darlo kit history

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

stillgame
Team Supported: Darlington

darlo kit history

Post by stillgame » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:37 pm

hi, i am compiling a history of kits that were used by Darlington through their seasons in the top flight, and despite searching through historicalkits, oldfootballshirts etc i am struggling for one design from the early 80's and wondered if someone here could maybe shed some light upon it.

1983/84 darlington had a home kit that had a bukta logo on it and had a skippers trucks sponsor on it, but what was the away kit? what colour? design? v neck, collar, round neck? did it have the skippers trucks logo on it? did it have the bukta logo on it? shorts/socks same colour?

the following season they would change to Hummel and had mcewans sponsor, but i cannot find an image or even mention of the away kit design from previous season.

any help appreciated.

stillgame

Re: darlo kit history

Post by stillgame » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:51 pm

all these views and all these diehard fans of darlington, and noone remembers :roll: :shock:

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:54 pm

Maybe nobody knows, maybe people are having the issues as you.

What a knob.

stillgame

Post by stillgame » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:03 pm

never fails to amaze how people are so quick to be slanderous,
it wasnt meant as a derogatory statement, unlike your 'knob' judgement, i was surprised that noone could remember as fan forums are usually the ideal place to garner information. rest assured ill keep my opinions to myself for future, should i be stupid enough as to open myself up to judgement again by posting here. thanks for the warm welcome.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:16 pm

I'm still trying to reconcile Darlo and "top flight" :D

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:51 pm

Has it actually occurred to you that you posted during the day while the majority of people are at work and yet you expected an immediate response? Has it also occurred to you that you posted emoticons with rolling eyes, which is supposed to be a critical emoticon? If you had a bit more patience and waited for people to come home from work then you might have had a response. I know the answer to part of your question, but I actually can't be arsed now.

stillgame

Post by stillgame » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:20 pm

here we go no replies out of 130 views but enter slander into the equation and suddenly everyman and his dog has an opinion worth posting.

i got the information from more helpful sources, but as stated thanks again for such an insight into how friendly you are to new members, glad i never wasted more time here, feel free to remove my account and posts and with all respect stick the forum up your arse

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:25 pm

It's a 2 way process friendliness. That's something you don't understand.

JABWootton

Post by JABWootton » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:39 pm

Did we have an away kit?

OK sounds stupid but with the kit being all white was there ever a colour clash with home teams.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:08 pm

And the written word is not slander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:32 pm

stillgame wrote:here we go no replies out of 130 views but enter slander into the equation and suddenly everyman and his dog has an opinion worth posting.

i got the information from more helpful sources, but as stated thanks again for such an insight into how friendly you are to new members, glad i never wasted more time here, feel free to remove my account and posts and with all respect stick the forum up your arse
Toodles you needy little fish. Don't let the door hit you as you flounce out.

If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Dany Krap

Post by Dany Krap » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:06 am

JABWootton wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:39 pm
Did we have an away kit?

OK sounds stupid but with the kit being all white was there ever a colour clash with home teams.
Well I know we didn't play against Real Madrid during that time but possibly Leeds or Swansea?

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:02 pm

Played against Hereford and Bury that season.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883