Darlington V Chester

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington V Chester

Post by poppyfield » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:11 pm

I hope we can get a decent crowd for this one 1000 plus any that can make the trip from Chester, lets get behind the team and get a result.
Probably the same starting 11, defence needs to tighten up, formation wise its anybody's guess as to what suites us best at the moment.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Darlington V Chester

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:25 pm

Which Darlo will turn up??

Strong, give it a go Darlo,last seen V Chorley - or weak powder puff Darlo, epitomised by the collapse at Hereford.

With this manager and the ever changing player situation, it's impossible to know what to think.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:58 pm

Chester have the second worst away record in the league. In that case, we SHOULD beat them.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:32 pm

I reckon the crowd could be just around 1000, with hopefully Chester bringing a few. Missed a couple of games recently, so really looking forward to seeing the new players.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:26 am

Looking forward to tonight’s game, not many home games left now, hope we can get something from the match.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:02 pm

Really impressed by the optimism and faith on the threads, if these vibrations reach the players we should get something tonight.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:13 pm

I'd be hoping around 1,100-1,200. Chester should at least bring 100 or so, and have an actual away following - although appreciate it's a very long way on a weekend.

It's time for players and indeed TW to be proving why they are worth persevering with next season. I think we have a good chance of a win.

ScottBoyT

Post by ScottBoyT » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:26 pm

Hoping for a good crowd.. As good as safe now so feeling much more relaxed about everything

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:38 pm

H1987 wrote:I'd be hoping around 1,100-1,200. Chester should at least bring 100 or so, and have an actual away following - although appreciate it's a very long way on a weekend.

It's time for players and indeed TW to be proving why they are worth persevering with next season. I think we have a good chance of a win.
Week day

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:44 pm

Does Wright already know he’s going at the end of the season? I know he doesn’t look bothered most games but he stood there for the full 90 minutes with his arms crossed looking fed up.

Losing the game 1-0 and he doesn’t change things by using his subs?!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:49 pm

Gap likely to be 6 points after Saturday with us at Stockport and FC Utd at home to Nuneaton. Then the must not lose hone game v FC Utd. They'll bring a few hundred and it'll be their big chance to beat the drop. Will we have the bottle?

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:06 pm

Didn't manage to listen tonight. Looking back on twitter seemed to have a few chances. Tommy says he's embarrassed by our results....really?! Perhaps he could follow Mrs May's lead. Did he really not use a sub? Could anyone there summarise? Cheers.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:13 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:06 pm
Didn't manage to listen tonight. Looking back on twitter seemed to have a few chances. Tommy says he's embarrassed by out results....really?! Did he really not use a sub? Could anyone there summarise? Cheers.
Very flat game, Chester were a decent side but nothing special. We look a team of strangers who are incredibly low on confidence. TW looked like he had other places to be.

As for the subs, I have no idea why he didn’t bring anyone on to freshen things up.

Roll on the season end.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:17 pm

Ainge had a header that the keeper did well to tip over in the first half. They scored from a free kick when we went to sleep at the back.

Not much happened in the second half. The highlight was a bullet header from Tommo from the edge of six yard box on the by line that hit a defender and looked destined to be an own goal but their keeper somehow kept it out the lucky boy.

All in all, another toothless performance which players making poor decisions in the final third. And no, Tommy didn’t make any subs that I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:19 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Didn't manage to listen tonight. Looking back on twitter seemed to have a few chances. Tommy says he's embarrassed by out results....really?! Did he really not use a sub? Could anyone there summarise? Cheers.
Very flat game, Chester were a decent side but nothing special. We look a team of strangers who are incredibly low on confidence. TW looked like he had other places to be.

As for the subs, I have no idea why he didn’t bring anyone on to freshen things up.

Roll on the season end.
He will be releasing the Bermuda triangle on Stockport Saturday, he didnt want there scout to see anything and give his master plan away..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:31 pm

What is the point of signing players on loan and not playing them even when losing at home?

Why play Elliot at left back for 2 games when just signed a left back on loan from a premiership club? Clearly he believes Elliott is a better left back so why on earth sign him?

Why when losing 0-1 at home and your forwards are creating nothing do you keep the loanee centre forward on the bench?

Why push Ainge up front for only the last minute of the game?

Tactical genius as usual......I just despair!! I have never known as much apathy amongst fans in over 50 years......watching Darlo at home is just boring.....

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:36 pm

1116 crowd let down by disjointed, clueless display. Pitch looked dry & our midfield had more holes than a Swiss cheese. Chester were up for it and never let us string more than 3 passes together. TW needs to rethink the whole thing again before facing fans via the Netcafe on Friday so he can answer the questions that Quakerlad is asking.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:36 pm

I can't understand what Wrighty is doing at the moment by bringing in players and not using them. Two on loan from Huddersfield one of whom is a striker and he doesn't give him a run out when we are one down.

He persists with Saunders who runs around but offers nothing else, thank God Fleetwood have taken him off our hands. Hopefully he is not loaned back to us next season.

Leamington at home can't come quick enough to end this season.

A lot of rebuilding to be done in the summer.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:46 pm

Quakerlad wrote:What is the point of signing players on loan and not playing them even when losing at home?

Why play Elliot at left back for 2 games when just signed a left back on loan from a premiership club? Clearly he believes Elliott is a better left back so why on earth sign him?

Why when losing 0-1 at home and your forwards are creating nothing do you keep the loanee centre forward on the bench?

Why push Ainge up front for only the last minute of the game?

Tactical genius as usual......I just despair!! I have never known as much apathy amongst fans in over 50 years......watching Darlo at home is just boring.....
Exactly.Why is he wasting these lad’s time by keeping them on the bench, did pretty much the same with Kokolo,totally agree about Elliott, he is never a LB but a very decent midfielder where we were poor tonight.I have lost patience with Tommy tbh and what is the point in signing this other midfielder when we are crying out for a physical presence up front.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:48 pm

Can only assume he was happy with the way things were going to not change a thing. Obviously saw something I didn't. We probably dominated possession and territory in the second half but any sniff we had was of Chesters doing. Summer can't come quickly enough, pretty confident now we'll be changing manager having read DJ's programme notes.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:50 pm

Exactly what was mentioned in the programme notes?

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:00 pm

quakerman wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:50 pm
Exactly what was mentioned in the programme notes?

Hopefully it was something like “Tommy’s a useless c*** and he won’t be back next season “.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:04 pm

Far too many changes to the players this season. We don’t really have a team now, just a set of ever changing individuals.

It’s a crap way to run a football club and at this rate Thompson and Galbraith will jump ship at the end of the season.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:21 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:04 pm
Far too many changes to the players this season. We don’t really have a team now, just a set of ever changing individuals.

It’s a crap way to run a football club and at this rate Thompson and Galbraith will jump ship at the end of the season.
If Thompson and Galbraith want to leave then we will be due some money as both are unde contract for next season.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:40 pm

It’s okay though because we’re always ‘the better team’.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:50 pm

loan_star wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:21 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:04 pm

If Thompson and Galbraith want to leave then we will be due some money as both are unde contract for next season.
KER-CHING. Get em moved on and replace with kids/loans.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:55 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:

Roll on the season end.
So the Nuneaton win didn't breed any confidence then. There's a surprise.....

If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:06 am

I was also mystified by not using the subs, they didn't even warm up for the last 30 minutes of the game. Thought Chester brought a good following for such a long distance midweek game, although they made no noise.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:12 am

The thing that concerns me most is the level of apathy as TW remains in charge. It genuinely reminds me of our league 2 relegation season. We turn up. A win is a bonus but I expect nothing. I barely feel a link to any of the players barring 4 or 5. The sooner the season is over the better. Then hopefully we can announce that we'relooking for a new manager and that should give the club back some energy over the summer and shake off the malaise ready for next season.

I just genuinely don't see what Tommy is trying to achieve. We've played about 6 different formations this season and mastered non of them. We don't do the basics well. I genuinely have no idea what he does with them in training. Hes had about 4 or 5 pr gaffs this season. I know this is his income source so he isn't going to walk away (cause most likely he isn't getting a job again at this level if he does) but it's becoming embarrassing now.

Can't believe the club think it's a good idea for him to be at the netcafe on Friday night. There are definitely very few questions that could be respectfully asked of him.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:35 am

Perhaps TW is getting a donation from the Sackler Foundation and rather than use of opiates, prescriptions being given out are videos of DarloFC matches? Results pretty much the same......