford one now?

LoidLucan
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:31 pm

Wouldn't it be a bit ironic if Cartman, Syers, Turnbull, Brown and Gillies are plying their trade in National North next season and we're off to Marine.

Beano
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by Beano » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:33 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Wouldn't it be a bit ironic if Cartman, Syers, Turnbull, Brown and Gillies are plying their trade in National North next season and we're off to Marine.
Cartman and Syers are tearing it up for Farsley.

If Syers was still here he’d be one of the better players.

LoidLucan
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:43 pm

Not sure about that as TW mainly had him on the bench.

quakerman
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford v Darlington Match Thread

Post by quakerman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:51 pm

Tell you what, we need at least a couple of signings in this week, not young kids but more physical, experienced players who can mix it.If Wright goes with this squad for the rest of the season we will go down, confidence is low and I cannot see us winning another game

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Post Reply