Glover

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Alfie
Team Supported: Darlington

Glover

Post by Alfie » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:28 pm

Apparently on loan to Kidsgrove Ath for rest of season

D_F_C

Re: Glover

Post by D_F_C » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:36 pm

he needs game. Another thing that should have happened when we had a big enough squad with a recall clause in it

bga

Post by bga » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:38 pm

If true another brilliant TW signing. He hasn't improved this season because.....................he hasn't played! Wonder if we gave him a one or two year contract when he turned 17?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:05 pm

bga wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:38 pm
If true another brilliant TW signing. He hasn't improved this season because.....................he hasn't played! Wonder if we gave him a one or two year contract when he turned 17?
2 year deal

This loan should probably have happened a while ago - from the odd glimpse of him there looks to be a decent player in there

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:06 pm

Clearly lots of ability but I can't help thinking there couldn't have been a worse place for him for the last 18 month, barely played, No youth team to develop his skills in. Also slightly perplexed as to why no academy has taken a punt on him if the ability is there . Good luck to the lad but can't help but think we were the wrong club at the wrong time.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:12 pm

Thought this was a strange signing at the time, no youth setup and too young for the first team.Should have been sent out on loan at the start of the season, he does look a talented footballer but we just cannot develop his skills until he is physically ready for the senior squad.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:15 pm

TW said he was hoping that this would be the season in which Glover would force his way into the first-team picture. Clearly it's not worked out like that (he wasn't even used when we barely had enough players for the match-day squad) and this loan deal at this late stage in the season tells its own story.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:02 pm

Sad for the lad not getting enough games to prove himself, tommy has had a difficult season with players sold to balance the books.and injuries, budgets cut to the bone, but Tommy hasn't done himself any favours either standing arm's folded looking like he's lost as to what happens next when the team are up against it, doesn't show any passion or anger while we the fans are screaming for some intervention with subs or something to give the team the edge but arm's folded and nothing not a flicker. Tommy you came with I'm passionate about this club and have the job I wanted, Tommy its turned into a damp squid.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:09 pm

At least he'll be playing in the area he lives, which has to be better than travelling up here. Hope he gets plenty of game time and shows what he's got.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:03 am

Why it wasn't done earlier in the season....

I mean, lets be honest, you wouldn't really have wanted to throw him into this season, but still.

ScottBoyT

Post by ScottBoyT » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:03 am

Should have happened as soon as we signed him. What a waste of a season for the lad getting next to no game time. Should have trained some days with us and some days with his loan team to keep him integrated whilst getting valuable minutes under his belt

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:05 am

ScottBoyT wrote:Should have happened as soon as we signed him. What a waste of a season for the lad getting next to no game time. Should have trained some days with us and some days with his loan team to keep him integrated whilst getting valuable minutes under his belt
Agreed.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:34 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:05 am
ScottBoyT wrote:Should have happened as soon as we signed him. What a waste of a season for the lad getting next to no game time. Should have trained some days with us and some days with his loan team to keep him integrated whilst getting valuable minutes under his belt
Agreed.

Just another example of Tommy Boys astute management.
The man has been a disaster from the minute he walked through the door and if DJ fails to do the right thing at the end of the season (preferably before), there won’t be enough punters though the doors to pay the rent.
Don’t think I’ve ever felt this low about the club,even going back to the perennial shite of the early seventies.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:48 am

It’s all fairly easily solved though so whilst things are s*** now they’re nowhere near the levels of some of the times kvetch the past 20 years when we didn’t have a clue whether we’d have a club from one day to the next

I think a little perspective is needed. I have faith that the board will make the correct decision at the end of the season.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:37 am

I reckon coming to the conclusion that it is in the best interests of the club and TW himself that we go our separate ways won't be the difficult part. But finding the right person to get this club united and moving forward with some optimism and purpose will be the tricky bit.

It's going to need a thorough and analytical look at who's out there and what they could bring. Coaching background, yes; management background, yes; good contacts, yes; ability to make the best use of limited resources, yes; Academy experience, if possible; but just as important is someone who is methodical, can piece together and organise a solid team and lead and inspire it. We need a side with togetherness and character. I can think of a few names who may well meet that criteria and are realistic targets. That person is out there and they may well not be the most obvious name and we may well have to look lower down the pyramid to get there. Previous links to Darlo shouldn't play any part in it, even if they "love the club."

What a crucial appointment this will be.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:32 pm

divas wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:48 am
It’s all fairly easily solved though so whilst things are s*** now they’re nowhere near the levels of some of the times kvetch the past 20 years when we didn’t have a clue whether we’d have a club from one day to the next

I think a little perspective is needed. I have faith that the board will make the correct decision at the end of the season.
Personally I worry that at the Netcafe tonight there'll be a rallying call to support the club with funds and to back Tommy next season too. I hope you're right Divas and I'm wrong.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:19 pm

I’d imagine there needs to be some rallying call as the business isn’t finished yet this season - we really need to get a result against FCUM. They need to try and do something short term to try and combat the current apathy which I expect won’t be the exact solution that everyone wants just yet. I wouldn’t expect that to extend to encourage blind faith to buy season tickets and contribute to next season’s btb tho - it would be a mistake it that were the case imo. It does seem a slightly strange time to hold a netcafe though - it’s obvious what people want and I doubt this will give them that.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:36 pm

The lad needs to be playing in a fixed team so that he can develop. DFC have not given him any opportunities to help with his career, almost feels like he was lured here under false pretences. Was there a spare seat in the car so they got a better split on petrol money?