Spenny Bottle

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Emdubya
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Spenny Bottle

Post by Emdubya » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:11 pm

Seems to have gone a bit earlier this season :D

jjljks
Posts: 1626
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by jjljks » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:49 am

Their form is only just better than most of the relegation strugglers. 1 win in last 5,is this a deliberate ploy as perhaps they see the playoffs as a means to generate some excitement? ;)

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4053
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:13 am

Mr Groves has been helpful to us previously - but some of their players UGH.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

eddie-rowles
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by eddie-rowles » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:35 am

For all the banter genuinely hope they get promoted would love to see them, poolies, Gateshead, south shields. scarboro etc in the same league with us as opposed to traveling to Nuneaton

AndyPark
Posts: 11485
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by AndyPark » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:36 am

I hope it goes tits up for them.

spen666
Posts: 1658
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by spen666 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:52 am

Nothing to do with bottle, Spennymoor were beaten by a better side on the night. At the end of the season the league table presents a true picture of how sides have performed

No complaints. I am prepared to admit we didn't deserve to win.


As for comments about the size of the crowd...Spennymoor get a far higher % of their town population watching them than Darlington do. Its not really a surprise that Darlington get around double the gates Spennymoor do, when the population of Darlington is around 6 times that of Spennymoor.


In reply to eddie-rowles comments about all the NE sides being in same division, its more likely to be in NLN than in NL as its more likely that Hartlepool and Gateshead will come down than all the others go up sadly.





....
Last edited by spen666 on Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

H1987
Posts: 1341
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by H1987 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:56 am

I'd be pretty amazed if they manage to not make the playoffs this year.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12220
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:08 am

I also hope they don't get promoted, as it wouldn't be the same without them! I do think they'll make the playoffs but no further.

JE93
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by JE93 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:24 am

spen666 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:52 am
Nothing to do with bottle, Spennymoor were beaten by a better side on the night. At the end of the season the league table presents a true picture of how sides have performed

No complaints. I am prepared to admit we didn't deserve to win.


As for comments about the size of the crowd...Spennymoor get a far higher % of their town population watching them than Darlington do. Its not really a surprise that Darlington get around double the gates Spennymoor do, when the population of Darlington is around 6 times that of Spennymoor.


In reply to eddie-rowles comments about all the NE sides being in same division, its more likely to be in NLN than in NL as its more likely that Hartlepool and Gateshead will come down than all the others go up sadly.
Is it the % of the towns population that pays the bills spen? Or is it Brad's seven figure investment?

spen666
Posts: 1658
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by spen666 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:12 pm

JE93 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:24 am
spen666 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:52 am
Nothing to do with bottle, Spennymoor were beaten by a better side on the night. At the end of the season the league table presents a true picture of how sides have performed

No complaints. I am prepared to admit we didn't deserve to win.


As for comments about the size of the crowd...Spennymoor get a far higher % of their town population watching them than Darlington do. Its not really a surprise that Darlington get around double the gates Spennymoor do, when the population of Darlington is around 6 times that of Spennymoor.


In reply to eddie-rowles comments about all the NE sides being in same division, its more likely to be in NLN than in NL as its more likely that Hartlepool and Gateshead will come down than all the others go up sadly.
Is it the % of the towns population that pays the bills spen? Or is it Brad's seven figure investment?

THe comment I was answering was in relation to attendances. Who pays the bills is irrelevant to that. However, paying bills is a novel idea

User avatar
D_F_C
Posts: 1739
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by D_F_C » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:20 pm

spen666 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:12 pm
JE93 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:24 am
spen666 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:52 am
Nothing to do with bottle, Spennymoor were beaten by a better side on the night. At the end of the season the league table presents a true picture of how sides have performed

No complaints. I am prepared to admit we didn't deserve to win.


As for comments about the size of the crowd...Spennymoor get a far higher % of their town population watching them than Darlington do. Its not really a surprise that Darlington get around double the gates Spennymoor do, when the population of Darlington is around 6 times that of Spennymoor.


In reply to eddie-rowles comments about all the NE sides being in same division, its more likely to be in NLN than in NL as its more likely that Hartlepool and Gateshead will come down than all the others go up sadly.
Is it the % of the towns population that pays the bills spen? Or is it Brad's seven figure investment?

THe comment I was answering was in relation to attendances. Who pays the bills is irrelevant to that. However, paying bills is a novel idea
Spen is actually right here. I think it's bad that the best thing we can criticise Spenny about is attendance and realistically it's us who should have more in attendance.

I did think spenny were quite poor when we played them, perhaps on off day, but as we know they were fortunate to come away with a win. It's easily said but I wonder where they'd be without Taylor and where we'd be if we had a Taylor or Nelson playing for us all year

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6132
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by loan_star » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:29 pm

I actually thought they had a good crowd by their standards last night.

Emdubya
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by Emdubya » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:34 pm

Unless I’m missing something on this thread I don’t think attendances were mentioned anywhere until Spen (Thrush) brought them up.

Thrush——-irritating c##t

spen666
Posts: 1658
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by spen666 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:47 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:34 pm
Unless I’m missing something on this thread I don’t think attendances were mentioned anywhere until Spen (Thrush) brought them up.

Thrush——-irritating c##t
Andrew Park had mentioned them and that is what I was replying to

There was a 2nd paragraph to his post when I logged on commenting on Brad Groves money and the size of the crowd
Last edited by spen666 on Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4793
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:49 pm

Emdubya wrote:Unless I’m missing something on this thread I don’t think attendances were mentioned anywhere until Spen (Thrush) brought them up.

Thrush——-irritating c##t
Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

That said, Spendymore fans do seem incredibly sensitive to any comments on their attendances.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6132
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by loan_star » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:50 pm

spen666 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:47 pm
Emdubya wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:34 pm
Unless I’m missing something on this thread I don’t think attendances were mentioned anywhere until Spen (Thrush) brought them up.

Thrush——-irritating c##t
Andrew Park had mentioned them and that is what I was replying to

There was a 2nd paragraph to his post when I logged on commenting on Brad Groves money and the size of the crowd
Not in this thread he hasn't.

HarryCharltonsCat
Posts: 990
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:53 pm

JE93 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:24 am
spen666 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:52 am
Nothing to do with bottle, Spennymoor were beaten by a better side on the night. At the end of the season the league table presents a true picture of how sides have performed

No complaints. I am prepared to admit we didn't deserve to win.


As for comments about the size of the crowd...Spennymoor get a far higher % of their town population watching them than Darlington do. Its not really a surprise that Darlington get around double the gates Spennymoor do, when the population of Darlington is around 6 times that of Spennymoor.


In reply to eddie-rowles comments about all the NE sides being in same division, its more likely to be in NLN than in NL as its more likely that Hartlepool and Gateshead will come down than all the others go up sadly.
Is it the % of the towns population that pays the bills spen? Or is it Brad's seven figure investment?
Yawn. And the obsession with Brad's investment goes on.

OnTheTerraces
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by OnTheTerraces » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:49 pm

Hardly an "investment" ........... more "an expensive hobby" :lol:

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 1829
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:59 pm

We all accept that attendances have been poor this season but these are in line with the poor season we are having.The potential support we have waiting to back a successful team far outweighs the Spenny support ...this is the big difference between us and them.If we were going for promotion as well as cementing a playoff place, crowds would be more towards the 2000 mark than 1000 at present and would imagine more than 200 fans going to Stockport for a top of the league clash

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


biccynana
Posts: 625
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by biccynana » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:36 pm

loan_star wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:50 pm
spen666 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:47 pm
Emdubya wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:34 pm
Unless I’m missing something on this thread I don’t think attendances were mentioned anywhere until Spen (Thrush) brought them up.

Thrush——-irritating c##t
Andrew Park had mentioned them and that is what I was replying to

There was a 2nd paragraph to his post when I logged on commenting on Brad Groves money and the size of the crowd
Not in this thread he hasn't.
Was just thinking that. No sign of a 'last edited by' at the bottom of Andy's post. Aren't solicitors supposed to have a keen eye for detail and accuracy?

onewayup
Posts: 1726
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by onewayup » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:30 pm

Spen666 is a legend in his own mind as are his credentials shot.

real_darlo_85
Posts: 902
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Newton Aycliffe

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by real_darlo_85 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:17 pm

I don't mind the banter and rivalry between the two clubs. At the moment they are in a better position than us and let them enjoy it while it lasts, we have far greater concerns in just staying in touch in this division!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

User avatar
mikkyx
Site Admin
Posts: 3728
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by mikkyx » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:18 pm

biccynana wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:36 pm
loan_star wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:50 pm
spen666 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:47 pm
Emdubya wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:34 pm
Unless I’m missing something on this thread I don’t think attendances were mentioned anywhere until Spen (Thrush) brought them up.

Thrush——-irritating c##t
Andrew Park had mentioned them and that is what I was replying to

There was a 2nd paragraph to his post when I logged on commenting on Brad Groves money and the size of the crowd
Not in this thread he hasn't.
Was just thinking that. No sign of a 'last edited by' at the bottom of Andy's post. Aren't solicitors supposed to have a keen eye for detail and accuracy?
Nothing in the moderation logs, either. Think your eyes were telling lies, Spen.
Mike Price - @mikkyx
---
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
One fifth of Darlo Fans Radio and one half of the Darlo Radio Football Show

shildonlad
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by shildonlad » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:21 pm

Not just spennymoors population and surrounding areas been smaller but considering the fact they have never been in the football league or even the top division of non league i would say there crowds are decent
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

darlo_baron
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:28 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by darlo_baron » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:37 pm

spen666 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:12 pm
JE93 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:24 am
spen666 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:52 am
Nothing to do with bottle, Spennymoor were beaten by a better side on the night. At the end of the season the league table presents a true picture of how sides have performed

No complaints. I am prepared to admit we didn't deserve to win.


As for comments about the size of the crowd...Spennymoor get a far higher % of their town population watching them than Darlington do. Its not really a surprise that Darlington get around double the gates Spennymoor do, when the population of Darlington is around 6 times that of Spennymoor.


In reply to eddie-rowles comments about all the NE sides being in same division, its more likely to be in NLN than in NL as its more likely that Hartlepool and Gateshead will come down than all the others go up sadly.
Is it the % of the towns population that pays the bills spen? Or is it Brad's seven figure investment?

THe comment I was answering was in relation to attendances. Who pays the bills is irrelevant to that. However, paying bills is a novel idea
Your boring and fake mask of neutrality dropped there Spen. Need I remind you that your club went out of business, not paying its bills and then proceeded to steal another one.

It's still truly baffling you continue to frequent this message board, in the manner you do, when everybody is aware of your comments about Darlo on other platforms.
Craig Liddle is God!!

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5536
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:16 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:21 pm
Not just spennymoors population and surrounding areas been smaller but considering the fact they have never been in the football league or even the top division of non league i would say there crowds are decent
Spenny crowds are pretty decent, 10 years or so of success, financial input and improvements certainly helps that.

They struggled to increase crowds in the Northern League and the local community has only got on board really since moving up the leagues, shows that sitting in the NL winning every week wasn't the answer - it only ever helped the NL committee having a great day out at Wembley.

The question would be if Spenny stopped having the funds to do so well, what would be the natural position/crowd levels? Lucky for the fans that it's not a question they need to ask right now and can just enjoy it for what it is.

User avatar
MKDarlo
Posts: 1049
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:39 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by MKDarlo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:30 pm

Spennymoor - the only team in the country with more supporters clubs than supporters.

HarryCharltonsCat
Posts: 990
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:35 pm

OnTheTerraces wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:49 pm
Hardly an "investment" ........... more "an expensive hobby" :lol:
Hobby suggests something he doesn't take too seriously. I would suggest he takes Spennymoor very seriously. And I'm sure he's "invested" plenty of time and money. If you are trying to say he'll never realise a profit on what he's put in, depends if you only measure it in monetary terms. Seeing his club sitting so close to National League is probably a decent return for him.

OnTheTerraces
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by OnTheTerraces » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:47 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:35 pm
OnTheTerraces wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:49 pm
Hardly an "investment" ........... more "an expensive hobby" :lol:
Hobby suggests something he doesn't take too seriously. I would suggest he takes Spennymoor very seriously. And I'm sure he's "invested" plenty of time and money. If you are trying to say he'll never realise a profit on what he's put in, depends if you only measure it in monetary terms. Seeing his club sitting so close to National League is probably a decent return for him.
Im using the dictionary definition of the word Investment - "investment" - "the action or process of investing money for profit."

Putting money into Spennymoor is not an investment. There is absolutely no chance he will make any return on the money he has put in.

Emdubya
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Bottle

Post by Emdubya » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:57 pm

Oh dear.Has Uncle Brad told them to chuck it :lol: :lol:

Post Reply